What card was used to show T:V and optimized by?

{A} PR24

Veteran X
You know how you see like with UT there is a nVidia logo at the beginning? What card is T:V supporting and what have you been using for the "top end" cards for playing T:V right now? ATI x800 PRO? GeForce 6800GT?

Just wondering seeing an upgrade is very near for me here.

i have a 9800xt, and i have no idea if thats better or worse than a x800 pro,

but i just FUCKING KNOW that menzo will see no good in this thread and fucking close it, and that pisses me off.

/me ends vet4 rant

I like Menzo because he's not going to ban me from this forum for posting stupid things.

Fixed.

- Menzo

Last edited by a moderator:
This changed from a simple question about video cards to a menzo bashing thread. Maybe this is why he keeps locking them?

Not all games have to be optimized for one card in particular. From what some of the beta testers have said, so far anyways, is that both cards perform well. I also have a 9800XT. It was just unfortunate I believe that T2 happen to have "issues" that only ATI cards seemed to have trouble handling.

Death By Cheese said:
This changed from a simple question about video cards to a menzo bashing thread. Maybe this is why he keeps locking them?

No he locked one yesterday about if T:V would be on DVD. But he was still nice enough to tell me that it would not be on DVD so the thread accomplished what it had to.

I would love an answer here as well if Menzo or Thrax would love to chime in :)

Tribes: Vengeance will run on all of those cards really well. It's not particularly optimized for any high-end videocard.

-cyanide- edited by Menzo said:
I like Menzo because he's not going to ban me from this forum for posting stupid things.

Fixed.

- Menzo

This is your one and only warning. Personal attacks are no allowed on Tribes Talk. Post whatever you want on General Discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason the DVD thread was locked was that it contributed nothing new. There'd been at least one more (and quite... boisterous) DVD/CD discussion within the last week or so, so Menzo viewed it as (rightly in my mind) an opportunity for those... boisterous... elements to continue thier antics, and locked the thread.

He has admin power because he has to deal with stuff like that, because the other admins might not be available immediately.

Menzo said:
Tribes: Vengeance will run on all of those cards really well. It's not particularly optimized for any high-end videocard.

What are you guys running for high end cards right now Menzo? If you don't mind me asking ;)

VaporTrail said:
The reason the DVD thread was locked was that it contributed nothing new. There'd been at least one more (and quite... boisterous) DVD/CD discussion within the last week or so, so Menzo viewed it as (rightly in my mind) an opportunity for those... boisterous... elements to continue thier antics, and locked the thread.

He has admin power because he has to deal with stuff like that, because the other admins might not be available immediately.

I have no hard feelings for Menzo bro. He answered my question then locked it. Really no need to keep it going anyways, nothing but <3 for the Sierra guys and Irrational.

{A} PR24 said:
What are you guys running for high end cards right now Menzo? If you don't mind me asking ;)

It varies. I think most of us have at least one rig with an X800 or a 6800 in it. Machines we use to demo always have one of the above.

{A} PR24 said:
Thanks bro

Is the card a x800 Pro or xt? Same with the GeForce 6800 GT or Ultra?

I honestly have no idea - whatever ATI and Nvidia send us. Probably whatever is the fastest.

I have a geforce 2 with 32 mb of ram so yeah i need a new card and I dont have a big budget to spend on my system. Any suggestions for lower budget cards that will be able to run this game?

Death By Cheese said:
I have a geforce 2 with 32 mb of ram so yeah i need a new card and I dont have a big budget to spend on my system. Any suggestions for lower budget cards that will be able to run this game?

You have a PM

Back