[Kurayami] Syrian (Russian) new Fighters...

I am not sure what would Syrians be able to do with that behemoth. As soon as they'd take off and reach cruise speed they'd be in Egypt. That theater of operations is too small for a plane whose best strength is ability to quickly attain safe distance from its pursuers.

I am not sure what would Syrians be able to do with that behemoth. As soon as they'd take off and reach cruise speed they'd be in Egypt. That theater of operations is too small for a plane whose best strength is ability to quickly attain safe distance from its pursuers.
I don't think most of the other countries in the region would object to Syria using their airspace in a war with Israel.

Wish I had more to add, but Kuriyami said it well.

Israeli F15/16 would ruin most Syrian anything, due to the fact that Israel has one of the best and most well trained air forces in the world.

i dont think theres really any question of who would win a full on war with syria

just how much shit would the syrians do before they got their ass nuked, really.

"After the death of Hafez al Assad (his son taking over from him) the Syrians strengthened their ties with the Russians and delivery of new MiG-29s were a result of it. So far only a few MiG-29s are delivered and they are apparently based at two bases, one being close to Turkey (still one of the biggest enemies of Syria) and the other is located in the Damascus area."

I don't know about this story, I've been in the mountains in Wyoming for the past week, however... I do know that I'll take an Israeli pilot in just about anything. One guy flew an F-15 with only 1 wing for like 100 miles and landed it with out ever realizing he was missing a wing. Thats either 100% Awesome or 100% ignorance to your surroundings, but either way its 100% awesome.

I don't know about this story, I've been in the mountains in Wyoming for the past week, however... I do know that I'll take an Israeli pilot in just about anything. One guy flew an F-15 with only 1 wing for like 100 miles and landed it with out ever realizing he was missing a wing. Thats either 100% Awesome or 100% ignorance to your surroundings, but either way its 100% awesome.

100% complete bullshit is what it is.

Those Middle Eastern countries are so small, how do they even stay in their own airspace at full speed?

100% complete bullshit is what it is.

No, that really happened. The Israeli in the F-15 had a mid-air collision with another jet. I think it was an A-6. He regained control and flew back to base safely. Only after landing did they realize his entire right wing was gone. He didn't know it because of the gas pouring out of the wing root obstructed his view. It's on youtube, lemme get it.

EDIT:

No, that really happened. The Israeli in the F-15 had a mid-air collision with another jet. I think it was an A-6. He regained control and flew back to base safely. Only after landing did they realize his entire right wing was gone. He didn't know it because of the gas pouring out of the wing root obstructed his view. It's on youtube, lemme get it.

EDIT:

i know the story. i took exception to the way homeslice worded it, as it sounded like he was implying that the pilot didnt notice something was seriously wrong with the plane. planes dont exactly fly the same when the wing is missing. but, it is 100% awesome that the plane was able to stay controllable at all.

I don't lie about my Israelis. I hate Israel, but their [strike]pilots[/strike]American Made Planes are the shit.

Im not saying israeli pilots arent good, but that was the plane being exceptional, as well as the pilot

Last edited:
um mig31 isn't the fastest plane and it's hardly considered a threat to anything even remotely modern

um mig31 isn't the fastest plane and it's hardly considered a threat to anything even remotely modern
Name the production fighter that is faster than the MiG-31.

There's also quite a bit more to aerial combat that having the most expensive technology. An entire air combat doctrine is based upon the MiG-31's greatest advantage. I'll let you research what that is.

Back