In this thread you will post your TBC character specs then explain what the spec does

By all accounts, there really hasn't been alot of good gear with spirit on it in BC yet. The problem is that gear with spirit, spirit is relegated to the 3rd or 4th stat. High spirit gear gets the shaft because they value spirit way too high and nerf your other stats. Not to mention the lack of diversity of gear to make unique spirit builds viable. We'll see another 3 drops of feral gear per raid boss like AQ, but I doubt you'll ever see gear that can take advantage of spiritual guidance and improved DS to up your dps and regen simultaneously.

Also, what does:

This mean?

Did they change your regen formula to spirit/4+13 like everyone else?
i'm not sure if it's /4 or /4.5 i think i've read both, formerly it was /5 +15

anyhow priests and mages had the faster regen, everyone else was /5

http://www.wowwiki.com/Formulas:Spirit

i'm not sure if it's /4 or /4.5 i think i've read both, formerly it was /5 +15

anyhow priests and mages had the faster regen, everyone else was /5

http://www.wowwiki.com/Formulas:Spirit

I'm kind of wondering where they're going with healer mechanics. About the only thing going for priest regen over druids was spirit. Now I'm a little confuddled with 15% more spirit, reflection, and innervate. Even without the innervate, a druid should have more longevity. Don't take that as druid hate, blizzard just confuses the hell out of me on the direction of the priest class.

I'm kind of wondering where they're going with healer mechanics. About the only thing going for priest regen over druids was spirit. Now I'm a little confuddled with 15% more spirit, reflection, and innervate. Even without the innervate, a druid should have more longevity. Don't take that as druid hate, blizzard just confuses the hell out of me on the direction of the priest class.
add to that the difference in spirit on sets/cloth items and it baffles me further

Caught this off of a thread on the alpha:
* tree of life form will be very viable for pve, but it's definitely not there for leveling or grinding. heavy resto grants some benefits other than treeform, but in treeform, one of our druids was able to heal over 1k per tick

He said also it's pretty useless elsewhere. Also said lifebloom is pretty OP at this moment.

From the priest side of things, this could mean some changes in some of my specs:
* All healing talents in BC are multiapplicative and also include +healing effects.
Example:
Renew rank10: base healing 970
With +1000 healing: 1970
Imp renew (15%) : 2265
Spiritual Healing (10%) : 2492

for 1k per tick would mean a lot more +healing and trinket

also some of the wording for the druid talents is perplexing. empowered touch and empowered rejuvenation includes a percentage increase to the "bonus" healing effects.

ex
if a healing touch does base of 2k + 1k +healing from gear does the talent work as 20% of 3k or 20% of 1k

From what I gather from Empowered healing from priests, you would receive 20% of your +healing (or +dmg/heal) gear. So in the case of priests, greater heal gets 106% of +healing gear and flash heal gets 53%. (instead of 43 and 86). I'm guessing since those are both 100% spells already, you will receive 120% from +heal. So basically 20% from the 1k. But your other talents like improved rejuv should add the post +healing value now.

Also if other 'improved xxx' talents stack I could see how it could be possible. You end up with huge modifiers. You'd have to fill in the base numbers, but (Base Rejuv + (spirit*.25+900healing)*1.2)*1.15*1.1*1.2.

From what I gather from Empowered healing from priests, you would receive 20% of your +healing (or +dmg/heal) gear. So in the case of priests, greater heal gets 106% of +healing gear and flash heal gets 53%. (instead of 43 and 86). I'm guessing since those are both 100% spells already, you will receive 120% from +heal. So basically 20% from the 1k. But your other talents like improved rejuv should add the post +healing value now.

Also if other 'improved xxx' talents stack I could see how it could be possible. You end up with huge modifiers. You'd have to fill in the base numbers, but (Base Rejuv + (spirit*.25+900healing)*1.2)*1.15*1.1*1.2.
thats interesting because if some bluebie player wants to take treeform, he has to put 5 pts into a talent that will have 0 effect on them.

good for players in high end gear i guess

You can get decent +healing gear in blues. I don't think it'll be terribly bad. The empowered talents are more or less for getting more scaling from your gear. But I do agree it makes about as much sense as a prereq as mental strength does for power infusion.

You can spec axes if you want, but the thought is that this is based on a constant stream of rage dumping via every means possible. Sword spec isn't for huge dps, it's to chain more hits and more crits and keep the pain train moving.

I mean MS was chosen simply because I find it consistantly yields higher numbers, but the 31st point is up to you, and with say the hakkari set and sword spec and flurry with say lifestealing enchants, or even 1 or 2 crusaders with Bloodthirst, the dps will be fantastic, and it'll just be fucking fun to watch. Your biggest problem will be in dumping the rage fast enough, which is where the HS spam comes, and the aggro jew title.

axe>sword. end of discussion.

Back