Making Gold [Part II]

First Aid books? Hehe, my 40 mount money was strictly sitting in UC, buying the barbaric bracer pattern for like 20s and reselling them on AH for 5g - 6g. Just about the time I got my mount a few others were now doing the same thing.

It's just a testament to how stupid people can be.

I farm Stockades with my 60 Rogue.

Its easy as fuck. 15 minutes to be in and out with tons of greens, some twink blues, wool cloth out the ass and some silk.

I do quite well after a couple runs. Twinks definately makes Stockades a decent spot to farm.

Scan the auction house as much as you can with auctioneer. every now and then it will pay off. one of my filters picked up one of the flask recipies for 10g, it sells for 350g on the ah. Advertised it for 300g over the trade and sold almost immediately. i really don't have much time other then that to run around and farm. :/

exactly what i do, whenever im about to afk for 10 mins i hit scan, come back and reap the rewards :shrug:

:lol: roual, that's a good one

Sad but true. I usually find vendor patterns and put them on AH for more than I paid, usually for ridiculous amounts. It depends on the competition though. On the one side if there's more of that item on AH that may cause people to think it's really common and they'll hold out. Then again if you're the only one people will assume you may be gouging and wait for the price to go down.

I find that "sweet spot" for auctions specific recipes/patterns at any one point in time is 3 - 5. It's enough to look rare, and enough to compare prices for undercutting.

Also there's many ridiculous things people pay stupid money for. One example is Dusky Leggings pattern, thing is blue but the leggings are green. You pay 15g to 20g for a pattern that makes leggings that are usually worth not much more than 1g20s (if that).

I tend to diversify. I sell deadly blunderbusses for Horde quest with materials I usually gather on my way around anyway. I have a druid parked in Ratchet and I occasionally make runs for stranglekelp and blackmouths. A full run up and down usually nets me a full stack of fish and three stacks of kelp. Sometimes I sell them as is, or as stacks of oil and kelp. When I get fire essences I sell cindercloth cloaks on my tailor as well as enchanted mageweave bags, and if I find/get materials for cheap I'll make random assortment of blues like barbaric bracers, gem-studded belts, robes of power, spidersilk boots, etc. Some of those are prime twink items. On my enchanter all greens I get get one pass on AH for 24 hours. If it doesn't sell my enchanter breaks it and I stockpile mats and sell in full stacks of dust, greater essences, and shards. Usually lvl 50+ greens net me eternal essences, and a full stack usually gets 20g to 30g. Also I gather herbs/metal/leather when I can and sell them on AH.

Usually I mail all my goods to a mule as I play, and end of the night I log onto the alt, collect the goods and sales, mail failed sales to enchanters, and put up new sales as well as scan/lightly comb the AH. And if my main has extra gold I will mail it to the mule to save it. It's a simple practice that can effectively keep your pockets lined rather than being broke.

It's not a brutal, cutthroat operation like some business graduate but I have yet to be in extreme need for anything.

Sad but true. I usually find vendor patterns and put them on AH for more than I paid, usually for ridiculous amounts. It depends on the competition though. On the one side if there's more of that item on AH that may cause people to think it's really common and they'll hold out. Then again if you're the only one people will assume you may be gouging and wait for the price to go down.

I find that "sweet spot" for auctions specific recipes/patterns at any one point in time is 3 - 5. It's enough to look rare, and enough to compare prices for undercutting.

Also there's many ridiculous things people pay stupid money for. One example is Dusky Leggings pattern, thing is blue but the leggings are green. You pay 15g to 20g for a pattern that makes leggings that are usually worth not much more than 1g20s (if that).

I tend to diversify. I sell deadly blunderbusses for Horde quest with materials I usually gather on my way around anyway. I have a druid parked in Ratchet and I occasionally make runs for stranglekelp and blackmouths. A full run up and down usually nets me a full stack of fish and three stacks of kelp. Sometimes I sell them as is, or as stacks of oil and kelp. When I get fire essences I sell cindercloth cloaks on my tailor as well as enchanted mageweave bags, and if I find/get materials for cheap I'll make random assortment of blues like barbaric bracers, gem-studded belts, robes of power, spidersilk boots, etc. Some of those are prime twink items. On my enchanter all greens I get get one pass on AH for 24 hours. If it doesn't sell my enchanter breaks it and I stockpile mats and sell in full stacks of dust, greater essences, and shards. Usually lvl 50+ greens net me eternal essences, and a full stack usually gets 20g to 30g. Also I gather herbs/metal/leather when I can and sell them on AH.

Usually I mail all my goods to a mule as I play, and end of the night I log onto the alt, collect the goods and sales, mail failed sales to enchanters, and put up new sales as well as scan/lightly comb the AH. And if my main has extra gold I will mail it to the mule to save it. It's a simple practice that can effectively keep your pockets lined rather than being broke.

It's not a brutal, cutthroat operation like some business graduate but I have yet to be in extreme need for anything.

Yea, ive been out of the AH whoring business for a few months and i'm just getting my groove back now.

http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/itemad...t=0&showall=0&co=i&dep=n&locale=enUS&search=1

That's a useful list if you are into lookin for resale of patterns. Sometime later im gonna update my list of useful AH and $ addons.

Gem-studded Leather Belt (bbay)
Barbaric Bracers (dwm)
Shadowskin Gloves (bbay)
Icy Cloak (uc)

Winterspring also has a lot of things popularly resold. I'm sure if we dig into our notes we'll find lots of other spots.

Last edited:
Fishing essence of airs out of azshara is a real prime way to make cash too. You need to be 300 fishing and have lures, but you can pull 4-8 waters (plus other water stuff) in a half hour if you're efficient.

Silithus farming. Texts are about 1g per, 1.5-2g per stack of runecloth, random greens and blues to be sold/DE'd, and the 1-2g vendor grey items.

Fishing essence of airs out of azshara is a real prime way to make cash too. You need to be 300 fishing and have lures, but you can pull 4-8 waters (plus other water stuff) in a half hour if you're efficient.

Yeah I had about 325 with lures on and I could barely do it, you need at least 350 - 375 ot make it reasonable.

Silithus farming. Texts are about 1g per, 1.5-2g per stack of runecloth, random greens and blues to be sold/DE'd, and the 1-2g vendor grey items.

Silithus is definitely a good farming zone. Personally, when I want to grind some cash I don't want to deal with PvP bullshit so I find myself farming SM. Between cash drops, greens/blues and cotton/silk/mageweave that end up on the AH a Library to GY run generates about 25g a cycle (1.5 hours).

Strat SM

3 well geared mages, a well geared warrior and a priest

Uber fast clears, righteous orbs for all, and lots of blues to dench.

Texts are a given all the time. It's the easiest way to earn CC rep without having to do any work. Maybe you buy the gold, maybe you save up, but people will more readily pay gold for texts and power-rep than farm them themselves.

It should also be noted that if you turn in texts to the hermit you may not get CC rep but for every 10 you turn in the next day he mails you a bag of scrolls, one of which is always a scroll to make a charm that will summon a specific Templar OR Duke instead of a random one.

I'm unsure if it negates the need to use clothes and medallions but the scroll in each bag is random. And I know there are some missions which require a specific Templar/Duke to be slain. The market I have seen is untested (the scrolls are unbound) but if anyone feels like poking around there could be a potentially untapped market there.

woah...

bay of storms island?

where do you do this?

EDIT

Did you mean essence of water? i read that you can fish them out of these elemental water pools you can find around there.

Last edited:
A couple other "angles"...

Investigate disenchantment prices. You never know, the market may have flattened in some areas and you might be able to net profits by just reselling greens in some brackets. For those who dont know, you have enchanters who can break lvl 56-60 stuff into mats and often they will buy ANYTHING within a certain price range.

Also check into blackmouth, stranglekelp, golden pearls. Look for recipes to resell from vendors in Booty Bay, Everlook, Brackenwall village (horde) and UC.

If you have one of those addons that will auto-search/buy anything that fits your parameters, you may also want to suck up cheap fadeleaf and things like kingsblood, elemental fire, charms, wicked claws, black dragonscale, etc. You also can never go wrong scanning for "resist" rings and such.

I'm too busy pvping when i play, but i bet you could sit and make hundreds a day if you really worked at it, especially if you followed the market trends during the week and rode the waves of buying/sellign as thign ebb and flow into the weekend.

1143212602Image5.jpg

MassAuctionBidder http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=2249

Last edited:
Here is a list of mobs/areas which you can farm for gold extremely efficiently!

You can farm the stockades in Stormwind City for easy greens and wool + linen cloth. This is THE BEST dungeon/instance to farm wool cloth because every other kill yields 3-5 pieces of wool and there are about 100 npcs in this instance. A stack of wool can go from 77silver to 2 World Of Warcraft Gold on the AH. You can do the math.

You can farm scarlet monastary chests and locked chests for the chance to get large knapsacks (sells for 1.25-2 world of warcraft gold) or a BLUE item. I roughly get a blue item once every 11th locked chests. If you focus on the graveyard, library, and armory (NOT CATHEDRAL), then you can easily get about 8 locked chests an hour, and about 10 regular chests. Need a rogue to lockpick or take blacksmithing and use Golden Skeleton Keys (requires 150 blacksmith skill).

You can farm furlbogs in southern map of Felwood for 1-3 pieces of mageweave every 3.5th kill. About 40 npcs in the area. Easily can make 100 mageweave an hour and 9 World of warcraft gold an hour off coin drops, for a total of 20-27 World Of Warcraft gold an hour.

You can farm Zul'Farrak outside in Tanaris zone for 2-5 pieces of mageweave every 3rd kill. About 40 npcs spread around that region. Can easily make 5 World Of Warcraft Gold an hour off coin drops and 80 mageweave an hour and sell that on the auction house for 10 World Of Warcraft Gold.

You can farm western plaguelands at the felstone field and field next to it for easy 25 world of warcraft gold an hour, traveller backpacks that sell from 15-27 world of warcraft gold an hour, and 1-3 pieces of runecloth every 5th kill. You can easily make a total of 60-120 gold an hour if you grind fast and it is not camped (which usually it isn't). Both farmsteads have about 60 npcs or 80npcs. Plenty for everyone.

Farm the center of thelsamar. There is an island full of troggs that are level 13-15 called stone splinters that drop 1-3 cloth every 3rd kill. Drops a green every 10th kill.

Farm the south of thelsamar to kill level 9-11 troggs that drop 1-3 cloth every 5th kill. Drops a green every 10th kill.

Can farm Whelplings on the east side of badlands in lelthor ravine. They drop "Dark Whelpling" which can sell for 35-200gold on the auction house. They make great companions and gold generation.

You can farm ShadowFangKeep south of The Supulcher south of the Undercity. They also drop the Horde equivalent of 3-5 wool cloth per kill and 3-5 linen cloth. There are about 300 npcs here. You can make about 5 World Of Warcraft Gold an hour off coin drops and another 20 World Of Warcraft Gold off greens and Wool Cloth sales on AH.

Can grind ragefire caverns in Orgrimmar (horde only or suicidal alliance) for 3-5 linen cloth 80% of the time off humanoids, and massive amounts of low level greens. Some greens sell on the ah for 1-2 World Of Warcraft Gold each to twinks. A green drops roughly every 7th kill.

You can farm normal rock elementals in the south, middle edge of The Badlands zone (nestled in a small valley). They drop a lot of grey loot that vendors for 50silver to 1.5 World Of Warcraft Gold and drop it every other kill. They also drop ELEMENTAL EARTH which sells on the ah for 1-3 World Of Warcraft Gold A PIECE. Average drop of the earths is 1 out of 17.

Can kill level 53-54 toxic horrors in felwood on the middle top area of the map, west of the alliance flight path for essence of waters every 18th kill. These essences of water sell for 7-20 world of warcraft gold each.

Can kill level 55-58 undead in eastern plaguelands for essence of water that drop every 33rd kill. While this isn't a good ratio, there are hundreds of these. Concentrate on the middle of the map where you can find Plague Monstrosity, Plague Ravager, Blighted Surge, Discordant Surge, and Blighted Horrors. These essences of water sell for 7-20 world of warcraft gold each.

Can farm Living blaze level 54-55 for Essence of fire every 50th kill in Un'Goro crater. Level 53-54 Scorching Elementals in Un'Goro crater for Essence of fire every 20th kill. Sell the essence of fire for 7-20 world of warcraft gold on the auction house, each.

Can kill entropic Beasts in the middle part of felwood for essence of fire every 100th kill. Not great but if you want an uncamped spot... Sell the essence of fire for 7-20 world of warcraft gold on the auction house, each.

Can kill Dust Stormers in Silithus for essence of airs on the entire top side of the map that drop every 70th kill. Can kill Whirling Invaders that spawn from the event for essence of airs that drop every 20th kill. Can kill level 58 Cyclone Warriors for essence of airs that drop every 30th kill in the middle to bottom part of silithus. Sell these essence of airs for 15-30 world of warcraft gold each due to higher rarity.

You can farm elemental slaves on the west side of Alterac mountains (horde only) for the chance to get elemental earths (1 out of 15 kills). Goes for 1-3 World Of Warcraft Gold a piece on Auction House.

Can farm elemental exiles on the southwest area of Arathi Highlands for elemental earths. Same 1-3 World Of Warcraft Gold per earth on AH.

Can farm Dabryie's farm in Arathi Highlands (horde only) for 30 npcs of 2-6 silver each on 3-5 minute spawn timers. Often times not camped. Easily can generate 1-5 World Of Warcraft Gold an hour, more if you are an AOE class.

Can farm Go'Shek farm in Arathi Highlands (alliance only) for 30-40 npcs of 2-6 silver each on 3-5 minute spawn timers. Often times not camped. Easily can generate 1-5 World Of Warcraft Gold an hour, more if you are an AOE class.

You can area of effect the scarlet monastery graveyard (in Tristfall glades northeast corner of map) for a good 2silver - 6 silver per kill. An aoe class can easily farm and reset the instance for a good 30-60 World Of Warcraft Gold an hour.

You can farm warpwoods and deadwoods (funny, walking tree treant guys) for 2-10 silver, rare herb drops that sell for 1-5 World Of Warcraft Gold EACH, major healing potions (sells for 1-1.5 World Of Warcraft Gold each on my server), and Living Essences (sells for 8-14 World Of Warcraft Gold EACH on AH!). The warpwoods are located on the north side of Felwood zone near the alliance flight path person. The deadwoods are located just southwest of where the warpwoods are. I made an easy 40-80 World Of Warcraft Gold an hour depending on AH prices with my 60 PALADIN. If you have any other faster dps class, you can EASILY get DOUBLE the World Of Warcraft Gold per hour I got (I should've rolled a different class.... *cries*).

You can farm twilight hammer elites in Searing Gorge. They are located JUST WEST of the alliance/horde flightpoints. You can easily get 3-5 mageweave cloth per drop and about 2silver-16 silver per kill, with 9/10 silver being the most common drop of coin. Easily can make 10 World Of Warcraft Gold per hour off coin drops and 5-20 World Of Warcraft Gold per hour off the green and mageweave drops.

You can farm The Stockades elites located in Stormwind City for decent low level silvers and 3-5 wool cloth per drop on kill. A stack of 20 wool sells for 1-1.15 World Of Warcraft Gold on my server.

You can farm Dustwallow Marsh dragonkin elites (forgot name) on the south side of the map. They are actually Onyxia's guards but they are low level 41-43 gold elites. They drop a nice 3silver - 12silver on kill and can be skinned for medium and heavy leather(not sure on heavy but it might happen i think, i know medium is confirmed). They also drop the occasional 3-5 mageweave cloth. Easily can earn at least 30 World Of Warcraft Gold an hour.

You can farm Alterac Mountain ruins Ogre elites for easy, quick cash (located in middle of the map). THey are level 37-40. They drop a moderate amount of greens and once every 110th kill a blue item will drop, potions every 15th kill, and about 3-10 silver each kill. Don't forget to go inside the unbroken buildings because a named Ogre Elite resides in each one. Watch out for mel'gore the miser wandering patrol. I easily earned 40 World Of Warcraft Gold an hour.

Then there is the ultimate, the Wetlands zone. On the east side of the map leading to and near Grim Batol are level 58-60 dragonkin elites. Some of these guys drop up to FORTY-FIVE (45!!!) silver on kill! My paladin dps sucks too much to make this worth while but any dps class will love this place. It's also virtually uncamped. Just watch out for the named elite dragons that roam but they are *very* easy to avoid since they're so big, walk so slow, and you can pull your mobs away from his patrol path and not get agro. This area can potentially make you 45-80 World Of Warcraft Gold an hour.

Then there's the classic Hearthglen (north side, middle, of western plaguelands) elites of 55-57. They drop up to 33 silver but they hit my 4000armor plate for 150-200 damage and have about 7000 hp. It's also somewhat camped but generally is less camped than most other high end elites - you can easily find a spot of elites and safely solo if you pull correctly.

There's also Tyr's Hand located in the southeast corner of EASTERN plaguelands. These are 53-54 elites but hit for 220 on my 4000 armor plate. They also drop up to about 30 silver and rare items but it's often camped a lot.

Making money with dis-enchanting.

I tought I should share this with you since the ppl in the guild are starting to buy mounts and are needing more money on overall.
I havent seen a guide for this earlier and I would like to share with my fellow guildies^^ I have made over 600 gold with this tactic!

Step one The addons

You will need the following addons:
Auctioneer
Enchantrix
Mailcollector

Personally I recommend downloading the Auctioneer pack (which includes the enchantrix too) from http://auctioneeraddon.com/. Its easy to install and good to use.

Step two The alternative character (mole)

Make an alt, anykind of alt will do. I chose an undead priest for the benefit of our guild. Run your new born alt in to a city and learn enchanting. If your not going to lvl him up I guess that this works on lvl 1 too, but I tought it would be nicer to have an actual character that I could play from time to time, so I played with him normally till he was lvl 13.

Step three The scanning

Once you are in the city start scanning the auction house with the auctioneer addon. This usually takes about 10 to 15 minutes. After that load up the enchantrix addon (mine is setup to load everytime when I log in on castillo) and write

Code:
/enchantrix percentless 50
to the chat box. This should make a list of the items currently on ah worth disenchanting.

Step four The investing

Start making Buyouts on the items on the list. When I was doing this full time I usually bought every item that had the percentless value over 50%. If you dont have enough money for this I suggest you learn a profession like fishing to get you a few golds to start up with^^

Step five The postal service

Go to the mail box and collect all your newly bought items. I usually ended up with over 40 mails in my mail box so an addon like the Mailcollector was quite handy^^ So after collectíng all the mail in the box you should start disenchanting em. This usually fills your bags up pretty quickly so I would advise to buy atleast 2 enchanting material bags. Once youre disenchanted all of the items its time to head back to the AH again or if you want to lvl up your enchanting use the mats you created to lvl it up^^

Step six The marketing

Now you should check the prices on auction house of the materials that you just received. You can do it manually or just use the auctioneers post auction feature, it does a nice job. One important note is that you should never try to undercut too much because if you do that the markets are going to drop an soon there wont be any profit in this... If somebody is selling their material at a low price maybe you should buy their stock too and put em up for a higher price? There is profit in that too but its not really the idea of this guide:p

I say it once again! DO NOT undercut too much on the prices!

Step seven The wealth!

Now just log out from your money alt and log on to you main and enjoy the great game. After awhile your auctions should start selling and you should be collecting the fruits of your labor really soon. Just repeat the step 3 to 7 and your on your way to riches and glory^^

Some hints
I usually did this before I started playing and before I quited playing, at some point I had more than 500 auctions going in the AH. So the more you do it, the more mnoney it will bring in.

Have alot of bags for the stuff your disenchanting and for the materials you will receive.

For some astrological reason, the stacks of one tend to sell better than stacks of 20, keep that in mind if you start wondering why your auctions dont sell.

F.A.Q.

Quote:
How much gold did you spend buying all those items from AH?

Alot:p but they always paid me back with more so I could expand and expand to the point I had over 400 auctions going on all the time:D
But if you dont have much money to start with, I recommend getting profession like fishing and fish oily blackmouths till you got about 5g, that should give you a better start.

Quote:
Can I use this guide to lvl up my enchanting?

Sure. Just stop at the step six and use the materials you created for enchanting. Its still about half cheaper than just buying all the stuff you need from AH.

Quote:
On buying (step 4). Is it better to buy the expensive (blues) or the cheaper items? Is there a quantity vs. quality issue?

Well basicly the items with most profit are listed at the top of the list, be it blue or green, but I have rarely disenchanted blue items cause they usually dont meet my 50% profit rule.. people tend to price blue ones higher cause they are blue:p Maybe if you use command /percentless 30 instead of /percentless 50 more higher lvl items will show up^^ This is uselfull if you need to lvl up you enchanting above skill 200.

Back