[world cup] Dear stupid fucking ESPN

SpicyMcHaggis

Veteran X
Motherfucking asshole sports networks...

ESPN said:
HEY YOU KNOW THAT GAME YOU'RE RECORDING ON OUR OTHER CHANNEL? YEAH CUZ YOU'RE OBVIOUSLY WATCHING THIS ONE RIGHT NOW, LET US RUIN IT FOR YOU BY SAYING BLAHBLAH SCORED AN AMAZING HEADER AND BLAHBLAH GOT A RED CARD HAHA AND FUCK YOU FOR THINKING WE WOULDN'T RUIN IT FOR YOU MUAHAAHAHAHA"

Christ, do people even watch live TV any more? Even the fucking sponsors recognize this with their damn "DADDY WE WON!" advertisements

Is it really that hard to realize everyone DVRs this, and be like "yo, so we know you're taping our other game. We're gonna update you/talk about it so put us on mute until a little green dot comes up inthe upper corner if you don't want spoilers."

:soapbox:

You're upset about scoring updates? why aren't you upset about fifa scheduling the games at the same time?

You're upset about scoring updates? why aren't you upset about fifa scheduling the games at the same time?

I used to wonder why FIFA did that, but there's a good reason to it. FIFA schedules the last 2 games of each group together during the group stage on purpose. It can be illustrated why with USA's current group situation. If a team knew their exact destiny, they might be incentivized to play overly defensively or slack off.

I used to wonder why FIFA did that, but there's a good reason to it. FIFA schedules the last 2 games of each group together during the group stage on purpose. It can be illustrated why with USA's current group situation. If a team knew their exact destiny, they might be incentivized to play overly defensively or slack off.

taping a sporting event is done at your own peril

i mean all the nfl games are on at the same time and they update all the scores constantly, cut in, etc.

Anyone else not give a fuck about soccer but annoyed at having to listen to all the world cup bullshit 24-7 when you just want watch some real news? Just wondering ...

I like the soccer but ESPN commentary is lackluster at best. I put on Univision since they're usually anywhere from 10 secs to 1min ahead of ESPN broadcast/stream. Anything else, I get on twitter and follow some sports news outlets (eurosport and bbc5 for starters.)

Back