Cap Routes for Trives Assends

I will wait for the box and my new 2 GIG video card to just run the game.

Looks faster than I thought. No defense was in place doing these routes.

The disc jumping looks like it does fuck all. That use to propel you across the map to have a hope in catching up with fast cappers to at least meet them at their stand.

From a stand still I bet you that DJ does fuck all.

disc jumping basically is worthless compared to a disc jump in tribes 1, but it still helps you get height and speed. This is why on most of the routes I grab without djing right before as the speed is fine without it and losing half your health would be pointless.

You have plenty of air control even at high speed if you just know where you want to go and plan for it enough to let go of jet and just use the direction keys.

I would do these in pubs, but I get about 5 fps with fraps going and other players in the game. The idea wasn't to show the route against some scrub pub d anyway, and anyone can see which routes are viable or not based on the approach and return without needing the defense to actually be in the video. Clearly a few of these would get owned by different d setups depending on how many and how good their snipers are, or how competent they are at body blocking, etc.

Here are the other route videos now available for ascend:
Tribes Ascend: Flag Routes - YouTube
Tribes:Ascend Katabatic route - YouTube
Tribes Ascend - Katabatic - BE - Flag Cap - Back Route by RedMedicine (sloppy) - YouTube
[HQ] Tribes: Ascend Flag Run on Katabatic - YouTube
Tribes Ascend - Katabatic Pathfinder BE Cap Route - YouTube
Tribes Ascend - Pathfinder Flag Grab - YouTube
Tribes: Ascend - Shozo Solo Cap Run - YouTube
Tribes Ascend Katabatic Ski Route - YouTube

So...shitty compared to what? I do agree that my two hours of messing around in my own server figuring out the routes in this video aren't the pinnacle of capping, but I have yet to see anyone else doing better routes at the moment. I honestly would like to see some other quality capping videos.

Nice routes Perr. That looks like hellacious fun. Wish I had time to play.

I would love to see more vids =).

At the top of the arc after the flag grab I am always expecting to see the red beams from lasers and hit that kills you. I miss T1 after seeing that video.

wish i could play other classes

im close to being able to unlock a class now that they reduced the number of points needed for a couple of them

pathfinder (the class in the video) really is the most fun to cap with. You will get raped by a good ranger or raider if they see you coming tho, or if you get body blocked or skibugged on route. You can sort of chase with pathfinder, but you will be relying almost completely on getting right on someones ass and nading or discing them. Your second weapon is a shitty close range shotgun that you will never use.

Back