Zimbabwe Elephants Poisoned...no outrage...

ZooL

Veteran XX
Zimbabwe Elephants Poisoned...no outrage...

Front Page Article

In this photo taken on Thursday, Oct. 1, 2015, an elephant crosses the road in Hwange National Park, about 700 kilometres south west of Harare. Fourteen elephants were poisoned by cyanide in Zimbabwe in three separate incidents, two years after poachers killed more than 200 elephants by poisoning, Zimbabwes National Parks and Wildlife Management Authority said Tuesday, Oct.

They weren't killed by a white dentist hunter so no coverage...no outrage

enhanced-mid-2562-1444182465-11.png

Cause the dentist is a "civilized" person. These animals have been poisoned by savages.

I'm not saying it is right, I'm just pointing out why it doesn't get proper attention.

What were the elephants' names? Without names they are just statistics. Therefore, no outrage.

I'm disgusted by this. But because I can't literally ruin the perpetrator's life through a campaign of social media hacktivism from the comfort of my office chair in between rounds of congratulatory back-patting and feelings of smug satisfaction I'm just going to make this post to let everyone know that I still totally care and think this is a major issue that needs our immediate attention. I mean, right? #SocialJustice

Back