Warrior Talent Question

Ender P. Wiggin

Veteran XV
Two-Handed Weapon Specialization: Increases the damage you deal with two-handed melee weapons by 1%. [5% maximum.]

Does that also apply to special attacks? [Whirlwind, Heroic Strike, Cleave, Execute, etc.]

It just adjusts your damage before any attacks. So, when you press C, the range you get is the adjusted range that is then applied to special attacks.

BlodBath-VuP- said:
Heh, on a 1200 crit it's about 60 more damage. Sure it helps, but it's hardly must have.

except it's applied to every single swing you'll make with a two-handed weapon, and every special.

it doesn't have the WTFPWN effect of a huge number appearing on your screen, but it is one of the most powerful arms talents and is highly underrated. i, too, consider it a must have. +5% overall damage and scales with your gear.

Coylter said:
Imp hamstring is useless. Whats the point of total immobilisation when the guy can barelly move anyway...

I don't currently have it, but it's great for PVP ganking as it basically forces an epic mount to dismount.

Coylter said:
Imp hamstring is useless. Whats the point of total immobilisation when the guy can barelly move anyway...

Imp Hamstring doesn't proc nearly often enough, but when it does, the proc is also a saving grace against melee who are wearing you down, because you get a precious few seconds to run out of melee range and bandage for a clutch heal. This is only really remarkable for 1v1, of course.

I can't even remember how much it'll cost to respec but my present build does alright. One thing I want to try is sword spec. I follow this logic.

- Crits normally do roughly 150% of a normal strike, and under very specific talents/circumstances can hit 200% (double damage).

- While axe spec (the one everyone seems to lean to) gives you a greater chance to get a crit in sword spec give you in extra swing, which would in theory be double damage as opposed to 150% damage.

Of course now that I think about it axe simply adds it's proc on top of your normal crit rate, making it more effective as opposed to Sword specs willingly 5% baseline proc.

Think I need to do some more research.

It applies to the base damage of your weapon, as the first post said.

On an enraged critical strike it ends up being quite a large bonus.

must-have talent for sure. take this over improved hamstring

Feannag said:
I can't even remember how much it'll cost to respec but my present build does alright. One thing I want to try is sword spec. I follow this logic.

- Crits normally do roughly 150% of a normal strike, and under very specific talents/circumstances can hit 200% (double damage).

- While axe spec (the one everyone seems to lean to) gives you a greater chance to get a crit in sword spec give you in extra swing, which would in theory be double damage as opposed to 150% damage.

Of course now that I think about it axe simply adds it's proc on top of your normal crit rate, making it more effective as opposed to Sword specs willingly 5% baseline proc.

Think I need to do some more research.
Crits are 200% damage, not 150%, and they are 220% on special attacks if you have Impale.

That said, Sword Spec is still superior to axe spec.

My warrior is currently Axe Specced with Imp Hamstring.

After I got a Barb Blade though, I'm thinking of going Sword. But probably wont until I get at least an OEB.

BlodBath-VuP- said:
Heh, on a 1200 crit it's about 60 more damage. Sure it helps, but it's hardly must have.

thats like saying str/ap is useless
shit adds up and my 4/5 2h spec is equal to 80 ap iirc. unless you jack off to dueling or are consistently mt then taking pts out of parry for it is def worth it

Last edited:
Back