DUNE

Last edited:
I watched the Mini Series (Dune) and it's a lot different from the 1984 movie. In that movie, Paul teaches everyone the weirding ways and even says he will do it in the 2000 mini series. Yet in the big battle scene at the end, no one is doing it. It's like they forgot all about it at the end of the movie and stuck to the knife battles.

Now we wait until December and get another version that only covers half the story.

They could make the 1965 book into a TV series going one episode per chapter. But instead we have...
1984 - Dune (classic movie)
2000 - Dune (3 part mini series on SciFi)
2020 - Dune (2 part movie)

I'll watch the other Mini Series (Children Of Dune) next.

Last edited:
I'll watch the other Mini Series (Children Of Dune) next.

I like how they shot Dune Messiah and COD back to back. They wisely introduced characters from CoD into the DM plotline, so you see them age throughout the years. I really like that approach

As long as some few people in marketing are gay, they're ship shape.

Don't worry, everyone in Hollywood marketing is gay.

The rules the Academy adopted fuck over small independent filmmakers with small teams more than anyone else. Big productions like this will be totally unaffected.

i can't imagine any major motion picture not meeting those criteria. if you have a gay hairstylist, a female costumer, and an internship program for hispanic youths, you're there. like the rest of america, hollywood can't wrap their head around statistics.

lol @ small indie films being affected, can you name some that have been nominated by oscar?

Don't fret - the return of the small, private, high quality theater could be nigh. The big fuckers get exclusive rights in an area and put small theaters out of business. If they no longer exist, fuck 'em. They can't do that shit anymore. I laughed my ass off that a local guy started a small chain of really high quality theaters here in the Vancouverm WA/Portland area. Cinetopia. Best fucking place around. Great wine. Great kitchens. Dine in. DOLBY ATMOS. 21 and over theaters. Livingroom style theaters. Fucking movie Nirvana.

Anyway, AMC hated the guy. Used to get exclusive rights to opening day stuff. He took them to court. Why? He was a lawyer. Anyway, they wearied of the battle and gave him a huge offer to buy it last May. We were all sad. AMC immediately cut staff and axed the kitchen, thaae art gallery etc. Guy made out like a bandit. Perfect timing. Now they are fucked. Regal is pulling out of the US. Long live cinema! Bring it back and do it right.

Don't fret - the return of the small, private, high quality theater could be nigh. The big fuckers get exclusive rights in an area and put small theaters out of business. If they no longer exist, fuck 'em. They can't do that shit anymore. I laughed my ass off that a local guy started a small chain of really high quality theaters here in the Vancouverm WA/Portland area. Cinetopia. Best fucking place around. Great wine. Great kitchens. Dine in. DOLBY ATMOS. 21 and over theaters. Livingroom style theaters. Fucking movie Nirvana.

Anyway, AMC hated the guy. Used to get exclusive rights to opening day stuff. He took them to court. Why? He was a lawyer. Anyway, they wearied of the battle and gave him a huge offer to buy it last May. We were all sad. AMC immediately cut staff and axed the kitchen, thaae art gallery etc. Guy made out like a bandit. Perfect timing. Now they are fucked. Regal is pulling out of the US. Long live cinema! Bring it back and do it right.

I love hearing stories like this. Too bad an awesome place got bought out, but great timing.

Back