Wisconsin Labor Rally Pictures

was watching interview with christie - in new jersey cops get a shift differential for day shift?? and paid birthdays off

This is what the unions give you.

The more this shit gets out there the more unions are going to lose what little support they have. I mean how do you feel sorry for people who get a paid birthday off or a shit differntial for day shift.

Last edited:
one of my facebook friends posted some bullshit logic in support of this. check this out, this is what unions actually believe.

The average teacher's salary (nation wide) is $50,000. $50,000/180 days = $277.77/per day/30 students=$9.25/6.5 hours = $1.42 per hour per student--a very inexpensive baby-sitter and they even EDUCATE your kids!) WHAT A DEAL!!!!

this is their reasoning :lol:

Last edited:
and remember they only teach 9 months out of the year - shit used to be so kids could head back to the farm and harvest the crops. Like this is really needed now.

Last edited:

good interview with Christie about unions

He said the unions were asked to give 1% to their retirement and just a freeze in their pay and the unions told him to go to hell.

Thats how the unions want to work at the bargaining table.

This shit shouldnt be a surprise to anyone. These governers ran on this in their elections.

That video is obscene, and the fact that the democratic politicians in NJ won't do anything about it is even more obscene.

This shit shouldnt be a surprise to anyone. These governers ran on this in their elections.

Sorry, false, Walker did NOT campaign on busting unions.

And at least Christie separated talking about how much the unions need to sacrifice to close the deficit by almost a full minute before mentioning how he added $200m in corporate tax breaks to the budget.

It also appears to be false to make a blanket claim that police unions haven't made any concessions - they might not have agreed to Christie's proposal, but they have made concessions:

Recent agreements include changes to overtime pay, health care and other benefits.

In Princeton Township, reimbursements for college tuition and uniform allowances have been cut. In Manapalan, the union agreed to contribute to health benefits a year earlier than required by its contract. Officers in the Monmouth County township will also forego overtime for the next 18 months.

Unions in Howell, Montville, South Brunswick and Egg Harbor Township have reached similar agreements.

But hey, I'm sure those tax breaks will quickly lead to lots of job creating, just like the Bush Tax Cuts have kept unemployment so wonderfully low for the last decade ...

to be fair, those tax credits kept unemployment at 5% for 8 years with no real reason for them to be that low

whats right, whats wrong, or are you just going to do what people want to do.

one of my facebook friends posted some bullshit logic in support of this. check this out, this is what unions actually believe.

this is their reasoning :lol:

So according to your reasoning, if one member of a group believes something, all do?

Well, I'm a Red Sox fan, and I believe that unions have a net positive influence on society, so all Red Sox fans are pro-union. Say, aren't you a Red Sox fan?

Last edited:
and remember they only teach 9 months out of the year - shit used to be so kids could head back to the farm and harvest the crops. Like this is really needed now.

Summer is used to get recency credits. I hear a lot about how high school math doesn't change from year to year so there is no need for recency credits. You're half right. While using a Riemann sum to approximate the area under a curve or something similar hasn't changed much, education laws are always changing. Everything from public law 94-142, to state graduation requirements, accreditation standards, standardized testing changes every year. More than that, pedagogy evolves as well, and while I do kind of roll my eyes when someone tells us we've been teaching how to obtain Riemann's sums ineffectively, there's usually something interesting in how someone has taken a fresh look at teaching an old topic.

Pedagogy is teaching how to teach, btw. It's a retarded word education administrators invented so they can feel smart.

Well, I'm a Red Sox fan, and I believe that unions have a net positive influence on society, so all Red Sox fans are pro-union. Say, aren't you a Red Sox fan?

speaking of baseball, a baseball player entertains millions of people at a time considering a national tv audience.. so.. lets take jeter's 25 million/year.. divide by 162.. 154k/game.. divided by 4.5 million entertained viewers on tbs (average).. omg! He only makes 3 cents per viewer! THATS A BARGAIN

PRACTICALLY SLAVE WAGES

That's for the whole game! So like.. 3 cents.. average game is 3+ hours.. ITS LESS THAN A CENT PER VIEWER PER HOUR. OH MY GOD THE HUMANITY

HOW WILL HE EVER AFFORD HIS MANSION PAYMENTS WITHOUT THE PLAYERS UNION

Last edited:
it was posted by a teacher.

Is he your dumbass friend or not? Were you attributing his post to the entire NEA or were you not? Don't even try to fuck with me with anything pertaining to education, you'll get your shit ruined. Think Green Bay Packers vs. Dakota Fanning kind of ruined.

Oh and Vanster, just so you know. Many states do not allow collective bargaining with their public unions, and they're doing just fine.

I'm sorry but I don't like that my tax payer dollars support an organization that forces people to pay union dues, only to be funneled back to democrats.

Summer is used to get recency credits. I hear a lot about how high school math doesn't change from year to year so there is no need for recency credits. You're half right. While using a Riemann sum to approximate the area under a curve or something similar hasn't changed much, education laws are always changing. Everything from public law 94-142, to state graduation requirements, accreditation standards, standardized testing changes every year. More than that, pedagogy evolves as well, and while I do kind of roll my eyes when someone tells us we've been teaching how to obtain Riemann's sums ineffectively, there's usually something interesting in how someone has taken a fresh look at teaching an old topic.

Pedagogy is teaching how to teach, btw. It's a retarded word education administrators invented so they can feel smart.

Funny I was around the school system for most of my life. My mother was teacher for nearly 20 years and of course she had many friends that were teachers.

And very rarely did she have to go back for any other teach credits and if she did she could always complete during other parts of the year.

You type all that shit out and it means nothing.

Teachers vacation just like kids do in the summer. Exactly what my mother did.

Oh and she was in the union and marched in the early 80s when they went on strike.

Last edited:
Vanster,

Please tell me how PUBLIC WORKER unions are good for our economy.

Kind Regards,
Tom

You haven't read any of the arguments supporting unions? Go away and don't come back until you have. I have studied the arguments that support labor unions, and the arguments that are critical of them, as has almost everyone in this thread except for Triple. Until you catch up that far, the entire discussion is going to seem esoteric to you, and you're not going to understand much. Grab some Zovirax and rub it in while skimming the Wiki entry for labor unions. When you have a basic understanding of how they work, AND the acyclovir has soothed some of the scorch from your latest outbreak, come back and discuss this with us.

Back