The Tribalwar League

As long as Kodiak and Janus are kept out of any administrative position in any way with Tribes:Vengeance then TWL ladders should be great to play on, but a TribalWar ladder would still be fun - even if it becomes a secondary "scrim" ladder.

I think Col can do a good job on it if they do it right.. I don't think it would kill TWL anymore then ABC kills FOX. The only way 1 would die if T:V is a failure and there are not enough new teams. If they support some better ladder rules and make stuff more simple and more fun they will do good. There are tons of good potential admins who would do a good job. I think the biggest hurdles is getting prize money like TWL might offer for #1.. at least any prizes.. I think just getting some T:V shirts or some prizes like that but offerening them to a wider array of teams then #1 would work..
Another thing is how the ladder works.. they need some gimmicks and features to attract people.. One could be a tiered ladder system with tournaments with ladder rank determining seeding.. Just some cool tournaments.. maybe have WOFN shoutcast a lot more teams on the ladder then normal.. aka offer a better chance to get shoutcasted..
Maybe appeal more to Arena players and different gametypes by shoutcasting more and actually allowing some prizes like shirts etc..
If they cater to newbie teams and have fun events like ladder/tourney hybrid like sir luscious devised with a tier system so even newb teams can get involved and maybe even shoutcasted it would prolly draw in more players. Also lots of newbies will probably be joining Tribalwar for news and idiot posting so that could attract them in more then TWL.

Choice is good. It keeps leagues on their toes providing what players want. It allows players the option of competing on more than one league or choosing the league that best suits their team's needs.

The concern I have at this point is a scenario that has played out in the past in a similar model. One league, one shoutcasting network using TW as a stepping stone for domination in the Tribes community, attempting to push everyone else out via a TW admin. This community has proven it is independent enough in thought that it refuses to be told where to play and what shoutcasting network to listen to.

addps4cat said:
SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATe

I've been told WOFN leadership is entirely seperate from TW leadership. Maybe that's a goal they aspire to. I hope they truely aspire to it. So far it hasn't rung true. TW admins deleted TsN threads due to WOFN about a week or so ago among several other things.

What happens when TW has it's own league and there's a TWL thread? I hope these issues are clarified before threads are deleted, before TW is exploited by one league.

What about devs posting on the Tribes Talk forum? We all know Devs hold a lot of clout among newcomers and veterans of the community alike. Will they post on the forums of all shoutcasting networks that cover tribes: Vengeance and all the forums of other leagues that support Tribes: Vengeance to be fair to each one?

It's bad for the game to shut out other shoutcasting networks and other leagues. I hope TW Admins are above serving themselves.

Someone once told me that to run TW, you can't want anything out of it. You have to do it for the community.

Very interesting idea. I can recall when OGL started having huge issues with its participants and the mass hysteria on their forums that ensued. I wouldn't want the same thing to happen to TribalWar, and it might not even if a new competitive ladder is created. I feel similarly to many others that have already commented on this in that I do not feel that the community needs another ladder to split the community.

If TWL ultimately fails in Vengeance what's to stop TW from creating its ladder then? I feel it would just create more problems than the community needs. Besides, with the influence that the community already has with TWL I don't forsee any problems amending rules and smoothing out any major concerns that teams have experienced in the past.

What problems would TribalWar's ladder solve that we could not solve in any other way? I'm not entirely convinced that we need this as a community right now

HTS makes a good point. if we have a league/ladder, restricting shoutcasting privleges to just WOFN is a bad move.

i cant decipher anything else she said cause im super duper tired

PsioniX said:
HTS makes a good point. if we have a league/ladder, restricting shoutcasting privleges to just WOFN is a bad move.

i cant decipher anything else she said cause im super duper tired
No ONE. And I mean absolutely NO ONE has said anything about exclusivity. The post she mentions was a post in the TT forum talking about a cast of UT2k4. As with all other off topic posts that go in TT, it was removed.

I won't comment on the rest of her conspiracy theories.

" if we do make a Competition site it would be open to broadcast from any organization, and WOFN wouldn't be limited to just covering it"

u also cant decipher "english", imposter said that in his initial post..

so wait...why is this unstickied now?

Edit:

...and I'm under several NDAs preventing me from sharing everything. Thanks for exploiting this fact and attempting to dismerit my post, Colosus.

Last edited:
Colosus said:
No ONE. And I mean absolutely NO ONE has said anything about exclusivity. The post she mentions was a post in the TT forum talking about a cast of UT2k4. As with all other off topic posts that go in TT, it was removed.

I won't comment on the rest of her conspiracy theories.

Thank you for clarifying why that post was deleted. It sent up a red flag for me when I heard a TsN thread had been deleted. It was deleted before I had a chance to read it, but if what you say is true, that it was off topic, the deletion makes sense.

However, I hope you will not deny that you have participated in WOFN management despite your claims to have no athority whatsoever in WOFN.

And my concerns are valid. Please read my post again. Think back to a time when someone the veterans are familiar with, a former TW Admin, showed favor toward a single league and a single shoutcasting network.

I hope you will be careful and selfless when dealing with the conflicts of interest that may arise from involvement in this site, the WOFN shoutcasting network and your own league....Well, at least you're not trying to control my favorite LAN. I sure hope the Sierra guys to come out to Chantilly this year for a visit during UVALAN to hang out with the dedicated fans who have showed up year after year on the east coast.

It's not just WOFN and TW staff disagreeing, its WOFN, TSN, TWL, TW, and who knows what else. This community is completely inbred.

Back