Marweas still hasnt told us about getting fired

just so i can say i was here...

T1 was great
T2 became fun (after b++, then classic .. thanks ZOD and Zodd)
as for T:V
it looked nice :p
but what was the point of the single player game for T:V? the story was okay, but wasnt really 'EPIC' . That is to say, why spend so much time on what was lil more then a very long drawn out training mission? If the single player had elements not found in the MP part; like RPG elements, or space vehicle battles, or giant monsters (or MECHs). Then i'd have understoond why they did it. But as is, it offered nothing for people not fans of t1/t2 compared to other single player FPS coming out around or soon after it.
And it seems that if VUG really didnt care about the game ... then the MP game would have been way less expensive to make and ship. IDK

Kelster, what happened to your images of the SUAV? I googled a bit and found some archived thread with references in it to pics.

i wish GG would release Legions and give it (or give the community the means to) support. that's all

give tribes 1 more chance :D

I remember that bike (3 wheeler) they were going to have in T2. All the vehicles in T2 (When it was announced) had wheels. I wonder why they took the wheels off and made them hover craft, save the Jericho?

I remember that bike (3 wheeler) they were going to have in T2. All the vehicles in T2 (When it was announced) had wheels. I wonder why they took the wheels off and made them hover craft, save the Jericho?

You get one guess.

P.S. Awesome thread.

I think the series just needs a good game to die on. Tribes 1 is simply far too out-dated to have anyone but former players think more than shit about it. Tribes 2 would be great if it weren't for the CD key issue, making it so NO new players can try out the game. You can tell your friends all about how awesome it is, get them interested, but oh wait, they can't play it because there are no more keys. If you try to get them to play T1, they'll be like "wow, this game is too old, they should make a new one with updated graphics". As for T:V... no.
I don't want Tribes to give it another shot; I want a game I can tell people "hey this is this best game you will ever play for the rest of your entire life" and have them actually be able to play online a bit and compare to their other favorite games. At best, maybe have it on the shelf in random computer stores for $5 so people who are just browsing can be like "hey, a $5 game, it looks pretty neat, may as well see what the fuck it is". At average, have it free to DL and spammed on every gaming site. I don't know why that didn't work for T1, but it didn't work for T2 solely because of the CD keys.
Then again, no one is going to put any work into making "a game for the series to die on", so fuck. I hate everyone. >:|

It would be cool to know why the darkstar engine was canned. Was it just unable to be graphically improved or were there other factors as well?

Uh, have you driven an MPB lately?

The question is why did they even bother leaving the wheels on IT.

Hovering vehicles equal an extra 50k sales over ordinary rolling vehicles. Probably was to avoid some technical problem knowing the development of the game heh.

Back