DUNE

Dune (2020 film) - Wikipedia)

I watched the 1st movie again. I guess that's all one has to do because the 2020 film is going to be 2 parts of the 1965 book. I didn't know that until I looked at the Wiki. Like the 1st movie didn't happen.

"Dune is an upcoming American epic science fiction film... and it is the first of a planned two-part adaptation of the 1965 novel of the same name by Frank Herbert, which will cover roughly the first half of the book."

So it goes half way through the 1965 book and stops, probably where Paul and Jessica are being flown out to the desert to be worm food. Gotta have that "To Be Continued" moment.

All the characters are in the Wiki. Seems like they're trying for the SJW crap like Star Wars by empowering women, and they flip one to black with Sharon Duncan-Brewster. Here's what Sharon looks like.
Heres why Denis Villeneuves Dune changes the gender of a major character
Didn't go for a complete SJW flip like Star Wars but it looks like they tried. I mean, they could have put Beyonce as Jessica but it's too late for that now. The remake was written and cast years ago before all this SJW crap of today. I'm sure the media is going to complain the movie is not black enough.

"Lady Jessica was given a more expanded role as a soldier as well as being part of the Bene Gesserit, which the studio labeled as a "warrior priestess", comparing to the joking label of "space nun" that Villeneuve felt the book gave across.[25] Dr. Liet Kynes, the ecologist on Arrakis who is male in the novel, was also given to a female lead Sharon Duncan-Brewster to help expand the cast diversity.[25] Villeneuve also wanted to move the Baron Vladimir Harkonnen from being a caricature as he was presented in the novel to a more complex antagonist.[25] "

Dune Trailer Breakdown: The Characters, Planets, And Plot Explained | Movies | Empire

Last edited:
The original movie was a huge disappointment. I had read the novel when I was like 8 or 9, and have always been kinda obsessed with it. I didn't see the movie until I was in my late teens. The first half was awesome, but then they did some montage shit and skipped like a third of the book in five minutes, then rushed the ending. I'm really looking forward to this new film, I always liked the sci fi mini series, and thought the film should have been a trilogy instead of crammed into 2 hours.

It has promise, I read the book when I was about 11 and loved it.

I really don't see a big problem with changing gender of characters. But it does annoy me when they just do it for the sake of diversity and not because they have a specific actor lined up who would really fit the role perfectly.

I watched the David Lynch version as a kid and I’ve read this series more than any other. TBH I’m not hyped. The mini series will probably be better because this looks like it’s more for a younger audience and will stick more to the Lawrence of Arabia archetype.

I just like the fact they will have more time to fit the story in.

I wish they did more miniseries or multi part movies, they always come out better, see: Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, Hustlers-White Hot Nurses

(well, maybe The Hobbit was a bit long, that would have been better as a single film)

Dune (2020 film) - Wikipedia)

I watched the 1st movie again. I guess that's all one has to do because the 2020 film is going to be 2 parts of the 1965 book. I didn't know that until I looked at the Wiki. Like the 1st movie didn't happen.

"Dune is an upcoming American epic science fiction film... and it is the first of a planned two-part adaptation of the 1965 novel of the same name by Frank Herbert, which will cover roughly the first half of the book."

So it goes half way through the 1965 book and stops, probably where Paul and Jessica are being flown out to the desert to be worm food. Gotta have that "To Be Continued" moment.

All the characters are in the Wiki. Seems like they're trying for the SJW crap like Star Wars by empowering women, and they flip one to black with Sharon Duncan-Brewster. Here's what Sharon looks like.
Heres why Denis Villeneuves Dune changes the gender of a major character
Didn't go for a complete SJW flip like Star Wars but it looks like they tried. I mean, they could have put Beyonce as Jessica but it's too late for that now. The remake was written and cast years ago before all this SJW crap of today. I'm sure the media is going to complain the movie is not black enough.

"Lady Jessica was given a more expanded role as a soldier as well as being part of the Bene Gesserit, which the studio labeled as a "warrior priestess", comparing to the joking label of "space nun" that Villeneuve felt the book gave across.[25] Dr. Liet Kynes, the ecologist on Arrakis who is male in the novel, was also given to a female lead Sharon Duncan-Brewster to help expand the cast diversity.[25] Villeneuve also wanted to move the Baron Vladimir Harkonnen from being a caricature as he was presented in the novel to a more complex antagonist.[25] "

Dune Trailer Breakdown: The Characters, Planets, And Plot Explained | Movies | Empire

throughout dune the majority of powerful characters are women, including entire woman only armies. sex differences are a huge sub thread of the narrative.

liet kynes is a nothing character, it's like making heimdall black

I knew culture appropriation was coming, just thought it would be from the blacks. They flipped one character from man to black woman and it's not enough.

Let these complainers make their own movie if they want it to be every one else but whites.

No one cared about a remake of Dune years ago. But now that one has been made, it's already shot, it's done, then all the complainers come out to bitch.

Last edited:
i don't think this is a remake
Go back to the top of this page where I explain. It covers the 1st book from 1965. They will use 2 movies to do this. When I say remake, I mean a remake of the 1984 movie. The new director read the book and decided he could tell the story better. That's why this movie is called Dune. He's basically saying this is how the story is meant to be told. And since there are 2 movies covering the 1965 book, he can do it in more detail. It would be like someone reading the Harry Potter books, and saying they want to make movies or a TV series about it to tell more detail.

The point I'm making, is this story can be remade by an Arabic movie company with all Arabic actors. Same thing for the blacks.

But no, they wait until the trailer is out, then complain about the diversity.

Last edited:
Go back to the top of this page where I explain. It covers the 1st book from 1965. They will use 2 movies to do this. When I say remake, I mean a remake of the 1984 movie. The new director read the book and decided he could tell the story better. That's why this movie is called Dune. He's basically saying this is how the story is meant to be told. And since there are 2 movies covering the 1965 book, he can do it in more detail. It would be like someone reading the Harry Potter books, and saying they want to make movies or a TV series about it to tell more detail.

The point I'm making, is this story can be remade by an Arabic movie company with all Arabic actors. Same thing for the blacks.

But no, they wait until the trailer is out, then complain about the diversity.

i'm just saying that's not really what people mean when they say remake. most people would not say the lord of the rings 2001 is a remake of the lord of the rings 1978. they're just based on the same book.

Back