Modern Warfare 2 PC: No dedicated servers.

It MAY be a L4D style dedicated server type system...
Which is just an inconvenience really, but there are still ded servers.

I hope it's ATLEAST that way or I'm not buying.

It MAY be a L4D style dedicated server type system...
Which is just an inconvenience really, but there are still ded servers.

I hope it's ATLEAST that way or I'm not buying.

NO dedicated servers. L4d can still host dedicated servers. People can buy their own servers. You wont be be able to do this with MW2.

They're calling them listen servers, which to me means people hosting games off of their crappy cable modem connections while also playing the game on their system.

If the servers were instanced by this IW.net company then maybe it would work. It just would mean no custom mods & maps.

It's interesting that they're integrating so much Steam into the game, sounds to me like even the retail version will still be 100% tied into Steam.

- No dedicated servers
- Public serves will be hosted only via IW-net
- IW-Net is essentially a copy of Xbox Live - all public servers will be provided by Infinity Ward
- No more Punkbuster - Steam will provide VAC for hacker control
- No mods or custom maps will be available

If this is true it doesn't seem that bad..

- No dedicated servers
- IW-Net is essentially a copy of Xbox Live - all public servers will be provided by Infinity Ward

Are you fucking kidding me?

Well I guess it depends on what you do, I don't play any kind of mod/custom shit with cod4 so I don't care about the no mods/custom maps shit.

But everyone seems to be complaining about the lag/ping times with no dedicated servers, which is still being done just in house by IW.

NO dedicated servers. L4d can still host dedicated servers. People can buy their own servers. You wont be be able to do this with MW2.

If you read my post, I know this... But it still hasn't been CONFIRMED that there will not be dedicated servers.

It's only been speculation from a BASH 123 cast.
BASH 123, Rob Bowling from Modern Warfare 2 is on to talk about IWNET. No more Dedi servers for PC. jockyitch01 on USTREAM. Shooter

It's it's listen server only, I will not buy this.

If anyone has a post of someone from IW saying there will not be Ded servers, post that shit, cause I haven't seen anything.

360 it is

I still can't bring myself to buy an FPS for a console. There are so many things that feel wrong about it. I've played them on consoles before (Halo 3 wasn't too bad, for a Halo game) and it's not like I went from being a good FPS player to a horrible one. It just didn't feel right.

The opposite is true for some other games. I had a 360 PC controller for Prototype. I use it for Arkham Asylum too. I think both games would have been inferior with the keyboard and mouse.

But an FPS... just can't do it.

BTW - Goodluck to the Sharkies tonight. Should smoke the Islanders. Then again, if they suffer from the same problem as Anaheim, they will play like shit against shitty teams and great against the good ones. What the fuck is up with that? I want to go down to the rink and uh... talk very sternly to the professional hockey players.

Yeah, I'm no fool. Even the ones who are 5'9" would probably be able to beat the shit out of me. They are professional fucking athletes, and what have I got for experience? AAA. Wooptie-fucking-do.

If you read my post, I know this... But it still hasn't been CONFIRMED that there will not be dedicated servers.

It's only been speculation from a BASH 123 cast.
BASH 123, Rob Bowling from Modern Warfare 2 is on to talk about IWNET. No more Dedi servers for PC. jockyitch01 on USTREAM. Shooter

It's it's listen server only, I will not buy this.

If anyone has a post of someone from IW saying there will not be Ded servers, post that shit, cause I haven't seen anything.

It was confirmed. It was 420 from IW.

- No dedicated servers

So just no independent servers then? Fine with me. I don't give a shit who runs the server, just as long as I'm not playing on player hosts.

Back