Heroin and Jesus

Nostradamus

Veteran X
Heroin and Jesus

We were the drug: the corruption of children, the mutilation of young men, the prostitution of women, the humiliation of the old, the division of the family, the division of the country - it had all been done in our name.
-James Fenton

“Did Jesus call? Are we good to go?”

Those were the first words out of my mouth as I walked in the door. Everything was dark in John’s house, except a dim lamp on the desk. His face was pressed against the telephone. He was sweaty and bug-eyed, pacing frantically and yet speaking with authority to the dealer. There was no acknowledgement of my presence until he clicked the portable.

“Everything is set up. Let’s roll NOW.”
“Goddamn man, you look terrible,” I said as we walked to my danger, green Ford Ranger.
“Jason, you should look in the mirror.”

We were both jonesing terribly. The shakes, the sweats, the insomnia; It was another 2 am, high speed run into the ‘Burgh. One hundred beautiful, blue bags of smack for 700 greens. It was going to be a difficult hour in the truck, but it would be worth the effort. We would each take away 25 for nothing, and could sell the rest for triple the cost.

Jesus, our intermediary, had set us up with a serious connect. We just knew his description and where to meet. He was black, fat, and carried a handgun at his waist. We were also advised to “not fuck with him”.

After a 45-minute rush down the dead highway I pulled on the off ramp We wound our way through traffic-lights and meandering vehicles. Speed limits mean nothing while in the pits of heroin withdrawal. John was shaking violently, rocking back and forth, and chain-smoking a pack of Marlboro’s. He kept missing the window and ashing all over the floor.

“Will you fucking stop that?” I asked as politely as I could manage.
“I can’t fucking help it. Will you stop driving like a fucking old lady?” He snapped, as I stopped for a red light.

We were heading for the projects. John knew the way. Suddenly, as I rounded the corner of an alley, there were 20 black teenagers standing in the middle of the street. They all stopped and stared right into our headlights. All looked like thugs. No one moved an inch.

Through clenched teeth, John mumbled, “Whatever you do, do NOT stop.”

I inched forward at no more than three miles an hour, and the crowd slowly parted. John rolled down his window and gave the most hardcore scowl he could muster. Around the next bend our man was waiting.

It was trying to snow. There were no stars in the sky, only a dim reflection of city lights on the clouds. He was wearing a heavy coat, and gray sweatpants. We came to a stop beside him and I rolled down the window.

“You have the 700?”
“Yep,” I responded, and handed him the wad of bills.

We waited silently as he counted it out. He then dropped a plastic bag on the sidewalk and walked away, without another word. I opened the door and picked it up.

“Holy shit man! Look at all this smack! Let’s light it up!” John said, with eyes full of lust. I agreed with him and passed 3 bags to him.

Here we go. Spoons out. Orange-tipped syringes from the glove box. Cotton balls. Rip the plastic open with the teeth. Unwrap the blue, wax paper. Dope up the spoon. Mix it up. Light it up. Suck it up. A belt is taught on both of our arms, pumping the veins. It is important to focus. Stop the shaking. Don’t blow it. Hit the line. Push the plunger. Let off the belt. Feel the rush. It is like a hundred orgasms at once. All is peace once again, for a few hours at least.

Sircle said:

This is partially from my journal 18 months ago, when I was still a junkie, and the past drunken hour of editing and filling in the blanks.

I've decided to make TW my sounding board for rough drafts. Also, I have to write, or I will go crazy (check my schizophrenia thread).

What does everyone think?

dododo

Everything is true, except "John" isn't his name. I changed it to John, just incase.

Jesus (not his real name, just nickname) is currently in jail after serving a year, then bailing on parole a few weeks ago. He was picked up in ohio somewhere with a lot of heroin and cocaine.

"John" is still a good friend, and just got out of jail in April. I'm not sure if he has turned a corner yet though. He is more of an alcoholic than I am now, and still bangs smack, while dodging the piss tests of parole officers.

Damnit I want comments!

I think this one is a bit better than my "Falling water is Filthy" story last week.

I have plans to hammer out a short story on Electro-Convulsive-Therapy sometime soon aswell.

Mangle-Me-Elmo said:
john sounds like a cool motherfucker

John is intensily cool. Way cooler than I am. He is extremely extroverted, and has probably banged 20x the number of females as I have. Except he is a goddamn degenerate fucker and most are underage teenage girls at the local highschool.

Gallium said:
yes, this is much better then filthy water

Really? In what way. I think I really messed up the Falling Water one. This one is more true to my writing style 18 months ago. I tried to avoid any HST-esque style here. What about the last paragraph with the short sentences?

DacTheHork said:
drugs are cool

Nope.

I've learned from brutal experience, and police, and being handcuffed and searched and my dope found and hauled off to the compound.

It never works in the long run, especially with heroin. You'll get fucked, sooner or later.

DAMNIT FUCKING POST ALREADY!

I can't stand the waiting and constant refreshes. I am too tense, and not enough vodka. I'm not beligerent yet, so more drink is needed. I turned down a trip to the bar with John for this thread.

Nostradamus said:
Nope.

I've learned from brutal experience, and police, and being handcuffed and searched and my dope found and hauled off to the compound.

It never works in the long run, especially with heroin. You'll get fucked, sooner or later.

No fucking way really?

I always thought heroin was just something you do every now and then for fun like going for a run or playing a sport. Trust me, when people take hard drugs they are in complete control and only keep doing it for casual use.

DacTheHork said:
No fucking way really?

I always thought heroin was just something you do every now and then for fun like going for a run or playing a sport. Trust me, when people take hard drugs they are in complete control and only keep doing it for casual use.

Does your mother know about your filthy mouth?

Sorry I didn't lead all of the TW nerd's sheltered lives. Did you enjoy church yesterday? Did you pop into EBGAMES afterwards? You didn't steal a videogame did you? How is the acne doing? When is the next D&D gathering?

Wow.

You are all, seriously depraved llamas.

How many of you have mainlined smack? I am betting exactly zero. A nerdy forum does not usually fall into that kind of crowd. This is why a thread like this does not resonate, despite any brilliance or luicid beauty.

Maybe it is time to migrate to SA, but I shudder at the thought. It is like migrating to Nazi Germany.

Back