cities:skylines

You can upgrade roads without bulldozing.
On road tab, click the exclamation next to free road lay, then click existing roads and the type of road you want to replace it with.

yea but you had to keep it of the same type... the mod allows you to upgrade to one ways and change directions. oh and the tree brush tool mod is nice

one ways are the shit, at least for the entrance into and out of your city. I haven't messed with roundabouts because they are so fucking huge but I intend to incorporate them more later on.

I used a large roundabout at the first city crossroads and it worked really well, you can put cross streets on the interior of the circle and put major services in it, like fire station, hospitals and police hq's

I used a small roundabout, it created the biggest traffic problem I've ever had. I turned it into a 4 way stop and traffic was cured.

someone give me a list of mods to get for this game

i managed to hold out on buying it for 3 days and saved zero dollars.

fuk

they should have some sort of help grid when building small roads that shows u the space needed if u want to upgrade to bigger ones

i build 2 small road (only available @ start) parallel and im like ye ok i need to have 2 grid space so i can upgrade to two-lane later

but it wasnt enough, so i could only upgrade one of the parallel roads but not enough space to upgrade both
BULLDOZE

fuk

Yeah, it takes some getting used to. I've started over from scratch several times, though I finally got to a city big enough for Hydro power and such last night.

Last edited:
Everyone that says only small roads are available at start, you do realize you only need to build a 1 inch section of road before the other road options unlock? You literally can build the smallest section possible then the rest unlocks. No need to start with some long little road....

I realized that but it is silly that you have to do that. Why the hell would you build a one lane road off the freeway.

agreed that it's dumb. i wonder what kind of updates CO will release since the mod community is pretty much throwing everything at this game they've got.

Back