T:V Purchases

What are your thoughts on Tribes: Vengeance?

• Bought the game and like it.

Votes: 839 44.8%
  • Bought the game and DON'T like it.

Votes: 152 8.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 149 8.0%
  • Haven't bought, but plan on it.

Votes: 436 23.3%
  • Haven't bought, DON'T plan on it.

Votes: 297 15.9%

• Total voters
I like it but a lot of the bases are terribly designed. A heavy can shoot in mortars from half a mile away and to make it worse, that is the only place you spawn so when you spaw, you are killed instantly. I thought the T2 base maps were bad and I am starting to think that a lot about many of these maps. I hope the community can fix this problem just as they did with T2.

man, im installing the demo again. near 800 players on the mp demo right now, opposed to 300 on the retail version according to gamespy's stats.

i bought the retail the day it came out. i'm having enough fun with it to consider dropping $700 or so to update my computer so that the game is actually playable (i get about 10-15fps right now). i'm not sure if i have time to play competively, but i think if a team picked me up i would probably make time (playing as "hush" now).

i will always have a weak spot for this game. it's the only game that has ever been addicting enough for me to allow it to change my life in anyway (basically killing any life i had in high school).

Last edited:
Been playing T:V scrimms and matches (8vs8) almost every day except friday's and saturdays ever since the Open Beta started, and it dont see any gameplay problems. Stalemates with fc going fast with grappler can be annoying on Cavern, but its a challenge not a gameplay problem. Winterlake however has some issues, and doesnt fit for comp too well imo.

So far the Beta/Demo MP has been blast for me, more than T1 or T2. Playing same four maps is boring tho, but retail will fix that.

oh my lord I misclicked. I wanted to be undecided. sigh.

I don't like how they went back to clunkyville, the demo felt more like the old t1 and I loved it. The release felt like the gamespy demo.

Ontrose said:
Bigot? No, just tired of reading all the yavor whining in every forum until he is banned.

His logic has precisely nothing to do with his nation (Poland) of origin. You seem to think his nationality matters. I do think that's bigotry.

I see that you consider disagreement with you as grounds for banning while apparently you dont consider linking mental activity and national origin with bigotry. Interesting.

These forums are not the place for bigotry. I personally object even if the admins dont.

WHERE'S THE DANG MODDING TOOLS!

My satisfaction would be a lot greater if they didn't release with no dedicated server, and working tools.

I'm somewhat impressed, but for the most part I'm not a big fan of T:V. It lacks the overall appeal that the previous titles had, so there's not much that a map or mod can do for it.

JimBodkins said:
I see that you consider disagreement with you as grounds for banning while apparently you dont consider linking mental activity and national origin with bigotry. Interesting.

Not disagreement with me, but the trolling hes been doing months now, he only moved here after he got himself banned in euro forums for same reasons.

And about my comment, he was asking for it after he started stating his own beliefs as facts. If you find it offensive (i don't), go read GD.

T:V r0x0rs my s0x <3 there are a few things that arn't to great but all games have something that isn't "just right". Ive been haveing a great time playing the game, and I am intrested to see some compitition.

Haven't bought, but plan on it. We'll see how the next few weeks/mos go though. I don't care how great SP is, if MP has but 200 ebl33t servers full of spitting llamas I'm not buying it.

haven't bought it and undecided if I will.. Untill it is at a reasonable price and the server/player population increases drastically, i'll be looking into other upcoming releases (wow, cs:source).

I will support this game to the very end because I know that mods will be around to support it. However, I think without the mods, this game wouldn't survive for very long.

Digging the game over all so far. There are some issues that I would like to see addressed but by and large I'm happy with T:V. I would really, really, REALLY like to see a better interface for the game as a whole. Server selection, inventory loadouts and voting. Inventory loadouts are ok but can be improved upon. Sever selection screen, filters, buddy list etc could use some finesing. Voting system = f'ing HORRID.

Last but not least ... I WANT A FRIGGIN FLAG HUD PLEASE. I can't stand NOT having one. Its driving me nuts. :(

DEX said:
oh my lord I misclicked. I wanted to be undecided. sigh.

I don't like how they went back to clunkyville, the demo felt more like the old t1 and I loved it. The release felt like the gamespy demo.
There were no gameplay tweaks from demo -> retail; unless you mean the beta.

edit: nm, read your name as DOX for some reason.. :p

Theres all these people wishing for Shrikes or wishing for classic weapons and physics. If they just let it go and played T:V for what it is, they'd find the game a lot more fun. Thats what I've done. T2 was uninstalled to make room on the HD but I dont know if I have the heart to uninstall T1.

Back