Who's picking up Final Fantasy 13 tonight?

I'm going to see what reviewers say about it. I'm not so sure I want another RPG to throw on my pile... :ugh:

i think ill pick it up sometime this week. i havent played a FF game since FF:X and MW2 hasn't come out of my xbox since i bought it so i figure it's time to mix it up a bit

I'm gonna wait on the reviews for that one, it has too much of a romance vibe like 8 did and I'm leery of those.

already got it, played through 2 battles and got sick of it

god what is wrong with me

FFX was one of my favorites

i guess i got older

If it's anything like the Wii Smash Bros. midnight opening, I'll have some time to grab some beers before I go back to pick it up.

already got it, played through 2 battles and got sick of it

god what is wrong with me

FFX was one of my favorites

i guess i got older

its not you, its that the FF series has been going down hill for a while now.

i can still pick up FF1 and enjoy it by challenging myself... challenge = fun... modern FFs are nothing more than movies that require you to occasionally push a few buttons

I'm going to see what reviewers say about it. I'm not so sure I want another RPG to throw on my pile... :ugh:

Same. I'm not willing to take the plunge because of 9 onward (maybe even 8 too). It looks amazing. It's a matter of gameplay.

its not you, its that the FF series has been going down hill for a while now.

i can still pick up FF1 and enjoy it by challenging myself... challenge = fun... modern FFs are nothing more than movies that require you to occasionally push a few buttons

part of it IS him though

he said Final Fantasy X was one of his favorites

I'd go as far to say that X is the worst of all of them (I don't even count X-2 as a title here)

FF started going downhill with 7. 7 was fun but that's when all the emo started to slip in. from there it was a losing battle.

Kefka is still the greatest bad guy in FF history and ff3/6 is the best of them all.

ffiv was awesome. I've heard that ffvi was one of the best, but i still haven't played it.

i enjoyed the original 8 bit ones quite a bit. I've played ff all the way through at least a dozen times. ffii had an awesome leveling system, but it was also easy to abuse.

the last good ff game was ffvii. ffviii was okay, but not something i'd play all the way through again. ffix, x, xi, and xii were crap. xi shouldn't even have been part of the numbered series, nor should xiv.

with ffviii/ffix and up, everything became very linear and confined. i could no longer go adventuring through a gigantic world on a ship, airship, or any other vehicle or vessel. to me, that's what gives it that feeling that it's nothing more than movie where you just press a button all the way through. ffxii pretty much set that in stone when you could literally create macros that would let you just push the same button all the way through a fight.

Back