Will Tribes:V Lack New Things and Favor the Junkies over the New?

Zoolooman said:
But this isn't a problem with TW in the least. I don't see any trolls replying to every thread with, 'MAKE IT T1 WITH NEW GRAPHICS!" Not in a long time.

Not in Tribes Talk anyways, but that's the only place that counts.

Dac346_99 said:
btw cappable vehicles etc...
um #1 vehicles ruling maps sucked.
#2 map design in t2 was utterly shit.
#3 new packs new etc is retarded. In most games you have 10 different weapons but only 3 are really unique the rest are just copies with different attributes.

Only well thought out and useful weapons should be implemented.. The missile launcher lol.

Seriously they had 3 gernades... how many did people actually use?
k, go back to LT...

Sp!nfusor Salad said:
argument's like Dacs are along similar lines.
#1 tribes should not be dominated by vehicles..

there is nothing wrong with this. vehicles fucking suck.. using the shrike to cap sucked... the tank sucked.. the bomber was kinda cool. but cmon vehicles fucking sucked.. especially in pubs.

#2. adding more and new shit that adds nothing detracts from true gameplay. in most t2 pubs 3/4s of the players would just be fucking around in vehicles or trying to deploy a sensor field.. if you add in shit it shouldnt be fucking bullshit.. Also t2 maps fucking sucked for the most part. Katabatic for instance was a total ski killer with nothing but some huge mountains and flat terrain.

I dont see how u can argue u want tribes to be about uber cool tanks and capping in vehicles... that is fucking stupid and i would never play T:V if it was focused on vehicles. its about skiing first. something t2 base lacked.

Dac346_99 said:

there is nothing wrong with this. vehicles fucking suck.. using the shrike to cap sucked... the tank sucked.. the bomber was kinda cool. but cmon vehicles fucking sucked.. especially in pubs.

#2. adding more and new shit that adds nothing detracts from true gameplay. in most t2 pubs 3/4s of the players would just be fucking around in vehicles or trying to deploy a sensor field.. if you add in shit it shouldnt be fucking bullshit.. Also t2 maps fucking sucked for the most part. Katabatic for instance was a total ski killer with nothing but some huge mountains and flat terrain.

I dont see how u can argue u want tribes to be about uber cool tanks and capping in vehicles... that is fucking stupid and i would never play T:V if it was focused on vehicles. its about skiing first. something t2 base lacked.
1. Ok, get the fuck away form t1 and t2 already... thrax has already mentioned multiple times that this is a NEW game. I doubt the vehicles will be anything like t2's, and the devs will be careful to balance everything during beta.

2. You are bascially taking away what makes tribes, tribes... the ability to customize your load-out is what this game is about. Some people may like to HO with an energy pack to get more jetting power, others might like to take the ammo pack and sacrifice jetting for more shots, and some like to take the sensor jammer pack to avoid turrets and the IFF indicator... Sorry man, but I doubt this is going away. If you don't like the fact that tribes promotes different styles of play, then go take up a run-n-gun game.

And who is arguing that tribes is all about tanks and bombers? have you even played classic lately? The shrike is almost the only vehicle used because it's an effective flag D, as well as flag O, tool if you have a good pilot.(go ZP)

We barely know anything about this game, and we know nothing about the gameplay; or the way vehicles will affect it.

Last edited:
Dac346_99 said:

:lol:

Fuck, this shit is fucking really the way to fucking explain your fucking shit.. err I mean arguments. Oh, and it fucking sucks, because it fucking sucked.

are you guys planning to break up the phsyics and weapons phsyics model so that the people who have been playing Tribes for the past 7 years wont have an ungodly edge?... Id be sort of one of those people but I wouldnt play if it were classic again :eek:

New game i know but what is the extent of a new game?... I wouldnt mind myself if it were barely the tribes we know of today.

Sp!nfusor Salad said:
are you guys planning to break up the phsyics and weapons phsyics model so that the people who have been playing Tribes for the past 7 years wont have an ungodly edge?... Id be sort of one of those people but I wouldnt play if it were classic again :eek:

New game i know but what is the extent of a new game?... I wouldnt mind myself if it were barely the tribes we know of today.

from all your posts of yours i've read it sounds like you don't want a tribes game at all.

Hrm, I don't think T1's, T2 base's, or T2 classic's ladders ever resembled each other...

Besides, for them to make it so that completely new players are at teh same skill level as teh old players, it's going to have to not be a Tribes game.

Sp!nfusor Salad said:
are you guys planning to break up the phsyics and weapons phsyics model so that the people who have been playing Tribes for the past 7 years wont have an ungodly edge?... New game i know but what is the extent of a new game?...
SS, think about that for a second. It's tribes. There are disk launchers. You have a jetpack. How in the world could somebody how has been playing for 4 or 5 years not have an advantage? That's like asking me to change the physics of the world so that Michael Jordan won't have an advantage in a new baskeball game I'm making. As long as there is a hoop and a ball, he's got an advantage. He'll adapt way faster than Joe Average.

Expect to be owned by the same people that currently own you.

Last edited:
Im not worried about my ability to compete :)

IM worried about the poor kid who jumps into the game dies 186 times and goes to and never plays the game again :p

Yeah its a tought problem to crack...

Perhaps i should just have my faith in wonderful Thrax :eek:

Thrax Panda said:
You bet. I'm totally "cuddly". Ask anyone. Not as cuddly as BadMoFo, perhaps, but cuddly just the same.
At about what numerical level would you estimate your cuddliness? Please measure in huggage per square inch (hsi).

Back