[Weekend Trip] Dallas/Fort Worth

TooSmoothe

Veteran XX
Going to be down there for the weekend for the Nascar race, what else is there to do?

Yes I know I can google search the area but that's just gave all the touristy crap that is a waste of money. Anyone have any insight into actual fun places to go, open for anything.

Going to be down there for the weekend for the Nascar race, what else is there to do?

Yes I know I can google search the area but that's just gave all the touristy crap that is a waste of money. Anyone have any insight into actual fun places to go, open for anything.

I've lived here most of my life. Traffic is going to be pretty awful around Texas Motor Speedway, and you'll be much closer to Ft. Worth than Dallas from there. What do you like to do?

go to billy bob's one night

This has been recommended by multiple people now so it's looking like a good place to go.

As far as what I like, I was hoping to see a rodeo but it doesn't look like there's much going on. I like to do manly things and this is the only time I'll ever be in the area so I'd like to see something that is unique to the region (I'm from MN).

Thanks for the heads up about the traffic, we'd already planned for extra travel time but the more I think about it, missing out on a flight because of a 2 hr traffic jam would suck balls.

I'll be at the races as well.

Billy Bobs would be a good choice.

There will be plenty of partying going on at the race track itself.

Are you staying at the track?

PM me if you have any questions about traffic flow/etc. I'm a PSL owner at TMS and have attended races there for years.

I would goto these races and sit in the excutive suite since my sister is the hospitality manager for the TMS luxury suites.

But i am gonna be a sad little nerd and go play magic the gathering cause it is Grand Prix Dallas the same weekend. Good jobe WOtC for making the tournament the same day as the race. Traffic will be a nightmare.

and i will get it in there now, haters gonna hate.

There is almost jack shit to do in north Ft Worth but party with the rednecks at TMS. Hit up Sundance square in downtown Ft Worth or check out the stockyards. Eat mexican food every night because it's 10x better than anything in MN. You could even hit up Six Flags if you feel like driving to Arlington.

Thanks for the recommendations bros. A couple flights were delayed so our trip to Billy Bobs got scratched but we did go to the stockyards and partied with a lot of the locals.

Target field is better than Arlington Stadium, just sayin.

I got a huge kick out of the southern hospitality, Minnesota nice is just people being polite. Southern hospitality was just so much more. I was thoroughly impressed and feel bad for having judged Texas for so long.

P.s. You motherfuckers are fat. I know there is a certain demographic that attends Nascar races but I think the avg BMI was 48.

Arizona has the best mexican food, we mostly ate steak. Maybe I'll post pictures of my outfit, it was very patriotic.

Back