WTF Norton Security??? Installed itself???

Yetskii

Contributor
Veteran XX
Fucking virus. Out of nowhere, sitting here reading local newsite, fucking Norton Security popped up out of no fucking where. It shows as installed on PC. Since when are they assuming I want their shit. I have been only person to use my pc in long time.

Assholes

3705196162_a6a8b2c771.jpg

funny... in had Mcafree install itself and started to pop up and was asking me to do scans... i never installed it myself... ii quickly uninstalled taht shit.

Yep, GF ended up with McAfree loaded when she didn't want it. Honest oversight. I took care of that. I am getting more pissed off by the moment at the bundling of software in installers. You have to parse everything and every step to make sure you don't get opted in to 500 other programs and toolbars.

Yep, GF ended up with McAfree loaded when she didn't want it. Honest oversight. I took care of that. I am getting more pissed off by the moment at the bundling of software in installers. You have to parse everything and every step to make sure you don't get opted in to 500 other programs and toolbars.

Gotta make money somehow. :\

:baby: Waah, I have to read what's on my screen and maybe press a button or two!

It's not pushing a button or two, it's that the GFs pick standard install, and it goes and adds all the crap. That means the hind sight lesson is to always pick Custom install and only do the required things.

It's not pushing a button or two, it's that the GFs pick standard install, and it goes and adds all the crap. That means the hind sight lesson is to always pick Custom install and only do the required things.
Tell the GF to stop being computer illiterate?

Back