T:V Purchases

What are your thoughts on Tribes: Vengeance?

• Bought the game and like it.

Votes: 839 44.8%
  • Bought the game and DON'T like it.

Votes: 152 8.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 149 8.0%
  • Haven't bought, but plan on it.

Votes: 436 23.3%
  • Haven't bought, DON'T plan on it.

Votes: 297 15.9%

• Total voters
Plasmatic said:
WHERE'S THE DANG MODDING TOOLS!

My satisfaction would be a lot greater if they didn't release with no dedicated server, and working tools.

Look at it this way.

They gave you the game early, and shipped the tools on time. How many f__king games have EVER shipped early?

Bought the game. Liek the game alot.

It ain't Tribes 1 - thank God
It ain't Tribes 2 - Thank God

Thanks for delivering a NEW game. It took a little adjusting to get used to the new appearance, but I knew that was gonna happen with the Unreal engine. Kind of expected that. New physics took a bit as well, but that was expected with the engine as well.

One thing I do realize, that i think alot of others either dislike or don't see, is the leveling of the playing field to make competition alot more fierce. Players can come into the game after playing the SP and not be as obvious of a new plaeyrs as in the previous titles. They can come in and become competant players in a shorter period of time.

That being said, vets and those who work at it, will become superior players. I am seeing signs of it already and it has not a single person whose complained that the game is too easy in these forums. I've seen some "T:V is too easy" posts by players I saw get owned by an unfamiliar player name. Guess they thought they shouldn't get owned up on so quickly lol.

All in all, it doesn't have the overall depth of play that T2 made available, but a good chunck of what T2 had was determined as useless, lame, or stupid....so I could see why you took it out. It also doesn;t have the huge expansive maps that t2 had either, but I also see alot of wasted space in the released maps....hopefull custom map makers will make full use of this space and provide the open battlegrounds Tribes is known for.

Overall, it's a great game by itself. The SP mission defintiely was Tribes. The online gameplay though, that will be up to the community.

Good job on it though, made a helluva game here!

just one thing - GET THE "MAKE A TEAM" FUNCTION WORKING! LOL!

vawlk said:
T2 had technical problems, such as sound issues, UE's etc. T:V has gameplay issues, they won't be patched out.

If you have to quit one game to enjoy then next, then the next isn't that good now is it?

I quit playing T2 6 months ago, yet T:V still doesn't interest me for more than 15-20 minutes. I keep trying, but just can't get in to it.

This game doesnt have any gameplay issues. This game is just too hard for people to understand. I keep saying it but ill say it again. Even a vet has a hard time adapting to t:v. People keep talking about losing jet energy and yet you can go mach 5 on every map if you know what the hell you are doing. The game has no depth? Are you guys joking? There is so much crap to learn. Grapple, bomber, pod, LD, HO, capping, Rover, tank, routes, HOF, ect... the list just goes on and on (compare this list to a simple shooter games) Sometimes i swear it feels like im playing a different game than some of these people posting. The game is great but the marketing sucks the big fat black one.

props to the programming team and artists. A big D- for the design team. Dear lord you guys may have ruined the tribes name with this game. I want this game to be fun, but I just can't get into it. Too many gameplay flaws and lack of features.

yes, the game has cool things in it. But nothing really that new from Tribes 2. I would say it even has LESS. And that's why T:V is subpar. It's not "hard", just boring kind of.

Lordviper said:
T:V is very fun, but it just seems to be missing the dept that T2 had.

What do you mean by depth? What was so good about T2 that t:V doesnt have? Speed and movement go along with T:V not T2.

Ocean 1 said:
u ever think they are getting something that YOU arent?

I have played all of the tribes series. I played them very well too. So, I think i know a lil bit about the game. Once demos will be leaked, people will go "OH....."

angrycoder said:
yes, the game has cool things in it. But nothing really that new from Tribes 2. I would say it even has LESS. And that's why T:V is subpar. It's not "hard", just boring kind of.

T:V is nothing like T2. You move way better in T:V. T2 had dominating vehicles like the shrike. T:V has the pod. I would consider the pod to be like a dodge neon and the shrike would be like a Porsche. I could pulverize the enemy team by myself in just the shrike. I cannot do that with anything in T:V.

T2's flag moved when u disked it. T:V it doesnt not. (thank god)

T:V packs are great. Repair pack, energy pack, shield pack, ect. are all great new ideas. T2 didnt have this innovation.

The grapple in itself is a great idea. T2 had the shocklance but it had the elf gun.

T:V is a faster paced game than T2.

I mean the list just goes on and on. I dont see what T:V copied from T2. If you mean one has vehicles, jetpacks, and weapons like the other, then you are right.

Last edited:
slut said:
This game doesnt have any gameplay issues. This game is just too hard for people to understand. I keep saying it but ill say it again. Even a vet has a hard time adapting to t:v. People keep talking about losing jet energy and yet you can go mach 5 on every map if you know what the hell you are doing. The game has no depth? Are you guys joking? There is so much crap to learn. Grapple, bomber, pod, LD, HO, capping, Rover, tank, routes, HOF, ect... the list just goes on and on (compare this list to a simple shooter games) Sometimes i swear it feels like im playing a different game than some of these people posting. The game is great but the marketing sucks the big fat black one.

I would agree, but what the people should be saying is "I am just not addicted to this game" or "CTF is getting old". Both of these are valid statements. The game is NEW, but the gameplay is old....its kind of like watching the newer StarWars movies. They are new, but why aren't they as good? Using the old formula and just replacing the weapons with new ones isn't enough to produce the same effect.

That is why I definitely look forward to mods that make the game more addicting and "different".

Aragorn7 said:
I would agree, but what the people should be saying is "I am just not addicted to this game" or "CTF is getting old". Both of these are valid statements. The game is NEW, but the gameplay is old....its kind of like watching the newer StarWars movies. They are new, but why aren't they as good? Using the old formula and just replacing the weapons with new ones isn't enough to produce the same effect.

That is why I definitely look forward to mods that make the game more addicting and "different".

If this were true, ALL those ww2 games would not be popular as eff. They are close to the same game with different graphics. Tell me why CoD was so popular? Because nobody made a game like that? ha

Bought it. Love it. Will be active in the competition, but perhaps not as active as I was in the T1 golden days.

:bandit:

slut said:
If this were true, ALL those ww2 games would not be popular as eff. They are close to the same game with different graphics. Tell me why CoD was so popular? Because nobody made a game like that? ha

IMO, I don't find those games fun at all. The only one that was remotely interesting was BF1942.

People like those games, because they are point and click FPS's with vehicles. Its simple human nature to like those games if you are a casual gamer because its so easy to pick up.

Back