Anyone else picking up Total war Shogun 2?

wait 20 gigs - wtf? srsly?

That is one way to combat piracy, make a game bigger than most people monthly d/l allowance!

Enjoyed the demo, but it seems like an overhauled/glorified MTW2 set in the backdrop of feudal Japan. Will probably pick it up once it goes on sale.

Wow, how many of these do they have? I played one a few years ago based in Europe. It was pretty cool, but some of the controls were a little annoying and it felt really repetitive about 50-75% of the way through the campaign.

Medieval 2 was fun. I ripped shit up as Germany. Loved the cheesy announcer.

"For the Reich!"

My only complaint is that the AI kinda sucked. One time the Timurids were attacking my fortress in in Constantinople. I only had like a handful of troops stationed there. Just some shitty land units and some archers. Meanwhile the Timurids had this f'n massive force of hundreds of elite units including like 3 or 4 different groups of war elephants. Well...the dumbfucks didn't bring any siege equipment, so they had no way inside my base. They just ran around outside getting picked off by my archers while their elephants went crazy and stampeded all over the place. :lol: I eventually won the battle.

bump your difficulty ;)

if you like japanese culture or whatever, this is fun fun fun

each faction is actually a bit different

Im going to bed

siege is much different now

and the ai is improved

Also a little advice if you want to feel extra badass...

When the enemy is sieging your fortress with catapults/trebuchets/whatever, open up the gates yourself and send out some cavalry units to do quick hit-and-runs. As soon as the enemy starts pursuing, send your troops back inside. Wash. Rinse. Repeat. I won some heroic victories pulling stunts like this. Alexander would've been proud.

mwt2 was an overhauled shogun 1

lol, alright, I understand what you're hinting at. However, what's Shogun 2 offer me that I need to pay $50 for? Naval battles, advanced AI, Japanese setting, pretty graphics? There's nothing in Shogun 2 (that I'm currently aware of) that's so earth-shattering that I can't wait a while for.

round 2

fight

p.s. pride you can use that argument for nearly every computer game ever

RTS, FPS, TBS, flight sims
whatever

That's why the last game I bought was BC2 back in March '10.

I'll let you know when I pick this up so I can stomp your General all around the battlefield. :heart:

im rocking normal mode

fuck you, every other clan
you cant run with warrior monks

thanks cael

just got this someone start a TW clan so we can rock the matchmaking. I win every 1v1 so far. Either Im actually a genius or people are really bad at this game online

Installing it right now. I love the whole total war series and the demo was great. From what I've read on the multiplayer its going to be awesome.

demo runs like total shit on my computer except at Low settings, and maybe that was off-putting but i didnt enjoy it as much as i was hoping i would

I'm at 11 provinces, owning uesigi's area and to the north (stage right of the board)

shits about to go down with tokogawa
gonna kick his shit in
got my fucking elite monks finally, and have a giant fuck off army of nigata and awesome bowmen

they're all dead

Back