DUNE

Enjoyed the trailer, def plan to see the movie.

Less enthused over pink floyd use. Great music, but it's use felt very Zac Synder-ish, like a trailer for Batman v Superman.

Also not impressed w/ the Jason Momoa casting. Dude always comes off as exactly the same character -- it's like, "what's Aquaman doing in Dune?" His aesthetic fits a certain mold, but his ability to act is non-existent.

The rest of it looks great tho, very optimistic.

Less enthused over pink floyd use. Great music, but it's use felt very Zac Synder-ish, like a trailer for Batman v Superman.

Also not impressed w/ the Jason Momoa casting. Dude always comes off as exactly the same character -- it's like, "what's Aquaman doing in Dune?" His aesthetic fits a certain mold, but his ability to act is non-existent.

Alexander ME

You could say the same about Bautista and Isaac if you only go by the trailer. Oh look, it's White (Power) Drax and Obi Poe Kenobi of Impossible Space Pilot fame. Some of the casting is definite cringe at first glance, but we'll see if the actors' performances manage to fool the viewer into suspended disbelief.

Like I don't know who this babyface kid they have playing Paul is, but I'll give him a shot.

X-Men: Apocalypse would like a word.
swars and xmen were garbo scripts and garbo films.

He has a lot of recent payday roles, mostly because he has many great performances in movies that weren’t hits. And some he doesn’t get much credit...likes of robin hood, drive, ex machina...then you have very good performances in the likes of in secret, balibo, a most violent year and inside lewyn davis.

Warner Brothers has one trailer design and they stick to it.

I know, I thought he was great in Ex Machina. He just seems oddly typecast here. Or rather, like the Dune makeup department didn't try to do anything new with him. It feels like I've seen this before. Again, it's a trailer thing.

isaac is actually a really good actor

zendaya is also super talented
Ex machina was awesome use of two star wars actors

Though the kid was also great in the really good movie frank

Sent from my SM-T867U using Tapatalk

actually really enjoyed david lynch's version, but just the director's cut version

i'm curious what the baron harkonnen will look like

iu

I hope something like this

I just read the books a few years ago. The first 4 books are good but by the 5th book, I just stopped and put it down. No sooner do you (the reader) get into all the characters in the book and want to begin to learn more about them, does the next book start and it is thousands of years in the future. Now you need to learn about all these new characters and the same thing happens again.
I feel the same way about franchises. It takes a lot to put all that info in the brain and follow everything in detail. I didn't watch the SciFi movies yet, there are 6 of them, so I have a lot of content to watch. Everything revolves around Good V. Evil or solving a random problem, which again would be evil. It comes down to the settings and characters, otherwise every movie is basically the same.

The other thing to discuss is whether this movie is going to have the happy ending and be a stand alone. I guess it doesn't matter because movie titles are now the name of the movie, and then people put the year after it. For example, this movie is really called Dune 2020. If a movie has the happy ending, then people watch it. If they go off the tracks and ruin it, then people don't watch. The Matrix and The GodFather are examples of this, where the last movie ended on a bad note. I think this movie will have the happy ending, the 1st in a 3 part series usually does (Star Wars).

Last edited:
Back