cities:skylines

My biggest complaint so far is that you have to lay down a road first before you can place buildings. I can't place a train station on a rail then put a road next to it. Oh well, seems like something that can be fixed/modded.

yeah that is kind of silly. especially considering how bad intersections can be for traffic. and they require you to make one at the start, right off the highway

i just make a slice of road, delete, then build as usual

i really want to play this game

but i dont want to buy it before it drops down to like $10 on steam this summer

grrr

I'm going to buy an entire region and then make farming towns and small villages first, then I'm the middle start a city. Make it more organic.

It feels better than just a grid city bs. It's what I started doing in sc 4 to have a great time

jew%20york%20city_zpshjjeu92u.png

I'm going to buy an entire region and then make farming towns and small villages first, then I'm the middle start a city. Make it more organic.

It feels better than just a grid city bs. It's what I started doing in sc 4 to have a great time

Thats what i wanted to do, left it too late though. Even my stoner subcities with no schools wouldn't produce people that were willing to work at farms.

Some guy had a good idea to make an organic city.start with the smallest roads only, build on and near hills forest and river first following the path of least resistance

Do that and after a few hours your city looks real

Build out roads only when traffic gets real bad, and as way as and cheap as possible. Like what happens in real life

Some guy had a good idea to make an organic city.start with the smallest roads only, build on and near hills forest and river first following the path of least resistance

Do that and after a few hours your city looks real

That's the natural growth method and it takes a serious amount of dedication. I tried it in a huge SC4 region and it drove me to madness.

the original thread (broken images)
CSGdesign's NATURAL GROWTH
UuSmMIX.jpg

Some autist's YT

Last edited:
yea that is cool. i was tripping on people making exact copys of places like San Fransisco. i think i might try to make my neighborhood.

Back