Autumn Logo

Oh and in case it's not coming across clearly over the interweb b/c you know interweb problems I was 0% serious and 0% really care I am just 100% bored.

Yes, and there is no place on the internet that is offended by racism than TW.

Hmm.

I'll throw you an intelligent response just to see what happens: when you say whatever people are stupid or ignorant, don't you think that ignorance begets racism? I do, in the same way I think mental illness is a precursor to serial killers.

TW beats the drums of statistical racial inequality, squirms in computer chairs at the thought of a race-war, throws the n-word around like water, has called me a bead-counter, blanket rider, prairie-nigger but when I say that trailer park trash are. .well, trash, I'm called a racist. I never said what race dominates trailer parks that make up the shanty-town slums all over the American south. I just said the residents there are ignorant, and in a few cases, stupid, and in a very few cases (but still higher than the national average) inbred.

tldr: Ignorance is a precursor to racism. Thoughts?

You claimed this was genuine, but I believe I'm being baited. That's fine, though; I'll respond.

I do believe that racism stems from ignorance (and/or stupidity). However, just as not all fruits are apples, not all ignorant people are racist. A -> B does not apply.

You are trying to act innocent, but you have specifically mentioned white people in your hate posts. It's true that you haven't explicitly mentioned them every time, but is it necessary when it's clear to whom you're referring? The reason you get more shit from it than others is because you try to take the moral high ground at every opportunity and complain, vehemently, about the [other] racists that plague this site, yet you spew stereotypical and racist garbage, as well. In short, no one likes a hypocrite. Not even racists.

I think that was the first post of Vanster's I have ever actually read in full other than his race reports (btw enjoy those thx). Man Vanster you seem rather bitter and angry if I saw you irl I'd give you a hug.

Interesting side note when I moved in for college everyone called me White Trash because I'm from a tiny town in the middle of nowhere and well white i suppose. My roommate's girlfriend even bought me a christmas present that was a black hoodie with the words white trash embroidered on it.

Well that wasn't very nice. For someone that doesn't read my posts you were quick to ask my phone number and call me for advice when things weren't going so great.

Look, I've never had a problem with you, and always liked you. At the very first LAN when Rat and Beat and another guy that I can't remember passed the hat around to give you some new comp hardware, I put in $10. I'm a 10-year contributor, and haven't always been as polemic as I am now.

The problem with TW, that I see, is that it's one of the last sites to allow complete anonymity. When you have racists that can't talk to their family, can't talk at work, can't talk in public, where do you think they will go? Of course It's going to be places where they can't be identified, like here. Whether you agree or not, white supremacists dominate this place and there won't be new registrants to learn about "gaming news" because of the reputation this place has.

TW is not about gaming news, it's about the political mission of the 20 or 30 people that generate 95% of the posts.

When you were in Jackson a few years back you texted me and asked me if I wanted to meet up, and I couldn't because of work and apologized, but now I'm some kind of pariah?

When TW first started, it really was about gaming; we had [IE] demos, we had the first discussions of the chaingun and ping, we had lots of threads about strategy, and even threads about computing. Now we have threads about the coming race war, and how great Trump is. I think that if you make posters accountable, we'll gain residents fast, for lots of different games, and platforms, and maybe the fitness thread could even be revived. Leave it as it is, and the 30 racists that drive this place will auger it into the ground.

:rofl:

Holy shit.

Sad thing is you really believe this.

I think that was the first post of Vanster's I have ever actually read in full other than his race reports (btw enjoy those thx). Man Vanster you seem rather bitter and angry if I saw you irl I'd give you a hug.

Interesting side note when I moved in for college everyone called me White Trash because I'm from a tiny town in the middle of nowhere and well white i suppose. My roommate's girlfriend even bought me a christmas present that was a black hoodie with the words white trash embroidered on it.

welcome 2 my sig

Don't take it personally, Vanster, I am just tired of RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST (not just on TW, RACISM has lost all meaning now that we've started expanding its definition)
and people who bitch about this place but really don't help anything.

The problem with TW, that I see, is that it's one of the last sites to allow complete anonymity.
First off, its not one of the last sites by far, you're crazy. Second, there is no such thing as complete anonymity on the Internet.

I mean do you really think that? We're the only place that doesn't put everyone's real name on their posts or some shit? That will never happen on the Internet, and it's disgusting to me that anyone would suggest we start "censorship by shaming". How often have I heard the left going after people's jobs, but anti-fa wears masks..

Frankly I think it's healthy and necessary for counter cultures to arise in response to other cultures going to an extreme. The things we are now doing to address "racism" or "institutional racism" or "subconcious racism" (the fuck?) are not completely logical or sane. It's natural for a backlash to occur. This is basically how Donald Trump got elected. Stop being virtue signalling assholes.

The number of forums, online games, and online communities with no names attached that are completely anonymous... the members are in the millions. Jesus look at shit like Reddit and 4Chan.

Thoughts?

If I may be serious for a moment...

For years, I thought you were one of the most clearheaded posters on the forum. You were, from what I could see, almost universally respected because you didn't engage in most of the low level, petty insults and rookie level trolling that goes on. You provided original content and interesting, well-thought perspectives on the wide range of topics that used to be (and, although with a lot less frequency, still are) brought up in Tribalwar GD.

While there have always been many of us who fuck around, experimenting with different characters, playing with parody, doing amateur comedy, attempting to formulate an art of trolling, etc., it was always nice to have straight shooters who stayed out of the shit. Until very recently, to me, you were one of those straight shooters.

I'm mostly here for laughs, and I've tried for a long time not to worry about being taken seriously on the internet. I don't think my being serious really brings anything to the table. However, you really seemed to occupy a respected role, and people valued your input as well as any +rep you might have given -- I'd bet that if rep were weighted by user popularity, +rep from you would have probably been worth quite a lot more than +rep from most others.

I hope that you're just working out an angle that I don't really appreciate or understand. It really saddens me to see you turning into another one of us Tribalwar cartoons.

As the years pass by, everyone knows everyone here. The sane ones (the majority, tbh) don't post that much.. It's called having a life and all? But they do reply on trendy threads. Then you have the resident cucks, cucking around in their own insanity. Look at TW's Facebook page and see what I mean

Posters/7D: Captain Tele (738); SuperTrap (265); amRam (169); havax (133); cael (125); Edofnor (96); Fool (95); ArakAtak (84); JoMo (79);

What do people in their 30s and 40s talk about? Fucken politics. I'm 27 and don't have any time to play video games, vanster.

But perhaps when midair comes out free to play you'll see more threads about gaming... Because these nerds won't resist playing it at work ;) at least for a couple months, like we did with tribe assend

Last edited:
-
hdr_left.jpg

RIP TW logo

You claimed this was genuine, but I believe I'm being baited. That's fine, though; I'll respond.

I do believe that racism stems from ignorance (and/or stupidity). However, just as not all fruits are apples, not all ignorant people are racist. A -> B does not apply.

You are trying to act innocent, but you have specifically mentioned white people in your hate posts. It's true that you haven't explicitly mentioned them every time, but is it necessary when it's clear to whom you're referring? The reason you get more shit from it than others is because you try to take the moral high ground at every opportunity and complain, vehemently, about the [other] racists that plague this site, yet you spew stereotypical and racist garbage, as well. In short, no one likes a hypocrite. Not even racists.

I really don't like people, of any race. I've always preferred animals to people, and at 52, that's magnified. I don't think I've ever been (or felt) racist against white people, but I really do have a strong aversion to rednecks, niggers, and vatos. I don't like res-centric natives either. They're all cut from the same cloth and have a lot in common: they aren't educated, and hate people that are. They distrust the government, even though it's of the people by the people, and for the people. They're terrified of anyone that is homosexual, anyone that comes from a different place, or is a different political identity as them.

Universally, they love and hate technology. They love powerful vehicles and powerful guns, and they love to intimidate other people and animals with them. They rely on phones, computers and the internet to communicate, and have zero idea how any of it works. They distrust science because they have never really understood science or math themselves.

If it doesn't affect them, it doesn't exist: if they don't have forest fires or hurricanes they generally are distrustful of the scientists that tell us climate change is the biggest challenge in nature we face now. If they hear of a child starving in Yemen, they'll first question whether or not Yemen even exists (because they've likely never strayed from the trailer park, res, or the hood. If someone shows them evidence that Yemen does exist, and the civil war there is resulting in starving children, their response is "well box up your last sandwich and send it." They are incurious and stupid people.

They love symbols over philosophy: A blue or red handkerchief in the back pocket, an American flag, or whatever flag. They claim to know history yet demonstrate little knowledge. Speaking of knowledge, they are distrustful of anyone that's learned things. They take great pride in being "street smart."
When anyone of any race tells me they are street smart, all I hear is "I'm not genuine-smart, but I'm pretend-smart."

There is a terrible prejudice in America, and it has targeted learning. It's cool to be stupid now. It's really cool to "not have time for any of that," or just have a philosophy of "keeping it real." Well yeah. Real dumb.

So there you go, and you weren't baited. You're one of 20 people left in this shithole that warrant getting a genuine reply.

I really don't like people, of any race... I don't think I've ever been (or felt) racist against white people, but I really do have a strong aversion to rednecks (white trash), niggers (black thug trash), and vatos (mexican thug trash).

hey, i feel the same way, but i'm a fucking nazi white supremacist for it, apparently.

I mean do you really think that? We're the only place that doesn't put everyone's real name on their posts or some shit?

No I don't believe TW is the only place that does it. What I do believe is that of the places that keep anonymity, racists congregate there.

Cmon Anthony, think of this place 12 years ago. Bohica, Special, Logroller, WarWitch, Aestis, and Stone were all active, all posting about gaming and politics, and IT and everything else.

The smart people are gone now, and it's not because they aren't playing games. Nat, Aes, Chu, me, even Cyanide still plays games. None post here anymore, except me, and the reason is this place isn't gaming anymore. It's a haven and harbor for racists that don't want their work or family to know.

No I don't believe TW is the only place that does it. What I do believe is that of the places that keep anonymity, racists congregate there.

Cmon Anthony, think of this place 12 years ago. Bohica, Special, Logroller, WarWitch, Aestis, and Stone were all active, all posting about gaming and politics, and IT and everything else.

The smart people are gone now, and it's not because they aren't playing games. Nat, Aes, Chu, me, even Cyanide still plays games. None post here anymore, except me, and the reason is this place isn't gaming anymore. It's a haven and harbor for racists that don't want their work or family to know.

stop living in the past

embrace your inner racist

or your outer racist, apparently

Back