Why not study economics?

TeckMan

Veteran XV
It seems like everyone is very concerned about economic issues all the time. Yet most people will graduate college having never taken a course in the subject, all the while caring deeply about economic issues.

Those of you that never took a business course or economics in particular, why didn't you enroll?

from what I've seen of post secondary textbooks those courses are responsible for the situation you are in.

Pure economics degree doesn't seem very valuable. Combine with math poli sci and you got someone useful. Well maybe in the case of poli sci you go from useless to maybe having career prospects

ya, most of the 'born to rule' class of british politicians end up doing Philosophy Politics and Economics these days

edit: as a combination degree called PPE

Last edited:
I didn't say major in, but just take a principles of macro or micro or most universities offer a general econ 1 semester class.

why not take it as an elective?

I hear a couple of people claiming low earning power for the full degree, which is again not what I asked but also empirically very false, it is a very high earning degree.

Special-K seems to think the field is flawed? What do you base that on if you haven't taken the course?

really? gen ed, not related to your major at all?

I know at my school it was one of a few courses that could satisfy one of the gen ed requirements but was rarely taken by non business majors as it was considered the hardest of the selections in social science.

yep the guy at the beginning of ferris beullers day off took one. looked boring to me

I could make it interesting though

that's the public system at work

economics: the bible

interest rates, principle, instructions on how to handle wealth

the textbooks they issue you in class sure work (NOT)

the founding fathers believed in the bible and ran a balanced budget for like a hundred years

Back