[wine makers] anybody do the vino

sheeptaur

Veteran X
Nerds,

I started my first batch of wine on Saturday. It's a classic california red from Reserve Du Chateau 4 Week Wine Kit. I'm going to age it for 3-5 weeks with light oak afterwards to give it a bit of extra flavor (since it was a "cheaper" kit).

What should I do next?

Muscadine wine is about all we do around here. And it's not really a wine. More like a brandy.

When you make the wine, dont tell people about it and offer them bottles. You dont want to be that guy.

Why the fuck make something that you can buy for less, without expending any effort, and will always be 100 times better than what you make?

Protip: If you get your woman pregnant, don't offer to go out to the garage and make some diapers. They have those in the shop. Next aisle over from drinkable wine at $10 a bottle.

blood_into_wine.jpg

I've been avoiding that documentary because I really can't stand Tool or Maynard. But it is a cool topic and crazy ass Idea. I don't drink anymore but this still interests me.

Last edited:
I have been thinking about turning my 40 acres into a means of making my own wine. It seems fun and I don't really have anything else that I can do with the land.

get your soil analyzed

and 1 acre of grapes is ~1500 bottles

edit - that's after your vineyard is established for 5 or 6 yrs

Back