When are we going to have space wars?

It can't be too far off can it? Eventually someone is gonna wanna do something in space and we are gonna make space fighters and duke it out.

I'd sign up to any country's military right now if they guaranteed I would have my own space fighter mobile

When China goes to the Moon. Then we'll have a reason to protect the moon from colonization by those god damn pinko commie slant eyed chinks. Till then we have no reason.

There will never be space wars. Everyone is happy when they have to float after balls of juice. It's a light-hearted and frivalous activity.

the wars will be fought out with pilot-less space ships.

the military will recruit the hardcore gamers to sit at a control center and duke it out over a monitor or some type of virtual headset

ah, the enders game style war. minus the part of us not knowing the ships we control are real people.

fuck space wars, I want heavy armor and heavy plasma cannons thanx.

BIGOBS30.GIF

We'll probably have space wars when two separate planets (or maybe the moon) have militarizes and get in a war. Otherwise it's just easier to float a boat over there and shoot at them, shortest distance between two points kind of thing.

the wars will be fought out with pilot-less space ships.

the military will recruit the hardcore gamers to sit at a control center and duke it out over a monitor or some type of virtual headset
Theoretically, if we ever get ships that fly fast and are manuverable enough, a pilot would be advantageous, as signals from Earth take about 1 1/2 sec to reach, say, the moon. Try playing an FPS with 1.5 second lag.

Still though, space is sorta the most dangerous enivornment out there, and keeping people alive out there is such an arduous task, that I don't think space combat is going to work out very well for a while.

Theoretically, if we ever get ships that fly fast and are manuverable enough, a pilot would be advantageous, as signals from Earth take about 1 1/2 sec to reach, say, the moon. Try playing an FPS with 1.5 second lag.

Still though, space is sorta the most dangerous enivornment out there, and keeping people alive out there is such an arduous task, that I don't think space combat is going to work out very well for a while.

probably by this time we would have either people in place in space/on the moon to pilot, or have fully robotic planes that didn't need second-to-second piloting

no because it would be just like they do on the ground here now with the little remote airplanes for scouting.

we would have mobile control centers out in space or on the moon already.

and despite every scifi show with fighting in space ever, combat most likely would be over very long ranges with guided weaponry, so 1.5 second lag may not be that big of a deal anyhow

Back