GOD FUCKING DAMNIT OIL IS $98/BARREL

really? Hmmm

my prof said in 2003 that by 2008 barrels would be over 100.

Guess the old man was right. :lol:

haha thats like $9000000 canadian

holy fuck it sucks fo those guys

We actually pay more at the pump for it and we have a large supply of it up here. It's stupid because we send it down to the US to get it refined and then it comes back up and is sold for more than it is in the US.

That's because Canada is a wild, untamed land and its oil must be civilized and refined in the United States.

I'd fuck your professor so fast to get gas to be the same price as it was in 2003.

cheapest I ever remember seeing gas was right after the first gulf war. What was that, like 1992ish? It was 99 cents/gal in the San Fran bay area, probably substantially less than that around the country.

So... I take it none of you saw this year best documentary?

510LT2vvhFL._SS500_.jpg

^ DVD cover

Official website:
A Crude Awakening / The Oil Crash

More info:
CrudeAwakening.org

P.S. If you taught last year An Inconvenient Truth documentary was hard on your view of the future.... Crude Awakening makes it look like a fucking teletubbies episode. No joke.

I remember it going to 1.10 here in Orlando and having my parents flip out about how expensive it had become. That was roughly around 1994ish.

Oh... It will hit 150$/barrel within 5 years max IMHO. Mark this post for future reference.

And in 15-20 years... only 1% of the North American population will be able to afford to drive a car and/or take an airplane.

you guys are idiots.

If it gets higher, it will hit a threshold which means it will be economically viable to start extraction oil from Oil Shale, of which america has 4 trillion barrels of oil.
Canada just recently started getting oil from its oil sands in the west. I think it's 100 billion barrels. They have the 2nd largest reserves. Saudi Arabia is about to post some stuff and claim they now have 300 billion barrels of oil.

Oil will get expensive, but we wont run out for another 40-50 years probably. Unless we find a way to get at the Oil Shale that doesnt fuck over the environment, then we'll have oil a bit longer.

I'm more afraid of sea level rises for 39 inches in the next century tbh.

Back