Making Gold [Part II]

Bidbroker is pretty cool, but I don't think I'll start using it until I get a week or two of data. There's always some idiot that sells their crap 500% over everyone else that kinda messes with it.

Bidbroker is pretty cool, but I don't think I'll start using it until I get a week or two of data. There's always some idiot that sells their crap 500% over everyone else that kinda messes with it.

We have an idiot like that, he pretty much AHs everything from leather to metal to blues/purples for 999g 99s 99c. There's always one in literally every category and type in the AH form him with that BO. I assume he does this to intentionally mess with the AH Players, since there's really no other reason to put a BO like that in ever single category of goods unless you're retarded.

I haven't had a need to really AH anything and I spent some time tonight looking at stuff and holy crap have prices come down. Every essence is half what it was 3 months ago. Hell most of the grindable stuff is way down and only a few blues epics are up in price.

Using bid broker on enchantrix is nice. I've been able to get some really decent items. But I've also gotten some not so great. Bid broker gave me a 1g margin on some items, but in reality after selling the mats, it was just about even.

i use bidbroker which is the fixed form, rather than percentage based... do you know of a way to autopurchase the results of enchantrix?

http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=2249

1143212602Image5.jpg

I've got mine to auto-purchase various things under certain prices. There's a limit of like 20 profiles you can setup (i bet you could force more tho). This thing oughta be banned, honestly.

ATM im going through and setting up profiles for essences.

Amazingly, all i do is walk up to the AH and hit "scan all" and it does the rest very quickly. It's nuts. Combine with the Filters addon (linked in OP), mail log and you're all set.

BE VERY CAREFUL... this thing is case sensitive and will blow ALL your money instantly if you dont set it up right.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried buying cheap cloth orders to create items to DE? For example: Black Mageweave Headband and Black Mageweave Shoulders take 12 mageweave and 2 thread and have a chance to DE into greater nether essence. Could probably turn a 2g profit on those if you got the essence, break even on the dust.

There's also Runecloth Headband which takes 1 stack of runecloth and 1 runethread, so say average 2g20s, less than 2g if you pay attention to the trade channel. Those have a similar chance to drop GEE's and you'll probably get atleast 2 illusion dust otherwise to break even.

That's pretty much what I do with all the rugged leather I get from skinning. I make wicked leather headbands and you get 1-2 GE's or 1 LBS or 1-2 illusion dust per. On a good day of farming 2-3 hours I can pull down around 100-300g from vendor trash, item drops, denching the headbands I make and selling the enchant mats. In the past two weeks I've made over 1kg and have a 20 slot enchant bag full of Ill dust, GE's and LBS's. That's after buying all my gear for 40-50 for my warrior and buying a full set of 29 druid twink gear and enchanting it with the best enchants and librams =P

I also buy and sell twink gear all the time. 8/8 or 9/9 helms of the monkey for 29 bracket sell for like 10g and I buy them for like 1g all the time. I basically do that with all good twink gear. Lowbie rares and regular epics alike.

Oh and just to mess around I bought about 50 stacks of savory deviat delights for 1g-2g a stack and resold them in sets of 2 at a time for 35sp a pop. Which means I was making 1g50sp-2g50sp profit for each stack I resold like that. I'm down to like 5 stacks now after 4 days =P Easy 50g for doing nothing.

Money is easy to make if you're just remotely patient. I farm while watching TV and take breaks when I feel like it instead of just straight grinding for hours.

By the end of the month I should be sitting on around 3-5k gold easy and won't have to worry about shit while I do my pvp grind on my warrior.

Last edited:
We need to compile key twink shit to look for, although i suppose just scanning for blues in the 16-29 range is just as good of a start.

Green caps, rings and such are prolly the best bet. Ill go through my twinks and post stuff for hunter and druid (i.e. leather).

The tailoring idea was terrible. I missed the part where runecloth headbands need ironweb spider's silk. Jacks up the cost/effort to get those made to the point where it's not profitable. I ended up making runecloth belts and got enough lesser eternals to recoup my costs with about 15% profit.

Also mageweave is just as expensive as runecloth on my server, so the idea of using black mageweave items for greater nether's was scrapped.

Last edited:
I'm a 40 now, on skullcrusher and have only about 6g left after training. I need to make money fast. I'm at 225 alchemy and almost maxed out herbalism. Whats a good way to grind some money? should I focus on herbalism and sell stacks of herbs? should I focus on alchemy and do pots? any good grinding spots for me to use?

thanks in advance <3

btw, alliance druid

I'm a 40 now, on skullcrusher and have only about 6g left after training. I need to make money fast. I'm at 225 alchemy and almost maxed out herbalism. Whats a good way to grind some money? should I focus on herbalism and sell stacks of herbs? should I focus on alchemy and do pots? any good grinding spots for me to use?

thanks in advance <3

btw, alliance druid

Try soloing SM graveyard.

Not sure what class you are, but if you can get beyond the one tricky NPC on the way there, you can prolly frarm on and on and on. Also consider selling fadeleaf and stranglekelp.

I just noticed today, Green Lens of "whatever" items sometimes sell for 4-6G on my server and disenchant into Large Radiant Shards (I think), which are listing at 10+g. 4-6g off a disenchant and re-list seems like a good deal if you can find the green lenses that people put up cheaply.

Two things amaze me about this thread:

1) That so many (including me) have invested the kind of time into this game to have all this stuff figured out, and;
2) That I find myself reading and thinking to myself, "Hmmm ... that sounds like a good idea! I will have to try that ..."

:D

I am pretty lazy, Have my 60 rogue i no longer play bound to SS.

2 runs of SM library fill up 3 16 slot bags.
Send silk/wool/mageweave to be sold along with any promising twink gear (level 28/29 of the eagle/monkey etc), and vendor everything else.

Get about 10g from kills and vedoring stuff + whatever from selling the cloth and greens.

takes about ~55mins for a round trip, so i reset the isntance a few times and grab the fadeleaf from the near the start untill my hearthstone cooldown is up.

Sum up...

Crafting for Essence

Mainly you use your gathering and crafting to make lvl 50+ greens to DE for eternal essences. Rarely you get small brilliant shards and you get a good bit of dust. Leatherworking is probably most profitable of the crafting professions, as their patterns like runic and wicked leather pieces usually only require leather and store-bought thread. And even if you went tribal specalty leather seems to drop way too well for it to be a problem. Blacksmithing would require too many extra things like gems, flux, leather, etc. and even then I don't think there's many good 50+ greens there. Most of it are specalty blues that you could AH for more than shards anyway. Tailoring is in the same boat, except less blues. You need stuff like spider silk and elemental mats like Heart/Cores/Etc. and Elemental materials. So if you're going to do this path you're better off doing leatherworking for ease of and lower cost of mats.

BidPrice/Green DEing

This is probably a little trickier, but not by much. You basically use Enchantrix and BidCaller (or whatever that addon is called, the link for the addon is in here somewhere) and fish the AH for specfic greens to get you the highest chance for getting G.E.E. (which always sell well) Down shot to this tactic is you need a moderate stash of gold to start off and a little bit more time to start making gold back on the enchanting mats. Also the bidding addon has yet to discriminate between "quirky" auctions like putting a 45 green on for 999g. I suspect people do this intentionally in a futile attempt to discourage such AH fishing.

But there's always the gold rule to AH and that is "Don't Flood". If stonescale eels are your thing and you farm/fish them regularly, don't catch 200 or so and throw them all on AH. You'll crush the price and leave you open to suspicions of botting as well as lose money for each stack that's sold.

But if you want to get in on this, the best way is to get Auctioneer and scan the AH completely once a day (perferably the same time every day) for a good 2 weeks. After that, and scanning every 24 hours, you'll have a good stock of data to watch market trends and find reasonable buys. It's not easy money watching AH and scooping up deals, etc. but it usually is less work than running around farming.

But there's always the gold rule to AH and that is "Don't Flood". If stonescale eels are your thing and you farm/fish them regularly, don't catch 200 or so and throw them all on AH. You'll crush the price and leave you open to suspicions of botting as well as lose money for each stack that's sold.

This is a vital point: dont flood

Doing this is not "1337" or a show of force on the market. All it takes is one guy to flood and the price will start tumbling for that week. This is retarded as all it takes is 1 person to post something below your price and you lose all the deposits.

The only time flooding is worthwhile is if you do it to INTENTIONALLY bring scan averages way way UP. In other words, if you post 200 stonescale eels at like 5 times the price to bring prices up, knowing you wont sell any but taking the hit on the deposit in hopes to drag overall BO prices up in the long run.

Spent some time in Western Plaguelands last night. Ended up making about 80g in 2 hours, give or take a few (some things still on AH)

First hour was spent at the Felstone Fields and the fields nearby. From a pure Gold standpoint, this was the more profitable of the two spots I visited. Not much in the way of drops (though there is a chest in the 2nd field's farmhouse), but money drops alone I made about 30g, another 15g in vendor/AH sales.

The second hour I spent in the Weeping Caverns, at the far north-east corner of the zone. A lot less money drops, but plenty of herbs dropped, as well as Living Essences. The big benefit of this spot is that there are a few blues on the loot table for the mobs in this cave, and there are some Thorium nodes. Also the Toxic Horror-esque mobs drop Oozing Bags, which have the potential to drop good $ or even a pet Oozling.

I'm going to keep testing out a few other spots listed in this thread, I'll try to post evaluations afterwards

*Edit* It should be mentioned I saved my Bone Scraps to turn in for AV rep/rewards. However, I know if I was REALLY after making money, Bone Scraps and all the other AV turn-ins tend to sell pretty well. Another thing to keep in mind

Back