[Mega] MAGA Super Trump Mega Thread

How people can take something as simple as being proud of the country we all live in and turn it into hate is beyond me. People like to be proud. It goes like this:
It's good to be proud of yourself and your accomplishments.
It's good to be proud of your family and friends.
It's good to be proud of your work, your company, neighborhood, city, state, and country.

Being proud is a natural byproduct of accomplishment.

People who are afraid of others being proud of their life are sick. Probably depressed. Lost. Soulless and selfish. Non-participatory whiny little wall flowers. If you don't want to be part of the team then at least shut the fuck up.

"Anyone proud of their country is either a thug, or just hasn't read enough history yet"

"Anyone proud of their country is either a thug, or just hasn't read enough history yet"

but not if you live in New Zealand

New Zealand doesn't have these problems

did you guys hear about New Zealand?

man i couldn't imagine living anywhere but white atlantis

man is it great

u know but it isn't like i am proud of it

or like to talk about myself u know

of course you know

cause I'll keep telling you if you don't know now

captain tele pat, remember when ur brother tom absent dated that 4'11 girl from barbadia but also supported kavanaugh and got left high and dry

that sucked but i think we both get it

I always figured nationalism was the mindless "usa usa usa" chant, which, you know sometimes that's fine, hockey games or whatever. It's okay to feel good about your country, just don't take it as a serious political theory

Patriotism is actually giving a shit about your country and doing something about it - joining the military, voting, speaking up, civil disobedience, actually trying to make our country better. Sometimes you gotta break some nationalistic eggs to make patriotic pancakes. (yes I know the saying is omelette but patriotic pancake just sounds better)

Leading example would be mlk jr. Nationalistic? Hell no. Patriotic? He has his own holiday now, you tell me.

sometimes you gotta break some eggs to be a champion of women

DoXmNktU4AAd_52.jpg

DoW_SutU8AE0fMx.jpg

got to really crack em good right?

you tell me

I am. Life is full of mistakes. Especially since we are humans. That should not stop us from looking around the cosmos and realizing, we are amazing. And, being a US citizen, we have it awesome right here at home for which I am grateful and proud. Not of everything. And those are the things that a society works on correcting when moving forward.

I always figured nationalism was the mindless "usa usa usa" chant, which, you know sometimes that's fine, hockey games or whatever. It's okay to feel good about your country, just don't take it as a serious political theory

Patriotism is actually giving a shit about your country and doing something about it - joining the military, voting, speaking up, civil disobedience, actually trying to make our country better. Sometimes you gotta break some nationalistic eggs to make patriotic pancakes. (yes I know the saying is omelette but patriotic pancake just sounds better)

Leading example would be mlk jr. Nationalistic? Hell no. Patriotic? He has his own holiday now, you tell me.

Having your own holiday doesn't make you patriotic.

Nationalism and patriotism are two of the forces that have driven this country forward since its inception, and if some of the shitholes on this planet had even half the u.s.'s patriotism and nationalism, well they probably wouldn't be shitholes

sometimes you gotta break some eggs to be a champion of women

DoW_SutU8AE0fMx.jpg

got to really crack em good right?

you tell me

if I were on the senate committee confirming Kav, I'd definitely hold up the picture of Ted's car in the water and ask two questions:

"yo, Mr K, I only have two questions"

1 - do you know what happened in this picture? (if not, then explain it to him)

2 - ever murder someone?

the left's collective heads would fucking detonate. too bad republicans are too chickenshit to do that.

Back