Anyone else picking up Total war Shogun 2?

Even on Normal I am surprised how much of a dick the enemy is. Attacking me from like 2-3 sides at the same time and all that. Jerks.

Do the fucking Geishas have 100% chance at assassination in this one too? Assassins are what usually ruin the game for me. The Geisha thing in Shogun and the "hey lets send 100 assassins per round" in M2TW.

:sunny:

So far my Ninjas haven ever had more than like a 20% chance of assassination and haven't been successful yet.

i keep having instances where i'm slightly losing a battle, and i have a unit standing at the ready, cavalry for instance... then i click them to give an order and they flee immediately. like "us? oh, no thank you". i actually rage quit over that one. why does the AI do that

The AI seems OK for the most part, but I question it's effectiveness when a map has a narrow bridge, and a wide landbridge maybe 20-30 seconds to side and they proceed to march their entire army over the narrow ass bridge. I was outnumbered like 3 to 1 and totally decimated them.

Game is fucking awesome, and actually pretty challenging on "hard". Surprising because I usually pull dick moves and win in TW games.. this time it's the computer doing that to me.

A tip I picked up, never ever ever attack your vassal because it's attacking you're coop partner bridude. Then it becomes a everybody hates Tokugawa moment.

From what I've gathered, clan mode is like a giant FFA on Japan and the top two ranking clans for a set time period (days) move to a higher bracket or tier and the bottom four (?) move to a lower tier. The only way to conquer provinces is by fighting other players in land, sea, or siege battles. If you win you get the province, if you lose the other players (clan) get the particular province they were gunning for.

Also, is anyone else experiencing an issue with battle replays not saving properly?

Me and Prides progress so far in dominating our current tier in clan competition. We are the DeathFaceSquad, the dark blue-ish purple areas.

We are in tier 8 (bottom of the pyramid) currently hold 7 provinces and are leading this tier. Pretty inactive tier, though hopefully once this season is over the next one has more active clans. Right now we're working on taking away the provinces of the Combattenti della clan(green).

D86423AD175682F3F32845FDCAB6BE011813DD37

1D08791558D01EBEEA225DF79EAFD623DDF44BB9

Pretty fun so far. Definitely a more interesting multi-player than previous TW games. There are some bugs they need to patch out though for sure.

And here is a picture of me!
C193D9B30EED2CFF68FF7B661D5BFD444FDBAB70

8DC4FB6124134C4A11B6BB358344B5BB40D54D0A

Does higher ground give you an advantage at all? I feel like your archers should get a range buff or something but it doesn't seem like that is true.

my frame rate was bad in the demo but full game i can set everything on ultra no problem

no idea why that is

much more enjoyable with the bells and whistles turned on

That is how I beat the historical battle in the demo. I pulled all my armies that could make it to higher ground in the lower left corner. Put the pike dudes up front and archers behind them. Once they engaged the front line I sent samuri around to assist and cav went after all the long range faggots.

Back