Having a 'workplace-intervention' conversation with a friend/colleague

as a supervisor, I'd be pretty annoyed if staff took this on themselves rather than get me involved

as a supervisor, I'd be pretty annoyed if staff took this on themselves rather than get me involved

U think that these conversations don't happen much more frequently than you're aware of 'as a supervisor'? I don't believe in the whole 'taking issues to leadership' or hr, adults can have a mature conversation by themselves, even if it means feelings get hurt

It's natural to be concerned for the ppl u work with and see almost everyday and to develop those relationships and friendships, so hell no i'm not gonna push leadership to get involved unless it's the absolute last resort... When leadership gets involved ppl start losing their jobs real fast

Well, then maybe it's time to just quit with the drama and focus on work and getting things done that are productive?

U think that these conversations don't happen much more frequently than you're aware of 'as a supervisor'? I don't believe in the whole 'taking issues to leadership' or hr, adults can have a mature conversation by themselves, even if it means feelings get hurt

It's natural to be concerned for the ppl u work with and see almost everyday and to develop those relationships and friendships, so hell no i'm not gonna push leadership to get involved unless it's the absolute last resort... When leadership gets involved ppl start losing their jobs real fast

This is all completely irrelevant when one of my reports gets a harassment complaint slapped on them because of their 'intervention' and I'm in a meeting with them and HR trying to sort through the story and figure out how the damn clown can somehow keep his job because he was "only trying to help" but the other party took offense.

This is all completely irrelevant when one of my reports gets a harassment complaint slapped on them because of their 'intervention' and I'm in a meeting with them and HR trying to sort through the story and figure out how the damn clown can somehow keep his job because he was "only trying to help" but the other party took offense.

this

dude just needs to go to HR now and say he feels threatened and bullied by u guys

he will be enjoying a few months off on full pay while they decide how many of you they need to sack

im sure things will be tense behind the taco bell counter while all of this drama plays out

:rofl: @ ppl thinking they can change someone's basic character by having a 'quiet word'

Yeah, this kind of activity only works for things like the community fridge, being overtly gassy and using the wrong recycling bin.

It's an HR nightmare.

i like you vlasic, but this is just more power hungry talk from a "supervisor". regardless of what you want to believe, all workers below you aren't simply children needing guidance from ur almighty position. i agree with rusty, people talk to each other in companies, and most of the time, petty arguments and quiet talk in the office doesn't require "supervisor" intervention. in fact, supervisor intervention is mostly frowned upon in social settings of companies. so stop trying to butt your nose into every little thing simply because you think you are owed it because you are the "supervisor"

i like you vlasic, but this is just more power hungry talk from a "supervisor". regardless of what you want to believe, all workers below you aren't simply children needing guidance from ur almighty position. i agree with rusty, people talk to each other in companies, and most of the time, petty arguments and quiet talk in the office doesn't require "supervisor" intervention. in fact, supervisor intervention is mostly frowned upon in social settings of companies. so stop trying to butt your nose into every little thing simply because you think you are owed it because you are the "supervisor"

im pretty sure thats the whole point of the supervisor position lol.

im pretty sure thats the whole point of the supervisor position lol.

to treat his employees like toddlers? no, you're wrong. it's to see that they get their work done, and to assign projects/tasks. quit perpetuating the supervisor nanny state, bruh

Wow, you've completely missed the mark here. You're making an awful lot of untrue assumptions about me.

99.99% of the time, I do not involve myself with the day to day banter of my staff. I don't do smalltalk in general, and I don't "butt my nose" in even if the conversation gets a bit heated.

HOWEVER

The thread is talking about a conversation with someone to encourage modification of their baseline personality. Unfortunately, this treads a fine line of harassment, and these conversations usually lead to HR complaints.

I've seen it too many times.

Also:
"regardless of what you want to believe, all workers below you aren't simply children needing guidance from ur almighty position."

Go fuck yourself. This isn't what I believe, at all. I am literally the exact opposite of this. Asshole.

Wow, you've completely missed the mark here. You're making an awful lot of untrue assumptions about me.

99.99% of the time, I do not involve myself with the day to day banter of my staff. I don't do smalltalk in general, and I don't "butt my nose" in even if the conversation gets a bit heated.

HOWEVER

The thread is talking about a conversation with someone to encourage modification of their baseline personality. Unfortunately, this treads a fine line of harassment, and these conversations usually lead to HR complaints.

I've seen it too many times.

Also:
"regardless of what you want to believe, all workers below you aren't simply children needing guidance from ur almighty position."

Go fuck yourself. This isn't what I believe, at all. I am literally the exact opposite of this. Asshole.

i apologize if i was wrong about that. no need for name calling. sorry to upset you immensely. i'm just saying, why should they go to you for that kind of shit? they shouldn't, they should either try to work it out themselves or take it to HR. you are not HR. it's none of your business. that is an HR issue.

Back