[PICS] TW, I, myself, present myself [PICS]

Rayn said:
Good job, but its derivative. Is that intentional?
i set out with the intention of painting similarly to post-impressionists (van gogh) as an exercise in my own artistic development. however, i'd say i made it my own work. but yes, derivative and fairly unoriginal.

bonepuppet said:
i like it, someone photochop the left ear off
i did it at 330 in the morning and it looked fine then :shrug:. it's just a part i'm going to repaint when it dries.

Last edited:
ThrillKillKulT said:
you have an exposed sewage pipe in your basement? dude that shit is normal.
fixed ;)

i've also, noticed that the half below the eyes is far superior to the upper part. it really loses the continuity of the lower part as you move up the face ( not to mention the eyes aren't an equal distance from the nose). anyone else think this?

i can't beyond thinking that is your bed behind the pic in a room with a raw sewage pipe.

quick someone post a pic of a shiny object.

i like your use of colour, and while i am not meaning to be critical i would have liked to have seen green in lieu of the black. it might have been interesting

bonepuppet said:
i like your use of colour, and while i am not meaning to be critical i would have liked to have seen green in lieu of the black. it might have been interesting
i too would have liked to do that, but i can't afford good paint. my viridian (hue) would have turned to mud instantly.

beautifulface.jpg

I like how people who suck at painting make piece of shit paintings that don't look real, and then try to argue that it's their "style" ... well i think it's just an excuse for painting shit, because you can't do the real thing.

tdp said:
I like how people who suck at painting make piece of shit paintings that don't look real, and then try to argue that it's their "style" ... well i think it's just an excuse for painting shit, because you can't do the real thing.
you apparently don't understand the basic concept of art dating back to monet and impressionism (or earlier, by some accounts; goya, delacroix and, to a degree, even rembrandt broke free of classical traditions of form and color.) now if you want to suggest that my painting sucks, feel free. however, don't be an idiot and stick to a sense of what makes good art that's outdated by a century and a half. you only look like a bitter dickhead when you insinuate that monet, seurat, and van gogh sucked.

p.s. i have done many pieces (and posted some of them in the past) that have looked quite realistic and recieved nothing but praise. in fact, as you seem to be the type of person to put stock in this sort of thing, they have even one a few local shows. however, this was, as i posted earlier, an experiment for me because, if nothing else, the purpose of art is learning and exploring what is (and is not) aesthetically and emotionally pleasing. regardless of what the final product looked liked -- and i don't boast that this is some masterpiece -- i found the result very fulfilling.

Last edited:
you look like david bowie wearing earings (women's)
What was your intent?

Edit:
tdp is clearly retarded. It's unfortunate that some people live such barren lives in terms of art.

Last edited:
floorpunching said:
you look like david bowie wearing earings (women's)
haha, the ears really blow and need to be re-done and the hair behind them (i assume that's what you'r referring to is unclear, mostly because i ran out of red). i do not wear, nor would i consider wearing, earings, men's or women's.

Back