G1 is better than the iPhone

Alvarez

Veteran XX
I never thought I would say this because I have fallen in love with the iPhone. However, the iPhone gets horrible signal in my music store so I was switching to my old WinMo phone while at work. A guy over craigslist traded me for my Wing and $20 for his G1. I wasn't crazy with it at first but found some threads about how you could "root" it and get everything going.

Once the phone was "rooted" it now has multi-touch just like the iPhone, it already had the accellerometer and all that shit so it senses being tilted etc... (it turns sideways!)

iPhone still doesn't have a working full bluetooth stack so bluetooth audio isn't working on the iPhone but now is active on the G1 after being rooted. 3GP camera, A real keyboard or softkb if you tap the text area. Just as fast as the iPhone if not faster software-wise, and a little faster over the internet than the iPhone.

This isn't an iPhone bashing thread, because I love the iPhone and still use it as an ipod, but more an information thread for people out there with G1's or looking for alternatives to the iPhone for whatever reason.

really your argument is

"a jailbroken g1 is superior to a jailbroken iphone"

maybe that's because the g1 business model doesn't rely heavily upon the purchasing of applications to customize your experience, and thus there are less controls on what can be done to modify and customize the g1?

just saying, tony bromo

Love my G1, best phone I've ever had. Might have gone with the iPhone but I hate on-screen keyboard.

There's the "Android Market" for the G1. 90% of the applications are free, and you can find a program to do just about anything you'd want. Also, they're all open source, meaning you can make your own if you really want. So what the fuck are you talking about? :huh:

really your argument is

"a jailbroken g1 is superior to a jailbroken iphone"

maybe that's because the g1 business model doesn't rely heavily upon the purchasing of applications to customize your experience, and thus there are less controls on what can be done to modify and customize the g1?

just saying, tony bromo

I thought about that before I posted the thread but most times when people are defending the iPhone they always point out things that are available from Cydia and if the iPhone is jailbroken so most arguments involving the iPhone are already using a jailbroken phone.

A good example is when I was ragging on the iPhone for it being a mp3 phone and its pathetic it doesn't have streaming bluetooth audio to my headset when I run cardio... everyone was posting about how bluesnow and yellowsnow was working on it and at first they were arguing it was already working but it in fact is not yet... there is a hack where you can call your voicemail and get it to play thru your headset mono but it still comes out of the main speakers and plus its mono. :(

Plus you out to see the market... its more extensive than the iphone market and you can activate non signature apps and try out apps people have made themselves.

Last edited:
I thought about that before I posted the thread but most times when people are defending the iPhone they always point out things that are available from Cydia and if the iPhone is jailbroken so most arguments involving the iPhone are already using a jailbroken phone.

A good example is when I was ragging on the iPhone for it being a mp3 phone and its pathetic it doesn't have streaming bluetooth audio to my headset when I run cardio... everyone was posting about how bluesnow and yellowsnow was working on it and at first they were arguing it was already working but it in fact is not yet... there is a hack where you can call your voicemail and get it to play thru your headset mono but it still comes out of the main speakers and plus its mono. :(

Plus you out to see the market... its more extensive than the iphone market and you can activate non signature apps and try out apps people have made themselves.

i own an iphone and am fairly happy with it, but there's nothing in either one of your posts i would argue with

i just thought it was worth refining your argument before the iphone apologists come running in here

If you haven't seen it already, this MAY be what Android 2.0 (Donut) looks like. Others are saying its just HTC doing to Android what they've done so well to WinMo (TouchFlo3D)

Cool Cool Bromosexual.

like I said I love the iPhone, but I can't believe that they are getting by without streaming headphone audio. I don't see how anyone could apologist that lol

i'm interested in the new Android phones due out this year. if the slider model I've seen rumored on engadget becomes reality I might have to switch over. I love that design.

well, one could argue that they're finally resolving it with the uber update that lurks somewhere on the horizon to keep people like ender and el smack panting and wet

admittedly im pretty keen on the features they're adding, but they're mostly stuff that should have been on the motherfucking phone to begin with

base_media

Sony bluetooth adaptor works great with my stereo bluetooth helmet. It should hold me over until 3.0 is released.

Also t-mobile 3g is almost non-existent in most markets including CT so your argument is moot.

I had the G1 for two days then returned it... can't compete with my E71. Plus data is one of the most important things to me, which is what eventually prompted me to leave T-Mobile.

From TmoNews Blog Archive More 3G, More 3G!!
Hot on the heels of this mornings 3G news comes in via a trusted tipster who sent us a very believable looking list showing off 3G launch dates for the rest of the year. Unfortunately its broken down by quarter but we expect as the days count down, actual release dates will leak as well. Nobody wants to read any more from me, so here we go with the list, Q3 and Q4 will follow after the jump:
Q2:
Mesa, AZ
Peoria, AZ
Scottsdale, AZ
Tucson, AZ
Colorado Springs, CO
Pueblo, CO
Daytona Beach, FL
Des Moines, ID
Rockford, IL
Springfield, IL
Shreveport, LA
Springfield, MA
Portland, ME
Manchester, NH
Henderson, NV
Columbus, OH
Eugene, OR
Salem, OR
Beaumont, TX
Brownsville, TX
Bryan, TX
College Station, TX
Corpus Christi, TX
Laredo, TX,
Lubbock, TX
McAllen, TX
Wichita Falls, TX
Q3:
Montgomery, AL
Little Rock, AR
Bakersfield, CA
Corona, CA
Escondido, CA
Fairfield, CA
Fontana, CA
Fresno, CA
Oxnard, CA
Merced, CA
Moreno Valley, CA
Oceanside, CA
Redding, CA
Riverside, CA
San Bernardino, CA
San Buenaventura (Ventura), CA
Salinas, CA
Santa Rosa, CA
Simi Valley, CA
Fort Collins, CO
Bridgeport, CT
Hartford, CT
New Haven, CT
Stamford, CT
Waterbury, CT

Cape Coral, FL
Albany, GA
Athens-Clarke County, GA
Augusta-Richmond County, GA
Columbus City, GA
Peoria, IL
Bloomington, IN
Evansville, IN
Fort Wayne, IN
Lafayette, IN
Indianapolis, IN
South Bend, IN
Topeka, KS
Wichita, KS
Ann Arbor, MI
Lansing, MI
St. Louis, MO
Rochester, MN
St. Cloud, MN
Omaha, NE
Cary, NC
Charlotte, NC
Durham, NC
Greensboro, NC
Raleigh, NC
Winston-Salem, NC
Albuquerque, NM
Buffalo, NY
Rochester, NY
Syracuse, NY
Akron, OH
Cincinnati, OH
Cleveland, OH
Dayton, OH
Toledo, OH
Medford, OR
Allentown, PA
Lancaster, PA
Charleston, SC
Columbia, SC
Knoxville, TN
Nashville, TN
Abilene, TX
Amarillo, TX
El Paso, TX
Lake Charles, TX
Longview TX
Tyler, TX
Provo, UT
Salt Lake City, UT
West Valley City, UT
Chesapeake, VA
Hampton, VA
Norfolk, VA
Portsmouth, VA
Richmond, VA
Virginia Beach, VA
Spokane, WA
Tacoma, WA
Milwaukee, WI
Q4:
Palmdale, CA
Lancaster, CA
Santa Clarita, CA
Thousand Oaks, CA
Honolulu, HA
Lexington, KY
Louisville, KY
Grand Rapids, MI
Fayetteville, NC
Greenville, NC
Wilmington, NC
Springfield, OH
Oklahoma City, OK
Erie, PA
Reading, PA
Pittsburgh, PA
Vineland, PA
Victoria, TX
Waco, TX
Clarksville, TN
Bellingham, WA

base_media

Sony bluetooth adaptor works great with my stereo bluetooth helmet. It should hold me over until 3.0 is released.

Also t-mobile 3g is almost non-existent in most markets including CT so your argument is moot.

That was not my main argument and like I said I wasn't putting it down (however as mentioned I am frustrated over the bluetooth issue)... imo its retarded to buy an adapter especially for something that already has bluetooth already the developers just don't want to include it. 2ndly how does 3g only being in certain areas make the 3GP camera moot, having a real kb or soft kb moot, having bluetooth audio internal moot, and matching it in every other area moot?

Last edited:
:lol:

G1 is a horrible phone.

1) Stereo btooth, are you 12? Besides iPhone 3.0 will have it.
2) the new iphone is suppose to have better ram/better proc and better camera. It'll be able to do MMS and copy/paste.

I am sorry, to compare the G1 and iPhone spec to spec isn't a fair comparison. A cell phone is everything. OS/UI/Cell Phone/ etc.

G1 doesn't compare at all. Appstore anyone?

Back