What amount of family money do you consider middle class

100k/yr household income for middle class

1m/yr household income for upper class

10b/yr household income (<100m on paper) for entry level elite

I'd say 40-80k household depending on area, with a few outliers into the 100k territory for certain cities.

100k/yr household income for middle class

1m/yr household income for upper class

10b/yr household income (<100m on paper) for entry level elite

uhm 250k/yr is considered wealthy which is what i would consider upper middle class. 1m/yr seems a little too high i would think like 500k+

and honestly at 500k you can pay off shit soo fast that it tends to stack extremely fast unless you just have a spending problem. Buize makes less than that and he literally has 0 debt and multiple houses.

uhm 250k/yr is considered wealthy which is what i would consider upper middle class. 1m/yr seems a little too high i would think like 500k+

and honestly at 500k you can pay off shit soo fast that it tends to stack extremely fast unless you just have a spending problem. Buize makes less than that and he literally has 0 debt and multiple houses.

he also inherited like 6 million dollars on top of that. i'm sure it helps.

For individual (not household) income, I consider <$100k/yr lower middle class and $100-500k/yr upper middle class. $250k/yr is definitely not wealthy but I can understand how folks below that income level might think otherwise.

it also plays alot into the area you are currently living. With the housing market being like what it is 500k/yr is where i would start. 10 years ago 250k was easily considered wealthy but i think it was 250k /after tax.

60k if single, 100k if married; up to
300k if single, 500k if married

but class isn't just about income. most secondary school teachers here make less than 60k and i would consider teachers by definition middle class.

i think it's more like if you get paid hourly, you're working class. if you get a salary, you're middle class. if your primary source of income is property/investment, that's upper class. small business owners are probably their own class entirely, since they make money off profit but it might not be that much.

When the average house costs a million bucks you need to be well north of 200K to be comfortable

(only if u have kids as well that is)

I'm sure SF is pretty cheap compared to this place. House we live in is worth over a million even after the property market took a massive shit. In 2008 it would have been 2 million. We make well over $500k combined and can barely afford the salaries of our maid/driver/gardener/pool guy.

Back