Who here is happily married?

rootb33r

Contributor
Veteran X
Got me thinking:

To the married, whats been the things that have made it the best part of your life? : AskReddit

A lot of people on here are basement-dwelling nerds, divorced, or single. Don't hear much from the happily married folks.

I'm engaged to my best friend (yes, she's female, and way hotter than your girl). She's awesome. She sent me that link, actually, saying it reminded her of us.

tl;dr: hot chick who browses reddit, is doing her PhD, likes internet memes, raptors and zombies, and makes you play video games so she can watch her tv shows = marry 4ever.

flame away, unsentimental losers
:50pages: :hitit:

I hope you all find your best friends so you can be fulfilled :sunny:

I'm getting married next month to the girl I've been with for 8 years.

She's smart, beautiful, kind, same sense of humour, and watches her tv shows while I play video games....

I'm getting married next month to the girl I've been with for 8 years.

She's smart, beautiful, kind, same sense of humour, and watches her tv shows while I play video games....

Yeah this is pretty much what my fiancee does. She can watch Real Housewives or whatever she wants but I sure as hell am not watching it with her.

Coming up on 5yrs married 11 yrs together. She knows cooking and tailoring ;) . We find most of the same stuff funny, great sex life, no money problems. Inseperable (even as far as regging here on TW and irc - which I told her was a terrible idea at the time) She even went to a couple of LANs with me back in the day.

Our only points have contention have been MMOs (which we've both played) taking up too much time; especially post-kids, and sporting events because I have season tickets to both the Sounders and UW football which makes going to games almost a year round thing.

Marriage isn't for everyone. And people make the mistake of marrying someone who isn't right for them constantly.

It's really one of those things where you know when it's right. If there is any doubt whatsoever, then it's not right. Any doubt at all.

Relationships are NOT supposed to be work. Yes, there are compromises, but both sides are happy to make them when it's right. If you're thinking of marrying someone and feel relationships are work, then don't fucking do it. You're wrong, she's wrong, and you're an idiot.

Back