GOD FUCKING DAMNIT OIL IS $98/BARREL

Who cares. It's still not as high as it has been in the past adjusted for inflation but yes it's going to go up.

And lol @ 15-20 years only 1% of NA pop will be driving/flying. :tinfoil: Better stock up on canned goods in my bunker in case of this apocalyptic future.

you guys are idiots.

If it gets higher, it will hit a threshold which means it will be economically viable to start extraction oil from Oil Shale, of which america has 4 trillion barrels of oil.
Canada just recently started getting oil from its oil sands in the west. I think it's 100 billion barrels. They have the 2nd largest reserves. Saudi Arabia is about to post some stuff and claim they now have 300 billion barrels of oil.

Oil will get expensive, but we wont run out for another 40-50 years probably. Unless we find a way to get at the Oil Shale that doesnt fuck over the environment, then we'll have oil a bit longer.

I'm more afraid of sea level rises for 39 inches in the next century tbh.

The point isn't that it's expensive, the point is that it's too expensive to afford. Thus if something else is less expensive than oil it doesn't necessarily mean it's affordable.

logic.

So...

I take it none of you see the extreme rising demand for oil in China and India?

Just see the documentary and comeback posting in this thread later please.

So...

I understand. Very few of them have cars now. Very soon, they will. It's going to be bad.

China currently consumes about 6 million barrels a day. A decade ago they werent even in the top 10. Now they're number 2 for consumption. America consumes...oh 20 million a day or so. We produce 8ish and import 11ish.

China produces..2.5ish and imports the rest. Both china and india are going to be major players sooon. India is on the top 10 as well for consumption i think.

Fun fact: Per capita, Canada consumes more oil than america.

Also, China is poisoning itself with its unchecked growth. The environment in many places has gone to absolute shit.

China has also overtaken japan as the leading car manufacturer. So ya, sooner than later they'll have tons and tons of cars.

So...

I saw a documentary on it. It mentioned diverting all of the oil that is produced in Canada and selling it to China for a lot more than we do to the US.

yeah the chinese are all up in our country building giant pipes directly to their doorstep from the oil sands

So... I take it none of you saw this year best documentary?

510LT2vvhFL._SS500_.jpg

^ DVD cover

Official website:
A Crude Awakening / The Oil Crash

More info:
CrudeAwakening.org

P.S. If you taught last year An Inconvenient Truth documentary was hard on your view of the future.... Crude Awakening makes it look like a fucking teletubbies episode. No joke.
We're not running out, this run-up is almost entirely due to the massive devaluation of the dollar.

Someone needs to take away the keys to Bernanke's helicopter.

I think im gonna go trade my truck in today for a 4 cylinder car that gets 80 miles a gallon.

Just kidding, I love my truck

Back