GOD FUCKING DAMNIT OIL IS $98/BARREL

it's pretty much time to short the dollar, because it's going to tank. i'm leaving this god-forsaken country

1 USD = 0.916 CAD -0.0115 (-1.240%)
1 USD = 0.682 EUR -0.0065 (-0.948%)

it's pretty much time to short the dollar, because it's going to tank. i'm leaving this god-forsaken country

1 USD = 0.916 CAD -0.0115 (-1.240%)
1 USD = 0.682 EUR -0.0065 (-0.948%)

well having the feds cut the rate only hurt it more.
So while the consumer might be able to save 100 bucks on his mortgage payment because of the rate cut, he will be spending 200 dollars on regular things because of the increased inflation

GJ federal gov

It's pretty safe to go against tdub on financial investment advice. This is like the 5th or 6th time in the past 2 days I've heard people saying to short the dollar... there couldn't be a better time to go long on this.

In this case I think the tw financial speculators may be right, especially if China diversifies away from the US dollar.

you guys are idiots.

If it gets higher, it will hit a threshold which means it will be economically viable to start extraction oil from Oil Shale, of which america has 4 trillion barrels of oil.
Canada just recently started getting oil from its oil sands in the west. I think it's 100 billion barrels. They have the 2nd largest reserves. Saudi Arabia is about to post some stuff and claim they now have 300 billion barrels of oil.

Oil will get expensive, but we wont run out for another 40-50 years probably. Unless we find a way to get at the Oil Shale that doesnt fuck over the environment, then we'll have oil a bit longer.

I'm more afraid of sea level rises for 39 inches in the next century tbh.
Good post. Upon hitting the threshold, refiners "crack spread" becomes so small that they are forced to push the price of refined oil higher (due to the higher price of crude). Exxon, Chevron, Schlumberger, and other oil companies have all missed earnings expectations, and actually posted losses. This is due to the crack spread all but being diminished.

For the record, all of you who are trying to predict when our oil reserves will run out - do yourself a favor and don't try. Transocean, Inc., the world's largest ultra-deepwater offshore drilling company, will have floating rigs next year that are capable of drilling 40,000 feet deep in water. They also are a strong company with solid fundamentals and will only be increasing their drilling depth. The world has plenty of oil that is untapped. Not to mention, I doubt cars will run on gasoline in 50 years regardless.

we aren't going to run out of oil, there is tons of it that is too expensive to extract right now.. however some methods are becoming more viable

I hope the price of oil keeps going up so I can retire a bit earlier. :)

I'll fill you in on my financial genius and help you all get as rich as I have. To date, I've made $31,201,301.12 using this method. As soon as the Canadian dollar passed by the American dollar in value I went to Barnes and Noble and bought as many books as I could afford (paperbacks work best for cost). Because they were $5.99 US/7.99 Can, I then took them across the border and sold them in front of canadian stores, netting myself a nice profit per book. Using that profit to in turn buy more books in the US, I've quickly made a ton of profit through my illegal book trafficking business.

I'll fill you in on my financial genius and help you all get as rich as I have. To date, I've made $31,201,301.12 using this method. As soon as the Canadian dollar passed by the American dollar in value I went to Barnes and Noble and bought as many books as I could afford (paperbacks work best for cost). Because they were $5.99 US/7.99 Can, I then took them across the border and sold them in front of canadian stores, netting myself a nice profit per book. Using that profit to in turn buy more books in the US, I've quickly made a ton of profit through my illegal book trafficking business.

:lol:

It's pretty safe to go against tdub on financial investment advice. This is like the 5th or 6th time in the past 2 days I've heard people saying to short the dollar... there couldn't be a better time to go long on this.

The dollar will eventually go up, it just depends on the psychological factors, if I was betting I'd bet on nothing changing for at least 3 months. Besides the Canadian economy is running at full capacity, the US market is in loads of debt with a fun credit squeeze thrown in...it will be interesting to see how they try and get themselves out of it.

But I ain't betting the markets are too stoopid...well I am tempted but the past few months have sucked.

:rofl:

Back