Marweas still hasnt told us about getting fired

I'd read the 300 page story as well. I would send you money or something for a print version.

thanks again for answering questions and sharing some of this info, as a tribes fan, it has been greatly appreciated.

Here it is really simple.

What will make a successful Tribes game?

Client login to prevent theft.
Identical T1 Physics, gameplay, open ended modability and inventory assets.
T2s visual style and inventory selection system.
Limited vehicles that are a cross between the fun-ness of T2 vehicles, and the more utilitarian aspect of T1 vehicles (to keep noobs happy)

There's your perfect Tribes game in a nutshell, Tribes with better graphics.

hehe - I assure you, it's anything but simple. :)

Brontez said:
Here it is really simple.

What will make a successful Tribes game?

Client login to prevent theft.
Identical T1 Physics, gameplay, open ended modability and inventory assets.
T2s visual style and inventory selection system.
Limited vehicles that are a cross between the fun-ness of T2 vehicles, and the more utilitarian aspect of T1 vehicles (to keep noobs happy)

There's your perfect Tribes game in a nutshell, Tribes with better graphics.

Too much T2 content Dennis will be offended

GG have said that they were contacted by Sierra to make a Tribes sequel, but turned it down because they wanted to focus on their engine tech.

perhaps this was after tribes:vengeance, which would seem crazy to me, but who knows.

I did approach them at one point early on to see if they would be interested in the project and was told they were a small shop and wanted to focus on engine technology.

The first PC game I ever played when I got an EGA card was a Dynamix game

it was called Deathtrack

and it fucking owned

true story... and if any of you old dynamix people had a hand in that... I would be fucking amazed.

Holy shit, was that the one with the caltrops and mines and mini-nuke you could launch ahead? I remember that game! That was classic! Never knew Dynamix made that.

It's great to see the whole dev crew (albeit without KP) here. Much :heart: and respect to everyone, including Dave.

And props to the Rayn, Yogi, Colosus, and the rest of the hard-working TW crew for giving us a community worth visiting so many years later. :cheers:

It's great to see the whole dev crew (albeit without KP) here. Much :heart: and respect to everyone, including Dave.

And props to the Rayn, Yogi, Colosus, and the rest of the hard-working TW crew for giving us a community worth visiting so many years later. :cheers:

Like mofo said, time for some beers and hugs.

I think we need another UVAlan, with a lot of dynamix/IG/GG (the new crew) coming and lots of beer and fist fights

Back