In this thread you will post your TBC character specs then explain what the spec does

Beast spec will be fine in the expansion. There's still 10 levels to grind, and there probably won't be a single thing more powerful than beast for leveling. I mean shit, abilities like animal handler are like a tractor upgrade for the farmer.

Were I to go beast spec, I would do a 46/15/0 build. Some things to keep in mind. Improved hunters mark is like giving your pet a trueshot aura. Focused fire and ferocious inspiration (or humanoid slaying, if that's your thing) will give the same benifit as ranged weapon specialization. Serpent swiftness will give a 20% boost to white dps. Compare this to master marksman on a 1000 AP hunter (weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee theory crafting time!).

71 base DPS (rap/14), 86 Beast DPS (base dps * 1.2), 78 marks DPS (1000 * 1.1 / 14). This follows what's been said in beta about beast having a higher listed dps than marks builds (source). Of course that doesn't mean the real dps will be higher, because a great majority of the hunter dps comes from the improved abilities in the marks tree (mainly massive critical hits off multishot). But the point is, beast mastery has ways to compensate for the fact that its damage is weak. Much in the same way survival uses a higher crit rate to compensate for its weakness, beast mastery uses higher white dps instead.

But you must also consider orange damage. The reason you're going into beast in the first place is so your pet can hit harder. We can no longer say pets will be outgeared, since they scale, and no matter what they will always be weaker than an actual player of equal level. But if we use them like we should, a distraction to stay at range we can back them up, and combine our lower damages to create steady dps. Currently my hunter is beast specced. I did it as a joke, but ended up really liking it even though I had gear to support a marks spec. I think of my pet as a steady dot, and as long as I can stay out of range of what ever's going after me, I end up doing damage the entire time. This played well into my node defense, where my objective was never to kill the enemy, but only to keep them from capping.

A fast set of swords when specced MS?

Axe spec > Sword spec BTW >.>

You can spec axes if you want, but the thought is that this is based on a constant stream of rage dumping via every means possible. Sword spec isn't for huge dps, it's to chain more hits and more crits and keep the pain train moving.

I mean MS was chosen simply because I find it consistantly yields higher numbers, but the 31st point is up to you, and with say the hakkari set and sword spec and flurry with say lifestealing enchants, or even 1 or 2 crusaders with Bloodthirst, the dps will be fantastic, and it'll just be fucking fun to watch. Your biggest problem will be in dumping the rage fast enough, which is where the HS spam comes, and the aggro jew title.

You can spec axes if you want, but the thought is that this is based on a constant stream of rage dumping via every means possible. Sword spec isn't for huge dps, it's to chain more hits and more crits and keep the pain train moving.

I mean MS was chosen simply because I find it consistantly yields higher numbers, but the 31st point is up to you, and with say the hakkari set and sword spec and flurry with say lifestealing enchants, or even 1 or 2 crusaders with Bloodthirst, the dps will be fantastic, and it'll just be fucking fun to watch. Your biggest problem will be in dumping the rage fast enough, which is where the HS spam comes, and the aggro jew title.

Warriors for pvp in TBC .... lol

Warriors for pvp in TBC .... lol

Alright, can we keep this kind of crap to the official world of warcraft forums please? At least pagy puts some effort into being condescending jerk, but this one line nonsense like yours and any shit with 'QFT' or 'FTW!!!!!!!!' bullshit is really fucking annoying. I can understand if you're 12........and don't know any better.........than to talk.......like......this, but seriously -- just shut the fuck up if you don't have anything even remotely entertaining to say.

Alright, can we keep this kind of crap to the official world of warcraft forums please? At least pagy puts some effort into being condescending jerk, but this one line nonsense like yours and any shit with 'QFT' or 'FTW!!!!!!!!' bullshit is really fucking annoying. I can understand if you're 12........and don't know any better.........than to talk.......like......this, but seriously -- just shut the fuck up if you don't have anything even remotely entertaining to say.

Please refer to the thread called "The NDA has been lifted" or something along those line.

coylter how viable will 0/31/30 be? I don't really plan on PvPing too much because i'm going to be hitting the 25 mans pretty hard, but will missing out on some of the more advanced arms shit be a bad thing to lose?

coylter how viable will 0/31/30 be? I don't really plan on PvPing too much because i'm going to be hitting the 25 mans pretty hard, but will missing out on some of the more advanced arms shit be a bad thing to lose?

Mostly non-viable in pvp, but pve you would have almost the damage of a regular fury warrior with great tanking talents. If you want to do pve mostly you dont need a single point in arm.

In pvp on the other hand, the only thing left to warriors (since we no longer have any substantial burst) is the healing debuff. If you dont have it you are completly worthless to your group.

Mostly non-viable in pvp, but pve you would have almost the damage of a regular fury warrior with great tanking talents. If you want to do pve mostly you dont need a single point in arm.

In pvp on the other hand, the only thing left to warriors (since we no longer have any substantial burst) is the healing debuff. If you dont have it you are completly worthless to your group.

Yeah, that's basically it, I don't have the time to PvP anyways. I'm mostly going to be doing 25 man stuff where I can guarentee there won't be any room for dedicated fury warriors, everyone will need to tank. And with the changes they are making(HoTs stacking, way more HP) I'm going to need all of the tanking shit I can get my hands on

Yeah, that's basically it, I don't have the time to PvP anyways. I'm mostly going to be doing 25 man stuff where I can guarentee there won't be any room for dedicated fury warriors, everyone will need to tank. And with the changes they are making(HoTs stacking, way more HP) I'm going to need all of the tanking shit I can get my hands on

I dont have time for hardcore pve anymore, i was really hoping to start having some fun just pvping in the xpack. Look like ill have to reroll paladin for that.

Pagy:
No subtlety? For PvP healing 30% resistance to dispel would be good, imo, especially with swiftmend.
No +15% spirit even though you gain 25% of your spirit in +healing?

(the redone talents may have screwed your build)

Hunter:
41/20/0

I think this is what I'm going to go for to start off with, and possibly switch to a MM or Survival Heavy build when I hit 70, more likely Survival because the trap changes coupled with the trap talents in the Survival tree make it look SICK for PvP and PvE crowd control. I could effectively keep 4 mobs CC'd with the cooldown reset, wyvern sting, and freeze traps.

But for leveling, 41 points into Beast is going to be sick. I'll still be able to defend myself pretty well in PvP I think. I might miss Hawk Eye, but I cannot pass up Mortal Shots. My current gear is likely what I'll have going into the expansion, if not slightly better (trying to do the Tier .5 upgrade quests. Just need my Beaststalker Shoulders at the moment,) and it really lends itself well to a Beast spec.

We'll see how it goes. I'm rarely at max range unless I'm in a raid, but it was nice when I snuck up on a mage that was drinking and dropping and aimed shot crit from 41 yards out.

I'm excited about the expansion though.

Last edited:
Pagy:
No subtlety? For PvP healing 30% resistance to dispel would be good, imo, especially with swiftmend.
No +15% spirit even though you gain 25% of your spirit in +healing?

(the redone talents may have screwed your build)
yeah the move of natural shapshifter really messed things up

i've never been a fan of subtlety due to its purely pve implication and with the added 30% resist to dispel isn't really high enough imo. priests will still beat you, and i really don't have too much of an issue with shaman unless they go crit crazy.

also, it depends how lifebloom works, but i assume 3 stacks require 3 dispels, coupled with the fact my targets are rarely purged and i've taken imp rg for a primary heal in pvp i don't think it's worth it.

as for spirit, unless they add spirit to druid gear it's not worth it. it's already a pretty terrible attribute and a multiplied [low] attribute seems redundant. i mean i have 3 dw and like 230ish spirit. the talent is okay but i wouldn't get it untill i at least had the gear to expand it. for my gear it would add up to be about 9-10 more +healing... which at this time isnt worth the extra talent points.

with the spirit regen change (finally) my regen will naturally improve and i'm already happy with it. that said i believe the real debate would be to continue using 3pc stormrage... now it seems to me to be even more vital.

Last edited:
By all accounts, there really hasn't been alot of good gear with spirit on it in BC yet. The problem is that gear with spirit, spirit is relegated to the 3rd or 4th stat. High spirit gear gets the shaft because they value spirit way too high and nerf your other stats. Not to mention the lack of diversity of gear to make unique spirit builds viable. We'll see another 3 drops of feral gear per raid boss like AQ, but I doubt you'll ever see gear that can take advantage of spiritual guidance and improved DS to up your dps and regen simultaneously.

Also, what does:
with the spirit regen change (finally)
This mean?

Did they change your regen formula to spirit/4+13 like everyone else?

Back