Whatever happened to box gun?

601px-Boatman3.jpg

Did we ever learn what box gun does?

Was it supposed to suppress?

Was it supposed to aid in cooling?

Was it supposed to add a fuckton of mass?

“Military Grade” is a marketing term and really doesn’t mean anything. Can I interest you in a “Tactical” Flashlight? If you order now, I will include an “Industrial” grade paring knife.

Did we ever learn what box gun does?

Was it supposed to suppress?

Was it supposed to aid in cooling?

Was it supposed to add a fuckton of mass?

It was a series of fans to keep the barrel cool for greater accuracy after a few shots.

It was a series of fans to keep the barrel cool for greater accuracy after a few shots.

This was already solved a century before by adding a water jacket but it would be an interesting weapon. Imagine a stealthy sniper setting up for 2 dozen shots in quick succession, his power supply plugged in, RGB fan LEDs kick on, totally silent noctua fans engage. "Glad my barrel doesn't glow just red after I burn through my ammo so quickly it starts warping! Thx Boxgun!"

As I recall, the box had computer fans to cool the barrel, making the firearm more accurate.

He also had a work bench inside his apt he had with his girlfriend and called himself a "gunsmith."

After TW jeering, he posted it on a gun forum, and that whole community was just as confused by the whole thing as we were. He disappeared after that. I wonder where the box gun is now. Should be in a museum.

Back