[BREAKING] Texas Voter ID Law

Again another liberal idiot spoonfed his opinion from the media so he could regurgitate it later.

GOP is not bible thumping, nor racist, nor sexist as a whole. It has been an excellent play by the Dems to label them as such because the weak minded such as yourself gobbles it up for truth.
80% of the US voters are not extreme (GOP or Dems) but the news can only play the extremist view for the ratings and idiots get a polarized view of the world. Quit being a retard.

Spoonfeeding? As far as I can tell the impetus for the voter ID laws so far proposed or enacted came straight from national republican leadership. Was there some sort of grassroots campaign that I missed? If anything, the conservative base was spoon fed this latest attempt at disenfranchisement, disguised as the specter of voter fraud.

The answer is apparently this: "minorities" are too lazy or poor or incompetent to get an ID.

For some people, the money and time required to obtain an ID is overly burdensome. It has little to do with laziness.

the native americans have wanted this country of white men to fall for quite some time. now that the time draws nearer, they support the party that is making it all happen. duh.

i can understand his angst.

but i still say he's a fucking sore loser

I don't think we need Native Americans' help to make this place fall apart.

Can you tell me about some of these burdensome and expensive to obtain identifications?

I simply think you're underestimating how destitute some people are in this country. Clearly, it's not a big deal for us. We should be thankful for that.

So spell it out man, what's the most expensive and burdensome ID they can get? What's the least burdensome one? Obviously you know something about it...... or do you?

For some people, the money and time required to obtain an ID is overly burdensome. It has little to do with laziness.

little to nothing to do with laziness, eh?

money and time required, eh?

come the fuck on...

i can't imagine a life where it would be damn near impossible and extremely burdensome to get an id.

So spell it out man, what's the most expensive and burdensome ID they can get? What's the least burdensome one? Obviously you know something about it...... or do you?

I can tell you that in Maryland it costs $24 to get a new ID card issued to someone over 18. It is free to those >65 or disabled. That doesn't take into account the cost of getting to an MVA location or the opportunity cost of missing work or other engagements.

Maybe a Texan or someone more familiar with the situation will tell us about the cheap and or free methods to obtain ID.

I hope these poor folks who cant afford their free ID will be able to scrape up the IRS penalty if they arent able to navigate the burdensome process for signing up for healthcare :(

tehvul is unemployed and cant afford tx id lmao

Hey stupid here is a lesson in money. Real currency looks like this.

Spoiler

Stop doing drugs you piece of shit. Then when you sober up you will understand the fact I am not poor. So feel free to go fuck yourself. If you make yourself feel better by thinking I am broke then go for it. Cause bitch I'm good sitting on 80 ounces. Ha!. :satan:

Spoiler

Last edited:
I simply think you're underestimating how destitute some people are in this country. Clearly, it's not a big deal for us. We should be thankful for that.

You are correct because there are a lot of folks who have nothing but the clothes on their back. I also agree we should be grateful for not being in such a situation.

However there are all types of organizations all over everywhere whose sole purpose is to provide assistance to those individuals. I was homeless from 2007 to 2011 and experienced first hand the situation many people are in. It is a very difficult existence and when you are in that situation you reflect back to when you had a bathroom to take a shower in. Or something as common as toilet paper. Things we take for granted are what those types dream of.

Many do not want help though. Some actually like being homeless and broke as broke gets. A caseworker at the Glide got me an apartment when I was in San Francisco in 2010. I told her thanks but no thanks. I instead chose to sleep in Beuna Vista Park in the Height. During those years of living on the streets not once did I sleep in a shelter or accept the assistance offered to me by various organizations. So you must understand some folks are dealing with some serious problems and hopefully at some point they figure things out and rejoin civilization.

I find it hilarious that some of you think a different president will change what the military is doing. They all campaign on the same uninformed bullshit lie that what's going on isn't necessary and they will fix it. Once they get in office they get briefed on the current status of the world and shit their pants. Once we leave Iraq and Afghanistan someone else will decide to be total dicks and we will once again be elbow deep in some 3rd world shit hole. It's been happening since the end of the WW2, why would it end now? Pretty sure we've gone through every kind of president imaginable since then with the same results.

You do realize who has been in charge last 6-7 years right or does your logic get paused when your buddies are the ones doing it?

Obama hasn't changed any of those things in the last 7 years

Well at least Obama closed GITMO like he promised.

You've articulated (mostly) my complaints with Obama, as he did make a lot of campaign promises that I liked that he's not made good on. What you're leaving out though is Romney, and especially McCain said from the outset they had no intention of closing Guantanamo Bay, the black prisons in Eastern Europe or affording prisoners Habeas corpus OR treating them as prisoners of war. We haven't done either (which conservatives should actually be delighted with, but they aren't). Romney and McCain wanted those prisoners kept just as they are: no Habeas, no POW status, no nothing. Just infinite detention and torture, which is exactly what they're getting. Conservatives should be tap-dancing about this, but instead they're complaining that Obama didn't make good on his promise. *shakes head*

The reason I'm having buyers remorse with Obama is that he's continuing the status quo with all of this.. and instead of being happy that we're torturing people with no trial, the conservative base is pointing out that Obama didn't make good. Consider for a moment, if he had. Prisoners are afforded POW status and the USA starts abiding by Geneva convention (we haven't), OR we give them Habeas. . can you imagine what an uproar you dorks would be in if he had done either one of those things? Had Obama actually made good on his promise, all of you would be going crazy, and you know it. At this point, he's just continued the Bush policy, and you're unhappy about that, too.

I find it hilarious that some of you think a different president will change what the military is doing. They all campaign on the same uninformed bullshit lie that what's going on isn't necessary and they will fix it. Once they get in office they get briefed on the current status of the world and shit their pants. Once we leave Iraq and Afghanistan someone else will decide to be total dicks and we will once again be elbow deep in some 3rd world shit hole. It's been happening since the end of the WW2, why would it end now? Pretty sure we've gone through every kind of president imaginable since then with the same results.

That's not what we are talking about in this thread, but you bring up a good point.

We now have a political system that is entirely controlled by money. I think this is why nothing changes. People sense the unfairness now pervasive in the system and they drop out of it. I have done the same. The problem is that, as long as we have a political system, not participating only perpetuates the problem.

You've articulated (mostly) my complaints with Obama, as he did make a lot of campaign promises that I liked that he's not made good on. What you're leaving out though is Romney, and especially McCain said from the outset they had no intention of closing Guantanamo Bay, the black prisons in Eastern Europe or affording prisoners Habeas corpus OR treating them as prisoners of war. We haven't done either (which conservatives should actually be delighted with, but they aren't). Romney and McCain wanted those prisoners kept just as they are: no Habeas, no POW status, no nothing. Just infinite detention and torture, which is exactly what they're getting. Conservatives should be tap-dancing about this, but instead they're complaining that Obama didn't make good on his promise. *shakes head*

The reason I'm having buyers remorse with Obama is that he's continuing the status quo with all of this.. and instead of being happy that we're torturing people with no trial, the conservative base is pointing out that Obama didn't make good. Consider for a moment, if he had. Prisoners are afforded POW status and the USA starts abiding by Geneva convention (we haven't), OR we give them Habeas. . can you imagine what an uproar you dorks would be in if he had done either one of those things? Had Obama actually made good on his promise, all of you would be going crazy, and you know it. At this point, he's just continued the Bush policy, and you're unhappy about that, too.

Sigh. Providing foreign terrorists captured overseas with civil rights? You're joking, right? And they are not represented by any state or government as prisoners of war, so the geneva convention doesn't apply. Just which government is going to stand up and claim responsibility for these scumbags (oh, I'm sorry, to you they are freedom fighters), and demand geneva convention protocols?

I'm sorry, but for the brain dead voters like yourself, there isn't an easy answer to your idiotic demands. You think it's a black or white issue, there isn't any shades of gray in life. As Obama soon found out after assuming office, his grandiose promises of closing Gitmo (where I assure you, there is no torture going on, I don't know many torture victims that actually gain weight) and other places like it overseas isn't going to happen as long as we have this war on terror. Well, unless Obama keeps trading them for deserters.

Perhaps the UN can come up with an agreed upon solution to this dilemma. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

i can't imagine a life where it would be damn near impossible and extremely burdensome to get an id.

yes, and that's the problem

the main problem with american society is that for people who are comfortable within it, it's almost impossible for them to imagine it not working, and this makes it really difficult (if not impossible) for them to empathise with those who are marginal

poor aren't poor because the system sucks, they're poor because they're lazy and didn't get a college degree or are just plain dumb

Providing foreign terrorists captured overseas with civil rights? You're joking, right? And they are not represented by any state or government as prisoners of war, so the geneva convention doesn't apply.

do u know how hilarious this sounds coming from the "paragon of human rights" aka the united states

"oh hey here's a loophole so that we can indefinitely detain these individuals and torture them forever and ever and it be technically ok hehe don't fuck with pan-Americanism"

Back