Anyone else picking up Total war Shogun 2?

Normal, but uesigi is a "hard" faction to start

honestly i thought i was fucking dead about 10 years in. I had 2 heroic victories while defending castles that i played which turned the tide, plus Hojo pissed off 7 people and got destroyed which saved my ass lol

now 20 years in, and I'm about to march ''east' (south)

next game i'll ramp to hard difficulty
i played medium because new game, didnt know all the whatevers

but ya
woo

Normal, but uesigi is a "hard" faction to start

honestly i thought i was fucking dead about 10 years in. I had 2 heroic victories while defending castles that i played which turned the tide, plus Hojo pissed off 7 people and got destroyed which saved my ass lol

now 20 years in, and I'm about to march ''east' (south)

next game i'll ramp to hard difficulty
i played medium because new game, didnt know all the whatevers

but ya
woo

ha, you should try playin Uesigi an Hard. Iv failed 5 campaigns with them so far. And that damn little island to the north of your first settlement is fuckin impossible to capture. Lost 3 damnyos in 5 rounds on it.

And a little advice to everyone else, spend more money on bowman in the beginning of the game, fuck ashagari, they're worthless. Cant wait till I can get some sams and cav.

what's the difference on hard mode? Less money, more unrest?
"smarter" ai on the campaign map?
I think the battle mode is the same

Pretty much just the Ai being more aggressive, they make annoying ass moves like I would make. Shit pisses me off.

Its awesome.

fags

I almost died my last game since i thought I could make warrior monks just with a sweet fucking temple

but i needed the associated dojos to
:<

so i had no good units for a while :lol:

Picked this up and started a co-op campaign with a pal...most definitely the best TW since Rome, and possibly better IMO.

Great game...lot of fat trimmed but a lot of depth added in other places. And I'm a sucker for the art style.

I've mostly been playing a Star Wars game and this game lately and it's making me desperately wish Creative Assembly would hook up with LucasArts and make a Star Wars: Total War game kind of like the old Rebellion game, only make it good.

Last edited:
fags

I almost died my last game since i thought I could make warrior monks just with a sweet fucking temple

but i needed the associated dojos to
:<

so i had no good units for a while :lol:

I found out that it doesn't matter how many archers you have when they have like twice as much infantry those motherfuckers still get over your walls. :(

Campaign I am running now with the Master Builder guys is going OK, I had a close call where two armies allied and tried to team up on me but I managed to hold them both off and destroy their armies with a small force from my second city.

Nice
i almost picked hojo, glad i didnt. I like how it deals with castle spam by tying it to food
i dunno man, 8 warrior monk bowmen vs a shit ton of bad guys (and a few soldiers to man the walls against invaders) = a bunch of dead bad guys

peasant bowmen suck, but there's something to them warrior monks :>

The game is awesome.

Definitely giving Rome total war a run for it's money right now...

I've played a few multi player games and gotta say it's very fun indeed. I like the Avatar development in multi player and the campaign drop ins is a fantastic idea.

The only thing I am now waiting for is for DX11 (available in a few weeks via patch) - this will give access to shader 5, AA (without using external programs, etc)

The game will look truly awesome.

Very impressed so far and I would recommend to anyone. I can imagine the 4v4 battles being very entertaining.

oda on very hard is ridiculous, can't imagine that shit on legendary... the realm divide stuff is crazy too makes the game hard as hell

god i know i was kicking ass, then the entire south of japan from kyoto down declared on me

chobosake sent a boat to my northern shores where Date starts and took some shit out, but he's contained now. Got 4 huge armies bearing down on the rest of japan. A slow advance
got 25 years to take it all over

I want to buy it, but can't really justify it right now (too much homework, exams, and I've already got other games that need beating). By the time I do it'll be nice and patched up, though. Demo's pretty fun.

i havent hit any issues need patchin yet

maybe balance stuff but nothing i've noticed
i just wish it were a little longer
my boys dont have time to grow up and murder people!

Back