[NHL] Official Playoffs 2011 Thread

Let me spell it out for you exactly what I'm saying. The puck is coming off the boards toward the slot--which is moving away from the players as they are moving towards the boards. How is it legal to ride a player from where your picture is showing contact (about 15 feet) into the boards of which the puck is no where near and in fact heading even further away by the second?

And that would be something to think about if raymond didn't lose his balance and get turned around. but he did. 15 feet is like, one second in hockey. you can't stop like that! yes nhl players are awesome and can stop on a dime, but not with some dude trying to suck their cock in the process.

And that would be something to think about if raymond didn't lose his balance and get turned around. but he did. 15 feet is like, one second in hockey. you can't stop like that! yes nhl players are awesome and can stop on a dime, but not with some dude trying to suck their cock in the process.

15 feet is plenty to stop. 20+ feet away from the puck is plenty to call interference. That is all.

Glytch's plan of throwing triple in this thread has worked as I no longer feel like reading it.

why does it seem like you all ignore the fact that the guy's head was between his legs?

oh right, :lol: no idea what you're talking about

ps: obviously nhl agrees with me as there was no suspension

I lost faith in this discussion a while back.

I did however learn that some people in here don't know what they are talking about when it comes to the sport. But that's just my opinion. You won't see me feeding the trolls anymore.

The injury occurred 20 seconds into Game 6. Raymond, bent over at the waist and with his back to the boards, was shoved into the boards by Boston’s Johnny Boychuk. The players became entangled and Raymond was slow to get up, needing help to leave the ice. He was taken to a Boston hospital for treatment.

There was no penalty called on the play and the NHL will not impose a fine or suspension.

“We felt it was a battle for the puck,” said Mike Murphy, the league’s senior vice president of hockey operations, in an email.

“Boychuk tried to eliminate Raymond by pushing him towards the boards as the puck went by. Raymond was in a very awkward position with his body in an L position. Boychuk pushed him [backside]-first into the boards, his head and neck area getting wrenched.”

did you just get called out by the nhl? I think you did.

Did you read that at all? It was a battle for the puck, he wasn't playing the puck. It even says that Boychuk tried to eliminate Raymond by pushing him AKA playing the player, not the puck. Christ, you're fucking dumb.

Recall that I just said to you:

15 feet is plenty to stop. 20+ feet away from the puck is plenty to call interference. That is all.

I have no clue what you are talking about or trying to prove at this point.

Did you read that at all? It was a battle for the puck, he wasn't playing the puck. It even says that Boychuk tried to eliminate Raymond by pushing him AKA playing the player, not the puck. Christ, you're fucking dumb.

okay.

you know what, I disagree with you. The nhl disagrees with you. Most sportswriters who don't work for the vancouver sun disagree with you.

But tribalwar is behind you, and isn't tribalwar's opinion what matters most in hockey?

I think you're the only person who, looking back on it and watching it, doesn't think it should have been an interference call.

And you're the only one arguing he couldn't stop in time.

And you're a bangwagoning Boston fan.

So it all adds up.

I think you're the only person who, looking back on it and watching it, doesn't think it should have been an interference call.

:lol:

you mean aside from the nhl and refs that were officiating and on the ice?

but hey, you saw it on tv. You know the real deal. :rolleyes:

:lol:

you mean aside from the nhl and refs that were officiating and on the ice?

but hey, you saw it on tv. You know the real deal. :rolleyes:

Apparently you didn't see it on tv or even in the clip you posted. I am also sure Fonzie has actually been in a similar position on the ice while you can't even fit out the door or over the boards.

I guess he also missed Kerry Fraser's quote stating it was a missed interference call, too. But I'm sure he doesn't know who Kerry Fraser is and he will immediately Google his name and then act like he already knew.

I guess he also missed Kerry Fraser's quote stating it was a missed interference call, too. But I'm sure he doesn't know who Kerry Fraser is and he will immediately Google his name and then act like he already knew.

Guess what else he said?

When Mason Raymond was fully turned from the hook and balanced once again on two skates in a bent over position, it appears as though impact with the boards was perhaps five feet away. It doesn't take long to travel that distance. I did not see any evidence that Boychuk drove Raymond with any excessive or significant force other than what might be deemed normal on a finish of a play of this nature.

:lol: idiot

there goes your "but nhl players can stop on a dime!" argument.

troll_2.jpg

Back