I'm pissed off that Americans get called Yanks

I think the only people that would call us yanks anyways are the limeys, haggistanis, and paddies

everyone else speaks gibberish so who gives a fuck what they say

i could care less about people calling me a "yank" or "yankee". people say it because some people get so bent out of shape about it. it's stupid.

so he's an idiot because he lives in america, and tells people he's from america?

if he said he was "north american" or from "the americas" then thats fine. its like a japanese person person being asked where they're from and they say "ASIA LOLOOL"

America isn't global shorthand for North America or South America. It's shorthand for the USA.

He obviously knows what being from "America" means to everyone around the world, and just says it to purposely mislead people.

because i have presentations from 9-5 today that i need to watch and i haven't really written that second berkeley essay i forgot existed (i guess being swedish will have to be my personal history ticket into grad school)

yeah my personal history one was basically: "im white and not impoverished. can i still come?"

honestly though how long was yours? i'm leaning towards having it be pretty short (like 3-4 paragraphs). i see no reason to make it longer since i've basically had no real adversity in life.

although i guess i also can easilly talk about cultural stuff too...i mean i guess it wouldn't really be hard for me to write something (even something fairly good), but i see no purpose to it for math grad school and i don't think the committees will give a shit.

Back