In this thread you will post your TBC character specs then explain what the spec does

Druids:
My alt is a druid, only reason I play him now is when we are realy short in BWL or AQ40. I can heal well enough, and pretty much lost sight of any damage specs be it balance or feral. But for healing, balance has a few talents that are very desireable for mana control. 33/0/28

It looks like the changed the point values in druid talents, becuase this link has a lot of 3/1 5/2 and weird allocations like that.

i hope you like dying too

how do you figure? BC = OoC traps. conc shot, pet stun, engineer daze/stun/net etc i'll have plenty of options to kite around in PvP. W/ arcane shot doing real damage now kiting with that and letting my pet frenzy on whatever is after me will work just fine thanks.

if it's a caster or some other character w/ fear/stuns/roots/etc i hit my 'i win' button and both me and my pet rage for 18 seconds.

:shrug: may not work as i intend but i intend to find out. if it's not that worth in PvP i'll switch up to probably a 0/41/20 or a 0/20/41 for pure PvP.

i'm going to try the BM spec first though because it seems more challenging to me.

laugh all you want, BM spec got a pretty size able improvement. pets will be nasty if you use them correctly which will prove challenging in PvP for sure but that will be a fun challenge for me instead of just trying to stay 45 yards away using l33t macro's to automate a shot rotation for me.

how do you figure? BC = OoC traps. conc shot, pet stun, engineer daze/stun/net etc i'll have plenty of options to kite around in PvP. W/ arcane shot doing real damage now kiting with that and letting my pet frenzy on whatever is after me will work just fine thanks.

if it's a caster or some other character w/ fear/stuns/roots/etc i hit my 'i win' button and both me and my pet rage for 18 seconds.

:shrug: may not work as i intend but i intend to find out. if it's not that worth in PvP i'll switch up to probably a 0/41/20 or a 0/20/41 for pure PvP.

i'm going to try the BM spec first though because it seems more challenging to me.
it's more challenging because it's bad

it's more challenging because it's bad

No, it's just different. BM hunters now have options and a play style that MM or SV hunters don't have as much of and vice versa.

Please explain why you think BM hunters will suck in BC in either PvP or PvE.

I'd bet good gold you'd make Rogues look like unarmed, autoattacking Paladins on the damage meters.

This is the spec I'll run with: 18/43/0

Um, yeah. Well, we already do when you have a guy that knows how to play DW Fury and has "decent" to "good" gear. On my 60, playing OT - we've got a pretty good MT - I consistently hit #2/#3 on the damage meters. I can't recall the last time I placed behind a Rogue.

I think I'll sleep now and build up my physical batteries so I don't have to sleep for a few weeks once the expansion comes out.

:bigthumb:

Please explain why you think BM hunters will suck in BC in either PvP or PvE.
because you'll do half the damage?

it's pretty obvious to the entire universe except chinese farmers and apparently you.

bm is greatly improved but if you think it's viable for anything other than grinding ur nuts

Depending on:

1) Racial if there is one;
2) DW or 2H.

If you're encrusted with disgustingly high-end gear and weapons I could see where Sword Spec would be preferable in PvE, but for all-around PvP/PvE i don't think anything will ever beat the raw consistency of Axe spec. Sword Spec has big blue-moon hits but nothing says DPS like being practically guaranteed to crit on every fucking hit.

Pagy doesn't explain. He comes in the thread, says "That's ghey ..." and leaves the thread.

:D
well when you see a guy balls deep in another guy's ass and sometimes you don't feel like explaining why you called him gay is really necessary.

BM always output less dps, and with some of these new pets abilities (hello crabs) it still isn't really necessary to rely on your pet's dps.

the new 41 isn't that great either and only really changes the way you aren't completely helpless vs a warlock and priest, but will still lose to either.

for a long time now, it's been best to spec mm or survival through various though common configs. these tbc talents change nothing. BM is better, but so are the other trees. BM is still inferior for the exact same reasons it always has been

Reed what is your mage template? I'm levelling a fire mage right now and thinking about going your same route (I don't see the point of a minimal investment in Arcane just for clearcast).

Pogo and some of the other mages might tell you otherwise, but I've tried 3 different specs all on the same types of mobs, so I can tell you without a doubt what works the best. Arcane is some toys, but clearcasting and presence of mind is overrated. Clearcasts are not predictable, and presence of mind is on such a long cooldown you'll forget about it while leveling. Arcane has some nice pvp burst options, but on matter what you'll be sitting down to drink a lot.

Ice shatter builds are lame. People will tell you ice has the best survivability, which it doesn't but shatter doesn't make up for ice's own lack in damage. So even though the spells don't cost much, you'll be taking so long to kill stuff that you're mana will end up low anyways. The shatter crits just aren't dependable.

Were I to level up another mage, I would go elementalist -- again. Of course I went elemental before the mages had their review, so I never got attached to improved arcane explosions, evocation, or clearcasts. But now that those are all trainable you get them anyways. You can live without improved counterspell just fine.

So here would be my talent build order:
overview: 20 points to shatter, 31 points into fire.

Levels 10-14: Frost Warding 2/2, Elemental Precision 3/3
Levels 15-19: Improved Frost Nova 2/2, Permafrost 3/3
Levels 20-24: Frostbite 3/3, Blizzard 2/3 -or- Coldsnap 1/1 Blizzard 1/3
Levels 25-29: Shatter 5/5

Now is where the fun begins. To kill stuff, pull with a rank 1 frostbolt, then spam it with scorch. When it gets in melee range (probably 2 or 3 scorches) frost nova and back up. Take all the time in the world and cast fireball.

Levels 30-34: Impact 5/5
Levels 35-39: Ignite 5/5
Levels 40-44: Pyroblast 1/1, Burning Soul 2/2, Flame Throwing 2/2

Now use pyroblast after you frost nova. You'll probably kill the enemy. With burning soul you can now probably sneak in another scorch if you think you need to do more damage.

45-49: Improved Scorch 3/3, Incinerate 2/2
50-54: Blastwave 1/1, Critical Mass 3/3, Free point (I put it in master of elements)
55-60: Firepower 5/5, Combustion 1/1

Great for solo and pvp, so so much for instances, but you're usually just a drink vendor that does some AoE from time to time there anyways.

warlock: 7/5/49destruction owns, nuff said

Destruction is always a nice choice.

However, i think of destruction differently than the masses... as pve (thus far). In group pvp i simply dont rely on shadowbolts and do more CC and dots (and those who claim "dots are always dispelled" dont pvp much, imo). I think it's "cool" to hate dark pact and try to burst dps in pvp, but affliction is fuckin ill in group pvp. And i know some folks frown on low proc rate of Nightfall but if you are heavy affiliction pvp type then you arent standing around doing shadowbolts and thus these pops are great.

If i wanted pure pve i'd go with a build like this, but i wouldnt grab searing pain, emberstorm and that stuff.

And if i wanted fire pvp build (which could own at 70)... i dont know why i'd skip Intensity/Pryroclasm which fuckin OWN in pvp. When you can do hellfire without interruption (or rain of fire) and get lots of stuns... it's truly fuckin nuts.

Honestly, i really really really hope we get the means to test new builds somehow... cuz im thinking fire could be insane and finally worth it. :)

Last edited:
Back