G1 is better than the iPhone

The updates started going out at the end of last week, and everyone is supposed to have them "by the first week in June".

So yeah.

I'll definitely check Android OS out in a year. See how far they have come in terms of apps and OS.

Is pandora on G1?
Is Facebook on G1?
Is beejive on G1?
are there background procs?
Is there a lotus notes app for the G1?

Seriously? Facebook?

Since it's on 3G and has a full browser, yeah, it'll do Facebook.

:rolleyes:

I think you need to learn how to Google, son. Android is mature enough already. 1.5 is being pushed to phones right now, and there are literally thousands of apps available for it on Android Market.

g1 is very good, OP complaints aren't really that big a deal, 3.0 will have bluetooth stack and not that many people really give a shit anyway

i hope google keeps pushing it with their os, it'll force both of them to be better

I'll definitely check Android OS out in a year. See how far they have come in terms of apps and OS.

Is pandora on G1?
Is Facebook on G1?
Is beejive on G1?
are there background procs?
Is there a lotus notes app for the G1?

Imeem is the same thing as pandora from what I have experienced. Yes facebook is on G1, I am not familiar with beejive or lotus notes but background processes are ran all the time with G1... i can hit home and come right back to my browser and continue. Not to mention copying something from a web page and pasting it into a note and then going back to the webpage again..

Both phones are great Ender.. don't be closeminded.

except you would have to keep it on the screen and basically not use your phone until the file tranfer is finished.

why would you want to bit torrent something to your phone?

wouldn't a utorrent client for the iphone which controls yoru PC ala itunes remote be more useful?

wouldn't a utorrent client for the iphone which controls yoru PC ala itunes remote be more useful?

this exists, but apple wouldn't let it in the app store. so you can only get it if you jailbreak the phone.

driving somewhere and decide you want to watch a movie or something :shrug:.

My wife always has her netbook so I can just route her wifi to my data connection and use that if I really need something.

Imeem is the same thing as pandora from what I have experienced. Yes facebook is on G1, I am not familiar with beejive or lotus notes but background processes are ran all the time with G1... i can hit home and come right back to my browser and continue. Not to mention copying something from a web page and pasting it into a note and then going back to the webpage again..

Both phones are great Ender.. don't be closeminded.

I'm not close minded.

I'm realistic.

android has how many apps?
apple appstore has how many apps?

Like I said in a year we'll see how well Android has grown. Google is already pulling out of the radio ad business, I wouldn't be surprised if they pull out of Android in a year or two.

eh i think android will be a success. but its not up to google really, rather the cellphone manufacturers.

its "just the OS" after all :p:

I think I'll wait until this thing matures a bit. I picked up my iPhone last summer when the 2nd generation came out. I have to say that I'm stupidly happy with the phone overall. Looking forward to 3.0 this summer.

Back