What do you NOT Want to see in this game?

[dof]DudshoT said:
shrike is one those good things that doesnt exist in other games.

..ok maybe airplanes in bf42 but still..

exactly.

i remember when on the game forums (i mean outside tribalwar *gasp*)... folks initially called BF42 a tribes rip-off.

it isnt, exactly, but the association is there - for better or worse. folks also are calling ut2k4 a tribes and bf42 rip. of course, when you have a buggy... it's a halo rip, etc.

i think it would be a colosal mistake (pun!) if T:V didnt at least partially reflect what the mainstream gamer expects from a "tribes" game. im afriad that expectation goes way beyond sportsy jetpack action for a lot of people.

then again, im not a marketing guru. just a lowly gamer :ugh:

Last edited:
All I want to see is T1 physics on the Unreal engine, without the Shocklance, Missle Launcher and vehicles from T2. Reproduce the T1 vehicles, and thats it. :)

oodles said:
All I want to see is T1 physics on the Unreal engine, without the Shocklance, Missle Launcher and vehicles from T2. Reproduce the T1 vehicles, and thats it. :)
Someone's in for a bit of a disappointment.

We're not making T1, or T2. If you're expecting either, pls press reset.

Thrax Panda said:
Someone's in for a bit of a disappointment.

We're not making T1, or T2. If you're expecting either, pls press reset.

Thank god.. It's so disturbing to see these people that canNOT open up to potentially new and better ideas. "T:V should be T1 with better graphics.." :rolleyes:

If it's T1 with better graphics, you'll have the same 500 people playing it as you do now. So what's the point? Think outside the box pls, thanks. :)

KillerONE said:
If it's T1 with better graphics, you'll have the same 500 people playing it as you do now. So what's the point? Think outside the box pls, thanks. :)
No, youll have zero people playing it because it wont be able to run on their crappy computers.

ZenTseTse said:
exactly.

i remember when on the game forums (i mean outside tribalwar *gasp*)... folks initially called BF42 a tribes rip-off.

it isnt, exactly, but the association is there - for better or worse. folks also are calling ut2k4 a tribes and bf42 rip. of course, when you have a buggy... it's a halo rip, etc.

i think it would be a colosal mistake (pun!) if T:V didnt at least partially reflect what the mainstream gamer expects from a "tribes" game. im afriad that expectation goes way beyond sportsy jetpack action for a lot of people.

then again, im not a marketing guru. just a lowly gamer :ugh:

As long as it is Tribes at heart one way or another ill be happy.

And by your explanation every single game is a ripoff of 1 game years and years ago with any small variation of the feature they have. Games dont "rip off" other games. They expand on the same Ideas with different variations etc. Obviously with the hundreds of PC FPS's and they didnt all rip of tribes, or doom or quake etc, they just "expanded".

KillerONE said:
Thank god.. It's so disturbing to see these people that canNOT open up to potentially new and better ideas. "T:V should be T1 with better graphics.." :rolleyes:

Sorry. I have yet to see anything new and innovative here.

KillerONE said:

yeah!

lets make it t2 with better graphics :)

Wulfen said:
I should hope not. I've been working hard to make sure not much of the new stuff has been shown so far. We're saving that for the end of the PR blitz.

With comment to the wind, with it comes the hugh chance of cheating (as with anything else) but think about playing on a server and everytime you have a match there the wind is right in the face of the "most effective" capping routes for your tea, so your always pissing in the wind sorta speak. I mean and if it was a coincidence, how often woul dit have to happen before you started blaming them for cheating.

I dunno whats in T2 really (played it 10 times) or Legends or anything else, shoot I aint got a clue anymore. But since im planning on purchasing the game I would like to see (ANd sorry if an aforementioned game already has this, i been in the land of real life the last few years)...

- INtegrated RW/Headphone system...
- Camo mines/Claymores... Something that would take a bit longer to place but a substantially bigger boom.
- Damage to the outsides of buildings, stuructural intergtiy wouild be compensated... IMaging the IR base completely crumbling
- Disarming moves...
- Hand to hand combat? EMP limits all weapons, packs, and turrets for X seconds so all you can do is punch/kick for a lil
- IM done babbling I just wanted to feel special and post.

BTW I know some are a lil odd, some are retarded, but im just typing so bear with me.

Wulfen said:

There's a single player campaign in Tribes. (New)
You play it like a book, controlling the main character of whatever chapter you're on. (New, Innovative)
The single player includes examples of what you might play if you go online. (Innovative)
There are different models for each Tribes's armor (New)

And that's just the info we've released this year. More new stuff coming today. And then we'll really blow you away next year. Stay tuned.

Marweas said:
And that's just the info we've released this year. More new stuff coming today. And then we'll really blow you away next year. Stay tuned.

damnit, we're all gonna buy the game anyways. just tell us now.

please?

I was about to write something brash like "TV will remind shooter players who their daddy is" and then remembered that "Romero will make you his bitch" ad, and the stupid marketing weasel who promised to eat bugs if his game shipped with bugs, and decided to promise nothing. Wait and see.

Last edited:
Back